Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2018, 08:04 AM

28,843 posts, read 30,100,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
There is just no likable characters on this show. Nobody who I feel a connection with. The Walking Dead did a great job of allowing you to have that connection from the start, but not this show.

I hate Strand. Alicia and Charlie.

I also don't care about anyone else, especially that paparazzi chick with the camera, so stupid, kill her off already and film that! What's up with this June, Laura, Naomi whatever her name is?

I just want John Dorie and Morgan to go to Alexandria and merge those two back on the WD and cancel FTWD.
yeah, Fear has never been that good....never lived up to TWD, however, that to is on its way out with me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2018, 08:32 AM

11,192 posts, read 9,013,964 times
Quote:
There is just no likable characters on this show. Nobody who I feel a connection with. The Walking Dead did a great job of allowing you to have that connection from the start, but not this show.

I also don't care about anyone else, especially that paparazzi chick with the camera, so stupid, kill her off already and film that! What's up with this June, Laura, Naomi whatever her name is?

I just want John Dorie and Morgan to go to Alexandria and merge those two back on the WD and cancel FTWD.
Strand was my favorite character but his whole keeps on backstabbing the group is becoming old.

I hope they add the group to the TWD and then start fresh with a new group. No families.

The whole Madison and Travis family saga was ridiculous then you add Daniel's family. This go be a good series if they just add small group of people from different walks of life.

The airplane and the hatchet mini sagas were more exciting.

Old 08-15-2018, 09:37 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,103,639 times
Quote:

Excellent suggestion. I agree.

Old 08-15-2018, 12:45 PM

6,527 posts, read 6,675,214 times
The whole Clark family dynamic never worked. Have to give credit to the management at FTWD for killing them all off except for one. When I heard of the concept of a family with "issues" & a drug addict son I figured it would mess up the greater story-line. It did.

I liked Madison, but I understand why they finished her off.

Old 08-15-2018, 02:26 PM

15,466 posts, read 10,382,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
well, just to clarify, we don't have monsoons here in PA either, but we've been having them of late?

LOL

I cheated and watched a little of the show this morning, and saw Strand in some mansion? How did they get there? How did they find that place, will they tell us?
Can't remember, but I think Stand just stumbled upon it. He had that car, I assume he still does.

Old 08-16-2018, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
The whole Clark family dynamic never worked. Have to give credit to the management at FTWD for killing them all off except for one. When I heard of the concept of a family with "issues" & a drug addict son I figured it would mess up the greater story-line. It did.

I liked Madison, but I understand why they finished her off.
well, I haven't given up on her yet, remember what the writers did to Glenn that time on the dumpster?

I'm really hoping that she's still alive? thought it was way too irresponsible for the writers to kill off her son and her both? But hey, you never know, right?

Old 08-16-2018, 01:11 PM

6,527 posts, read 6,675,214 times
Quote:
well, I haven't given up on her yet, remember what the writers did to Glenn that time on the dumpster?

I'm really hoping that she's still alive? thought it was way too irresponsible for the writers to kill off her son and her both? But hey, you never know, right?
I think she's gone, but you are right, you never know. The actor who played her son wanted off the show. I think the writers just wanted to get rid of most of the Clark family. The first 2 seasons were so badly written that it's been difficult for FTWD to get a grip.

Old 08-16-2018, 05:23 PM

15,657 posts, read 6,364,902 times
I've have a hard time feeling any empathy for the characters on the show, and the writing seems almost silly at times -- like a post-apocalyptic Disney family drama. Apart from Victor Strand, this latest season has introduced some of the most interesting characters they've had. But I'm not expecting it to last much longer.

Old 08-16-2018, 07:02 PM

2,039 posts, read 3,269,586 times
Quote:

I thought it seemed pretty clear that she blew herself up/burned to death.

I think they are basically trying to reboot the show. The thing I always noticed about Fear vs TWD is that the original is clearly based on a comic book, filled with archetypes, clear antagonists and protagonists and a bit over the top as comics can be, while Fear lacked that and was more "real world" if that makes sense in a zombie show. Now, with the crossover of Morgan and the introduction of Dorie and Al, we have character types we are more used to in the world of the walking dead. It wouldn't surprise me at all if we see Strand either take a small role or die and have a show focused on Alicia and the cast of slightly over the top archetypes that surround her.

Old 08-17-2018, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecvMatt View Post
I thought it seemed pretty clear that she blew herself up/burned to death.

I think they are basically trying to reboot the show. The thing I always noticed about Fear vs TWD is that the original is clearly based on a comic book, filled with archetypes, clear antagonists and protagonists and a bit over the top as comics can be, while Fear lacked that and was more "real world" if that makes sense in a zombie show. Now, with the crossover of Morgan and the introduction of Dorie and Al, we have character types we are more used to in the world of the walking dead. It wouldn't surprise me at all if we see Strand either take a small role or die and have a show focused on Alicia and the cast of slightly over the top archetypes that surround her.
yeah, see, my memory is very bad....so I don't remember that part....sorry....I have MS which makes my memory really bad....lots of times, I have to watch a show a few times...to remember things.

Yeah, now that I think about it, your probably write, but Morgan now seems to want to go back and bring the gang with him, which I thought was interesting...

might be fun to see what they do now....b/c I wasn't thrilled with a hole season dedicated to war with Negan on TWD and feel that many were bored by the series. But that's just me....

I've really been getting into Yellowstone....and enjoying it....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV