Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2018, 12:15 PM

29,737 posts, read 34,357,220 times

Advertisements

There's an existing thread here: //www.city-data.com/forum/tv/29...-watching.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2018, 12:54 PM

130,047 posts, read 12,067,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hefe View Post
Well it is about a psychopathic assassin with a twisted sadistic streak, so if seeing a little girl get ice cream spilled on her upset you I would give it a pass.
Thank you, it doesn't sound like my cup of tea at all.

Old 06-09-2018, 06:09 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,211,900 times
I liked it quite a bit. Not very realistic in many ways but I think its way better than all the comic book super hero stuff.
Not sure I understand the last episode other than to leave an opening for S2

Old 06-09-2018, 06:12 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,211,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I was a disappointed in the finale. You could tell that it was originally intended to be a self-contained mini-series, but when it was renewed even before broadcast the writers didn't have to neatly tie up the loose ends. It ended up being a little sloppy.
I agree off course the whole show is pretty unrealistic in many ways but I enjoyed it.

Spoiler
She could have shot her, then stabbed her. Kept her alive for S2? IDK Seemed odd.

Old 06-09-2018, 09:03 AM

5,249 posts, read 3,603,842 times
I watched the entire series over 2 nights this week, I ended up not liking it quite a bit. I guess I'm in the minority since reviews were good. I'm a guy & maybe it was designed to put me off? I'm not "old fashioned" either.

The music was indeed distracting & annoying & off-putting since it didn't add anything to the storyline, felt the exact same about Peaky Blinders' music (which I couldn't even finish the first episode). The assassin never seemed real, seemed like a character from The Spy Who Shagged Me but in a supposed violent, gritty drama.

The actors are great, the production values are great but the story got more & more irritating as to the way the 2 main characters interacted. I had to force myself to sit through the last 2 episodes' wild girl-crush/hunt antics hoping for the resolution. I guess I couldn't suspend my disbelief enough to swallow this.

So did anybody else notice the not subtle sexual politics? (I consider myself a feminist btw.) The empathetic husband takes blows to the face & then offers a spurned hand; the only males in the "office" turn out to be a boss - then demoted, then a closeted gay, then dispatched, & a Rainman-type beta-nerd; the real boss is an authoritative woman with short hair, always wears trousers & no makeup except for one scene where she puts on lipstick like it's a revelation. And then the last scene with the 2 main characters in bed together with an absurd, violent, but very freudian encounter that made no sense to me other than a clever literary device.

I enjoyed Happy Valley, The Fall & other woman-centric crime dramas, mostly Brit, but this was disappointing.

Old 06-09-2018, 08:38 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,647,422 times
I agree the last episode was unrealistic... even for someone like me who is willing to suspend logic to advance the plot! Hopefully, the writers were just caught short with the renewal and the quality will return!

Old 06-12-2018, 10:33 AM

2,269 posts, read 1,636,204 times
I like it also and agree that the end seemed “off” to me. But, I do love me some cute, perky little psychopath. I’ll definitely be back for season 2.

Old 06-30-2018, 10:35 PM

17,534 posts, read 13,324,825 times
Default Killing Eve on BBC America

Anyone watch this British TV show?

It is GREAT!!!!!!

So great, in fact, that BBC On Demand only has shows 1,2,4,6,7,and 8, I actually bought 3 and 5 on Amazon Prime Video for MrsM and me.

I NEVER pay for pay TV or movies. I figure that they have me for a fortune on cable already!

It's about a really cute psychopath killing her way back and forth across Europe. Great facial expressions and weird ways

Old 07-01-2018, 04:14 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,650,359 times
I have been watching it. Was up to episode 6, went to watch episode 7 and now have to "buy" the episodes. Guess I need to complain to Verizon. I already PAY for On Demand services for this channel. So now I can't finish it.

Old 07-01-2018, 05:59 AM

6,904 posts, read 7,597,105 times
I saw this show listed on a "5 best shows of 2018" list, so began a binge last night.

It's REALLY good! Both female leads should be up for multiple awards come award season; they're both excellent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV