Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2018, 08:28 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,417,724 times

Advertisements

Netflix picked up Designated Survivor after it was canceled by ABC. This is one of my favorite shows. I'm glad Netflix picked it up.

I never looked up ratings on ABC. I enjoy the show especially after they added Michael J Fox. He really is an inspirational and outstanding actor.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...ason-3-1123688

https://www.engadget.com/2018/09/06/...ated-survivor/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2018, 05:20 AM

15,219 posts, read 10,299,568 times
I really liked the show a lot in the first season because it was different than any other show that I had seen. I even watched for most of the second season but when it started changing direction I gave up especially after the wife was killed.

Old 09-10-2018, 10:16 AM

2,360 posts, read 1,913,234 times
i was so happy when this news came out! Now we will see if his COS is the leak..

Old 09-12-2018, 03:05 PM

130,047 posts, read 12,072,794 times
I may have to wait till the season is over & then try the free month of netflix just to watch it in a binge. I did enjoy the show.

Old 05-14-2019, 06:55 PM

118 posts, read 180,886 times
Netflix has confirmed that the 3rd season of Designated Survivor will be released on June 7th.

I hope season 3 is more like season 1 and not season 2, if not I won't continue to watch.

Old 05-16-2019, 03:05 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,417,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohardin View Post
Netflix has confirmed that the 3rd season of Designated Survivor will be released on June 7th.

I hope season 3 is more like season 1 and not season 2, if not I won't continue to watch.
Great news! I saw the Season 3 trailer on Youtube. It looks good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTJbUVjS--M

Old 05-16-2019, 03:16 PM

2,068 posts, read 4,335,270 times
First Season was good.
Second season has been disappointing... it's turning into a day in the life sort of thing.

Special Agent Wells
Why does "Nikita" know everything? Why is there no action save for the special agent and her escapades...? Just give us
another season of nikita or stalker and leave this show with some kind of identity meh. FYI I love me some Maggie Q.

The President
Why is the president so passive and quasi-diplomatic? What's with the long spiels? Why does everything turn out right?

The White house
Not convincing. New characters are annoying.

Mehhh

Old 06-08-2019, 09:43 PM

689 posts, read 2,057,418 times
I'll be interested to hear from some who've watched the Netflix version. We enjoyed the show and looked forward to the third season. We'll stick with it because we like the basic story, but so far it's definitely not the network TV style. It's turned into a bit of a sex and cuss fest, though not as "cussy" as series like "Bosch." And what does the Agent Wells story have to do with the president story? That's all...no more spoilers.

Old 06-09-2019, 07:25 PM

118 posts, read 180,886 times
I have seen 3 episodes of season 3 and so far am enjoying it. Glad the Royal Pain's guy is gone. Like some of the new characters and Maggie Q now with the CIA and the new storyline for her is interesting. I hope her story gets weaved into the White House some how, since right now both story lines are running in parallel tracks.

Things I don't like - very liberal policy emphasis with religious and conservative people put in a negative light. Swearing has increase four fold.

Old 06-12-2019, 02:23 PM

25,576 posts, read 56,455,902 times
Watched entire third season in a few nights. Ten episodes not enough to fully develop some of the characters and storylines. Was Netflix rushing to get new content uploaded? Not a huge fan of DS, but it's watchable. House of Cards was far better and had more diabolically interesting characters. DS storyline and characters are HoC/West Wing - lite.

Re S3, Julie White as Lorraine Zimmer, Kirkman's new campaign manager, absolutely knocked it out of the park. MVP of the season in my opinion. She's had a lot of stage experience and it shows - and has won the Tony award. LOVED HER.

Lorraine Zimmer is miles away my absolute favorite of all the characters thus far - followed by Hannah Wells. Hope there's a S4 and Julie/Lorraine returns as a regular.

The Aaron/Isabel storyline irritates me. I don't like her. I'm rooting for a breakup in S4, although that appears unlikely.

And what's a Hispanic doing with a name like Aaron Shore? Both first and last names imply Jewish descent. Writers could have chosen something not quite so inapposite.

The bioterrorism story line was good - wish S4 had more than ten episodes to develop that without the characters disappearing so quickly.

I've also always loved Maggie Q.
Spoiler
She met a very odd, unexpected and much too early a demise. Hope they find a way to bring her back.

Other characters are OK for me. Don't particularly appreciate and thus fast forward through the sex scenes, which don't add a thing. Story could easily be told without them - except the after-the-fact scene w/Lorraine and boy toy was a hoot. And, yes, writers are blatantly left-wing - going a bit far, however, this season. Especially with the Dontae storyline. Unnecessarily graphic, imo.

Can't say I'm a huge fan of the series, but it is entertaining enough. If Julie White comes back, I'll continue watching.

Last edited by Ariadne22; 06-12-2019 at 02:57 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV