U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2008, 10:24 AM

17,700 posts, read 37,465,359 times

Advertisements

Anyone watching this on HBO? It's pretty darn good!!!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2008, 11:51 AM

4,723 posts, read 14,674,298 times
It was on back to back last nite and I skipped it by. Didnt know or hear a thing about it (but I do like Gabriel Byrne)

Old 02-04-2008, 10:33 AM

1,222 posts, read 4,776,632 times
I've seen a couple episodes, but I mised the first couple shows. I've seen the couple arguing over an abortion, and the one where he visits his former supervisor.

So far, I'm enjoying it. I made it a season pass.

Old 02-24-2008, 07:12 AM

10,751 posts, read 33,614,648 times
Default In Treatment - HBO series

I am a HUGE fan of Gabriel Byrne. I literally will at least try to watch anything he is in. I also have always found psychology interesting.

This show is done in 30 minute segments, each segment is a therapy session with another patient, the last segment being the therapist session with his own therapist.

He has three single patients and then a married couple, then of course there is a little here and there about his relationship with his wife, she is another actress that I love from back on her days on Guiding Light and on Star Trek.

Remember it is on HBO and there are some adult themes and discussions and some cussing going on but it has confirmed for me that I want to lick Gabriel Byrne from head to toe. I do prefer it when he speaks with his native Irish accent but I'll take him with his pretend American accent too.

Old 03-02-2008, 06:46 PM

I'm amazed that I've been able to keep up interest in this show. The minute I think that Alex is one of the worst characters ever written, up pops the even more horrible Amy. I am exhausted after each 30 minute show, thank goodness it's not an hour long. I think we are starting week 6 now.

Old 03-02-2008, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
I'm amazed that I've been able to keep up interest in this show. The minute I think that Alex is one of the worst characters ever written, up pops the even more horrible Amy. I am exhausted after each 30 minute show, thank goodness it's not an hour long. I think we are starting week 6 now.
I was totally taken aback that Alex did that research into Pauls wife's affair and threw it in his face. I was just amazed at that.

Amy is pretty horrible as well but at least she isn't attacking Paul. I don't get what Alex gets out of doing that.

Old 03-02-2008, 07:01 PM

Alex feels powerful, which is how he is seeking to feel again. His power was stripped away when he killed those kids in the madrassa and when he had his heart attack. He is taking his frustration out on Paul to show Paul that he is more powerful than him because he can find crap out.

The truth about Amy revealed itself this week. She was fat as a teenage girl and I'm sure she was made fun of, so now she hates men, even her own son. You would think that she would do everything in her power not to make her and Jake's son fat like she was. I'm sure being pregnant scared the tar out of her because she was afraid she wouldn't lose the baby weight and the prospect of putting on weight again with another pregnancy was making her crazy.

Old 03-02-2008, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Alex feels powerful, which is how he is seeking to feel again. His power was stripped away when he killed those kids in the madrassa and when he had his heart attack. He is taking his frustration out on Paul to show Paul that he is more powerful than him because he can find crap out.

The truth about Amy revealed itself this week. She was fat as a teenage girl and I'm sure she was made fun of, so now she hates men, even her own son. You would think that she would do everything in her power not to make her and Jake's son fat like she was. I'm sure being pregnant scared the tar out of her because she was afraid she wouldn't lose the baby weight and the prospect of putting on weight again with another pregnancy was making her crazy.
I find Alex rather sad and pathetic. Here is a man who has a trauma, the bombing, denies its a trauma and then seeks out a therapist to speak about the NON trauma and to feel superior to. Its so bizarre that it sounds like something my brother would do. Have you noticed how he throws down the money in a degrading way, almost as if he is paying a hooker. He is so controling that he tries to educate Paul on coffee, tries to take control of Pauls space by bringing the coffee maker. I just want to slap him.

Old 03-04-2008, 12:06 PM

Ugh!!! What is Paul's problem??? He wants to save Laura, he's not in love with her.

Old 03-05-2008, 06:43 AM

Alex is gay now???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV