Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2019, 01:47 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,736,008 times

Advertisements

New shows in all caps

MONDAY
8 pm The Neighborhood
8:30 pm BOB HEARTS ABISHOLA
9 pm ALL RISE
10 pm Bull

TUESDAY
8 pm NCIS
9 pm FBI
10 pm NCIS: New Orleans

WEDNESDAY
8 pm Survivor
9 pm SEAL Team
10 pm S.W.A.T (new night)

THURSDAY
8 pm Young Sheldon (new time slot)
8:30 pm THE UNICORN
9 pm Mom
9:30 pm CAROL’S SECOND ACT
10 pm EVIL

FRIDAY
8 pm Hawaii Five-0 (new time slot)
9 pm Magnum P.I. (new night)
10 pm Blue Bloods

SATURDAY
8 pm Crimetime Saturday (drama series encores)
9 pm Crimetime Saturday (drama series encores)
10 pm 48 Hours

SUNDAY
7 pm 60 Minutes
8 pm God Friended Me
9 pm NCIS: Los Angeles
10 pm: Madam Secretary

Held for Mid Season
The Amazing Race, BROKE, Criminal Minds, FBI: MOST WANTED, MacGyver, Man With a Plan, TOMMY, Undercover Boss

https://tvline.com/2019/05/15/cbs-fa...young-sheldon/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2019, 02:11 PM

CBS doest seem to have traiers for their new shows but here are some synopses for them

Here are CBS’ descriptions of its new shows:

All Rise: A courthouse drama that follows the chaotic, hopeful and sometimes absurd lives of its judges, prosecutors and public defenders, as they work with bailiffs, clerks and cops to get justice for the people of Los Angeles amidst a flawed legal process. It stars Simone Missick as Lola Carmichael, Wilson Bethel as Mark Callan, Marg Helgenberger as Judith Benner, Jessica Camacho as Emily Lopez and Ruthie Ann Miles as Sherri Kanski.

Evil:
A psychological mystery that examines the origins of evil along the dividing line between science and religion. The series focuses on a skeptical female psychologist who joins a priest-in-training and a carpenter as they investigate the Church’s backlog of unexplained mysteries, including supposed miracles, demonic possessions and hauntings. From Robert and Michelle King (The Good Fight), the series stars Katja Herbers as Kristen Bouchard, Mike Colter as David Acosta, Aasif Mandvi as Ben Shroff, Michael Emerson as Leland Townsend, Brooklyn Shuck as Lynn Bouchard and Skylar Gray as Lila Bouchard.

Bob ♥ Abishola: A love story about a middle-aged compression sock businessman from Detroit who unexpectedly falls for his cardiac nurse, a Nigerian immigrant, while recovering from a heart attack and sets his sights on winning her over. From Chuck Lorre, the comedy stars Billy Gardell as Bob, Folake Olowofoyeku as Abishola, Christine Ebersole as Dottie, and Vernee Watson as Gloria.

Carol’s Second Act: A comedy about a woman who embarks on a unique second act after raising her children, getting divorced and retiring from teaching: pursuing her dream of becoming a doctor. It stars Patricia Heaton as Carol Kenney and Kyle MacLachlan as Dr. Frost.

The Unicorn: A single-camera comedy about a tight-knit group of best friends and family who helps Wade (Walton Goggins) embrace his “new normal” in the wake of the loss of his wife one year ago. It also stars Rob Corddry as Forrest and Michaela Watkins as Delia.

FBI: Most Wanted: A high-stakes drama from Wolf that focuses on the Fugitive Task Force, which relentlessly tracks and captures the notorious criminals on the Bureau’s Most Wanted list. It stars Julian McMahon as Jess LaCroix, Alana De La Garza as Isobel Castille, Keisha Castle-Hughes as Hana Gibson and Kellan Lutz as Crosby.

Tommy: Edie Falco stars as a former high-ranking NYPD officer who becomes the first female Chief of Police for Los Angeles.

Broke: A comedy about Jackie (Perrette), a single suburban mother who’s shocked when her estranged sister, Elizabeth (Natasha Leggero), her sister’s outrageously wealthy, big-hearted husband, Javier (Jaime Camil) and Javier’s fiercely loyal assistant/driver/friend, Luis (Izzy Diaz), land on her doorstep in need of a place to live after the couple’s money dries up.

https://ew.com/tv/2019/05/15/cbs-fal...time-schedule/

https://www.cbs.com/recommended/news...time-schedule/

Old 05-15-2019, 02:23 PM

17,616 posts, read 15,310,890 times
Wow.. Undercover Boss is still a thing?

Old 05-15-2019, 04:31 PM

All Rise

Bob Hearts Abishola

Carol's Second Act

Evil

The Unicorn

Broke

FBI: Most Wanted

Tommy

Old 05-16-2019, 05:33 AM

1,412 posts, read 1,019,275 times
Hmm ... I think I'll give Broke, Tommy and FBI: Most Wanted a try!

Old 05-16-2019, 06:12 AM

768 posts, read 345,236 times
Interesting Friday night lineup. I'm guessing the new Magnum skews older.

Oh and ironically followed by the "old" Magnum.

Old 05-16-2019, 06:20 AM

I want to like "Broke" as I love the premise and love everything Natasha Leggerio does but this looks incredibly forced. As well Pauley Perrette's mannerisms are the same she used in "NCIS" so really all I see is "Abby as a mom". For the life of me I dont know why they didnt let her go back to her natural blonde unless they wanted to connect Abby lovers to this new show.

Old 05-16-2019, 07:23 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,111,302 times
Evil, Tommy and FBI most wanted I will most likely watch .

Old 05-16-2019, 08:23 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,218,942 times
Reading the synopsis of Broke, I didn't recognize Pauley's name and sure didn't recognize her in the still of the trailer! I am glad she is getting a new show but I really think she is typecast as Abby too much now. Maybe later in her career but not now.

Look at how long it took Harmon and McCallum to shed their images to become Gibbs and Ducky.

Old 05-16-2019, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Reading the synopsis of Broke, I didn't recognize Pauley's name and sure didn't recognize her in the still of the trailer! I am glad she is getting a new show but I really think she is typecast as Abby too much now. Maybe later in her career but not now.

Look at how long it took Harmon and McCallum to shed their images to become Gibbs and Ducky.
I would say that Mark Harmon grew into the role of Gibbs as the show progressed. In the early seasons he just seemed like a grown up Mr Shoop ("Summer School)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV