Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 08:46 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,891,217 times

Advertisements

Just for kicks.
If you could make a series finale for any show or re-make a series finale for ANY show in the past, what would it be?

For me, I'd do Married... with Children. It just didn't go away the right way to me.

Here it is:
The D'arcy's loose their money because Marcy looses her job, snapping at a customer, which turns out to be her boss in disguise who wanted to check on production.... and of course, Jefferson wont work. While this is all happening, the Bundys hit the lotto, Bud becomes head of a successful hip-hop lable, Kelly gets into college by "convencing" the dean, and Al and Peggy find a new house and fall in love with eachother all over again.
On the day that they pack up and get ready to move, the family all meets eachother for one last time as Al thinks that he will finally have the life he always wanted. And as the Bundys embrace.... a bomb accedently drops, destroying the house... and everything in it.
After a brief, fade out moment, a teenage Al wakes up, saying he had the strangest dream, when he hears a knock at the door.... It's Peggy, telling Al she's pregnent.....
The show ends with Al looking up and yelling that classic NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2008, 09:52 AM

1,451 posts, read 2,488,749 times
Xena, they kill her at the end! WTF... She wasn't suppose to die, and if she did lets stick with the reoccuring theme of the show. She comes back to life and rides off into the sunset with Gabrielle.. That peeved me, they promoted this whole "soul mate" friendship the entire series and the line "I'll never leave you" was repeated lots.. What happen to that!

Old 04-14-2008, 01:17 PM

1,510 posts, read 5,066,110 times
Quote:
Xena, they kill her at the end!
What?!

I never finished watching it... I was a kid when I used to watch Xena and I loved it but I guess I forgot about it. I didnt know she died..

I'm not sure what series finale I'd change.. I've watched a lot of shows but never continue to the end. I tend to get bored a few seasons in. The other day I was watching The Office and I saw that Scrubs was next.. I thought Scrubs had already ended and I'd missed the finale lol. I'm a bit out of the loop I guess.

Old 04-14-2008, 01:28 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,891,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think (Freedom) View Post
What?!

I never finished watching it... I was a kid when I used to watch Xena and I loved it but I guess I forgot about it. I didnt know she died..

I'm not sure what series finale I'd change.. I've watched a lot of shows but never continue to the end. I tend to get bored a few seasons in. The other day I was watching The Office and I saw that Scrubs was next.. I thought Scrubs had already ended and I'd missed the finale lol. I'm a bit out of the loop I guess.

Yeah, there might be some spoilers here, but yeah, Xena was killed off. And I don't know much about Scrubs since I just don't watch anymore.

Old 04-14-2008, 06:41 PM

4,975 posts, read 11,692,521 times
I HATED the way Seinfeld ended. Anything would have been better than that finale....

Old 04-15-2008, 02:38 PM

1,703 posts, read 3,869,760 times
On Buffy the Vampire Slayer, I would have put Buffy and Angel together at the end and let her go on over to his show. I just loved them together and could never understand why Cordelia of all people went to work with him.

Old 04-15-2008, 08:35 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,339,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinsmom View Post
On Buffy the Vampire Slayer, I would have put Buffy and Angel together at the end and let her go on over to his show. I just loved them together and could never understand why Cordelia of all people went to work with him.

this would have been very hard to pull off. Buffy had been moved to UPN and Angel was still on the WB, so there were very, very few crossovers. Angel did show up towards the end, but I don't think SMG would have ever ended up on Angel (stupid networks!!!)

I'm still pissed off about the Roseanne finale. I HATE it when they pull the "it was all just a dream/hallucination/little boy's vivid imagination" excuse. though, in all honesty, the show started going downhill as soon as Roseanne won the lottery, so maybe it was the writers saying "yeah, we know this season sucked, so let's pretend it never happened."

Old 04-17-2008, 09:36 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,611,075 times
Oh my God- I totally agree about Roseanne! Awful awful awful!

You know what finale I loved? Mad about you- I love some good flash forwards, and Janeane Garofalo was hysterical!

Old 04-17-2008, 11:35 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,537,374 times
So many shows ended miserably but only one ended great. Remember the Bob Newhart show, the one where he ran an Inn and had Darly and the other brother Daryl. That was a great ending.

Old 04-17-2008, 12:25 PM

128 posts, read 308,111 times
I would definitely redo the Veronica Mars ending. I cannot believe they left us with a cliff hanger then cancleded it. I was devestated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV