Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2008, 02:37 PM

23,865 posts, read 33,545,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggalegga View Post
Loved the skiing episode. I felt so bad when they had to land in Boise and it took several more attempts to finally make it to Utah. That home in Park City was really nice. I'm glad Kate started feeling better and she got some much overdue pampering. She has such good friends to come and help out. It was cute to see the kids in ski school. I didn't think any of them would end up going back the next day. It was nice to see Jon have some fun. He said he felt young again. It's nice to see the parents are trying their best to offer new experiences to their kids and like Kate said, even though it takes a lot out of she & Jon as parents, it's well worth it. It doesn't hurt that various places have picked up the tab a few times either.
I thought it was a good episode. I enjoyed seeing Cara shine with her skiing; and wasn't surprised that Maddy was a bit jealous. Maddy reminds me of my daughter who's finally grown out of acting like that.

I had to laugh with Jon and how he felt younger, I mean he's really not that old. To hear him talk you'd think he was in his 40's when he's only going to be 31. The longer the show is on, the more I see Jon seem like he's self consious about his looks.

The "babies" were really cute trying to ski.

Old 03-09-2008, 10:17 AM

3 posts, read 18,932 times
jon he is a person who dose lots of thing like traveling that trip that yall took to disney we are doing the same thing my little girl saw the episode now she wants to go to disney world it is like the some thing but i don't have 8 kids i bet that was painful

Old 03-09-2008, 10:23 AM

3 posts, read 18,932 times
wonder if cara has a concert and maddie has a dance and adden has a animal something

Old 03-10-2008, 05:14 AM

1 posts, read 6,073 times
Just wonder how long it will keep people interested when they get older! and will Kate still be nagging poor old Jon. I also wonder about the families why grandparents are not in touch I know Jon's Grannie was at their 3rd birthday. But you don't see any of Kate's family has she alienated them due to their fame!???

Old 03-10-2008, 07:12 AM

1,363 posts, read 5,927,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janisharris View Post
Just wonder how long it will keep people interested when they get older! and will Kate still be nagging poor old Jon. I also wonder about the families why grandparents are not in touch I know Jon's Grannie was at their 3rd birthday. But you don't see any of Kate's family has she alienated them due to their fame!???
That's what my husband and I were talking about last night after watching the skiing episode and she was saying how they would never be able to afford trips like that for all the kids if it wasn't for their current situation and they were going to take advantage of the opportunity. I told my husband I think she probably realizes that people are NOT going to be interested in them-at least not weekly-when they are older. Even she probably realizes there is a limited shelf life with this stuff. Out of all the families that are on TV now with their multiples-Jon and Kate are my favorite.

Kate's brother and his wife are close to them-proximity and emotionally. I think they live like 3 blocks away from them. They have said from the very beginning of the show that the grandparents are not really involved. They have never really said what the reason is-just that it was by choice.

Old 03-10-2008, 08:57 AM

3,963 posts, read 10,631,058 times
It's been kind of sad for us raising 2 children with little grandparent interest. I imagine raising 10 would be worse, if only for the fact you need them more.

I can't imagine not wanting to be involved with my children's kids. They'll probably wish we were LESS involved, LOL!

I think the Gosselins are amazing. If cameras caught me at my worst when my kids were that small, they probably would have called the authorities. I applaud her willingness to share her real life experience.

Good job, Jon and Kate!

Old 03-10-2008, 09:33 AM

1,363 posts, read 5,927,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akm4 View Post
It's been kind of sad for us raising 2 children with little grandparent interest. I imagine raising 10 would be worse, if only for the fact you need them more.

I can't imagine not wanting to be involved with my children's kids. They'll probably wish we were LESS involved, LOL!

I think the Gosselins are amazing. If cameras caught me at my worst when my kids were that small, they probably would have called the authorities. I applaud her willingness to share her real life experience.

Good job, Jon and Kate!
Us too. I just keep telling my husband WE are going to be really good grandparents one day.

Old 03-10-2008, 10:04 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,223,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
It seems like Kate's childhood wasn't so great. Just watching the Utah plane trip episode, she said that she wants to give her kids experiences because she never got them. Not entirely sure what she means there.

In any case, I can't imagine taking 1 child on a plane, much less 8! My poor future children will never go anywhere... I have a complete breakdown just getting on the plane (and am near hospitalization if the plane is delayed) by myself... with kids it would be 100% worse.
I've wondered about that too. She never mentions her parents except once where she said something about her parents "not being involved" in their lives. But is that her sister with the curly hair who lives in the nice house near them? I forget how sher refers to her and her husband - as in-laws? But they don't look like Jon at all.

Old 03-10-2008, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by regarese View Post
That's what my husband and I were talking about last night after watching the skiing episode and she was saying how they would never be able to afford trips like that for all the kids if it wasn't for their current situation and they were going to take advantage of the opportunity. I told my husband I think she probably realizes that people are NOT going to be interested in them-at least not weekly-when they are older. Even she probably realizes there is a limited shelf life with this stuff. Out of all the families that are on TV now with their multiples-Jon and Kate are my favorite.

Kate's brother and his wife are close to them-proximity and emotionally. I think they live like 3 blocks away from them. They have said from the very beginning of the show that the grandparents are not really involved. They have never really said what the reason is-just that it was by choice.
Oh, that answered part of my question. I think TLC probably helps set up some of these things like the Utah trip and Disney World. They have to go do interesting things or ratings will fall. You can only watch people going about their daily business for so long before it gets boring. Even if I could easily afford it, there's no way I would take all those kids at that age on a cross-country plane trip. But it was fun to watch someone else do it!

I don't read too much into Kate's parents not being part of their lives. We'll soon be having twins and my parents won't be helping out or even being active grandparents. It's due to them living 900 miles away, they're not the "helpful type" of people, and what I consider to be extreme religious views. I no longer feel very close to them anyway, so I understand not everyone has a close relationship with their parents as adults.

Old 03-10-2008, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I thought it was a good episode. I enjoyed seeing Cara shine with her skiing; and wasn't surprised that Maddy was a bit jealous. Maddy reminds me of my daughter who's finally grown out of acting like that.

I had to laugh with Jon and how he felt younger, I mean he's really not that old. To hear him talk you'd think he was in his 40's when he's only going to be 31. The longer the show is on, the more I see Jon seem like he's self consious about his looks.

The "babies" were really cute trying to ski.
I was surprised to find out his age. I'm 40 and look younger than he does. I imagine between work and helping out at home, he has absolutely no time to go work out, run, etc. Kate seems to stay in decent shape and looks good. Keeping up with the kids is probably a decent cardio workout!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV