Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2020, 11:47 AM

2,066 posts, read 900,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
I'd tell douche-nozzle he either does the show properly and lives with his wife or he forfeits everything.

Pastor Cal: "There are two bedrooms, you know"
Douche-nozzle: "Right, but it's not Roommates at First Sight … um" *blank stare* *awkward silence*

what a douche-nozzle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2020, 11:47 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,029,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADogNamedSam View Post
Closing this scatter-shot post with a comment about Pastor Calvin - talking to the three men, he didn't just roll his eyes and stare in shocked disbelief. He also has a habit, when talking to these goofs, of taking off his glasses and rubbing his eyes, like he's getting a migraine. He does it a lot. They'd give me one too.
Did Pastor Cal not watch any of the footage? He seemed SHOCKED when he heard the girls telling the stories.

Old 02-14-2020, 11:50 AM

5,353 posts, read 5,792,126 times
Quote:
Pastor Cal: "There are two bedrooms, you know"
Douche-nozzle: "Right, but it's not Roommates at First Sight … um" *blank stare* *awkward silence*

what a douche-nozzle.
Hahahahaha! I took my own glasses off and rubbed my head when he said that!

Old 02-19-2020, 01:16 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMTL View Post
Did Pastor Cal not watch any of the footage? He seemed SHOCKED when he heard the girls telling the stories.
This episode had so much editing that I don't know if the face expressions were even meant for what was said, but it was funny and sad to watch.

Mindy is so sincere, that it is almost insane, however, Mindy's responses are normal and Zach is just the biggest sleezball.

We had another type like this on one of the previous seasons. Zach, in my opinion has nothing attractive and to me is not model material. The more we see him the uglier he gets!

Old 02-19-2020, 01:23 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,029,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Zach, in my opinion has nothing attractive and to me is not model material. The more we see him the uglier he gets!
I agree. Y'know how someone not-so-good-looking actually becomes attractive if you like their personality? It works the other way too. I didn't think he was THAT hot at the start but I liked his smile and his tats. I still like his tats, and his smile is disingenuous and smarmy. I think he's a sociopath (can't understand others' feelings; they'll often break rules or make impulsive decisions without feeling guilty for the harm they cause.)

Old 02-19-2020, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMTL View Post
I agree. Y'know how someone not-so-good-looking actually becomes attractive if you like their personality? It works the other way too. I didn't think he was THAT hot at the start but I liked his smile and his tats. I still like his tats, and his smile is disingenuous and smarmy. I think he's a sociopath (can't understand others' feelings; they'll often break rules or make impulsive decisions without feeling guilty for the harm they cause.)
I hate his tats, but I don't like them in general. I'm not a woman, but there's nothing attractive about him. I think all the guys are below average, as are the women except for Mindy and Taylor. As I said, if I was matched with Mindy, game on!

Old 02-19-2020, 01:51 PM

3,058 posts, read 3,823,927 times
Zach just isn't attracted to Mindy physically, and he's trying to spare her feelings. That's pretty much all he is guilty of. I'm not sure why people hate him so much. He's trying to do the right thing and see if feelings develop. Does he vomit a constant word salad of nonsense? Yes, of course. He's slowly tearing the bandaid off, rather than ripping it off.

Once again, I see the double standard of it being ok for women to not be attracted to men (too short, too creepy), but good looking men like Zach HAVE to be attracted to Mindy, or they are a douche.

The producers f-ed up on this. Mindy is a hard 6, I'll give her a solid 7 overall because she seems to have a good personality. But looks wise, Zach is a 9, and they're setting him up with a 6 on the looks scale. They should have set him up with a top pick on the Bachelor (say like Caitlin Clemmens or Hannah Godwin quality).

Old 02-19-2020, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageSunlight View Post
Zach just isn't attracted to Mindy physically, and he's trying to spare her feelings. That's pretty much all he is guilty of. I'm not sure why people hate him so much. He's trying to do the right thing and see if feelings develop. Does he vomit a constant word salad of nonsense? Yes, of course. He's slowly tearing the bandaid off, rather than ripping it off.

Once again, I see the double standard of it being ok for women to not be attracted to men (too short, too creepy), but good looking men like Zach HAVE to be attracted to Mindy, or they are a douche.

The producers f-ed up on this. Mindy is a hard 6, I'll give her a solid 7 overall because she seems to have a good personality. But looks wise, Zach is a 9, and they're setting him up with a 6 on the looks scale. They should have set him up with a top pick on the Bachelor (say like Caitlin Clemmens or Hannah Godwin quality).
Meh. Its more about the garbage that comes out of his mouth. You are right about the double standard though. I happen to agree.

Looks are subjective. I'd give her a 7.5 and personality brings her to an 8. I think Zach is nowhere near a 9 since his personality (and tattoos IMO) detracts. They may be more evenly matched than you're giving credit for.

Old 02-19-2020, 02:14 PM

2,066 posts, read 900,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
Meh. Its more about the garbage that comes out of his mouth. You are right about the double standard though. I happen to agree.

Looks are subjective. I'd give her a 7.5 and personality brings her to an 8. I think Zach is nowhere near a 9 since his personality (and tattoos IMO) detracts. They may be more evenly matched than you're giving credit for.

I'd say she is a 9 but intelligent, small, fit brunettes are my kryptonite.

I will proffer that her very low body fat percentage gives her face a sort of feral look, like runners, where the flesh is drawn tight over the jaw and skull. If she put on a few pounds and her features were rounder, I think she'd look even better.

Old 02-19-2020, 03:54 PM

Quote:
I'd say she is a 9 but intelligent, small, fit brunettes are my kryptonite.

I will proffer that her very low body fat percentage gives her face a sort of feral look, like runners, where the flesh is drawn tight over the jaw and skull. If she put on a few pounds and her features were rounder, I think she'd look even better.
I agree with you. Its rare I think a woman is too thin, but she would look better with another say 20 pounds or so. The only other thing that slightly bothers me about her is her huge teeth, but certainly doesn't bother me enough to not be attracted to her. We all have things about ourselves we think is unattractive, so I'm not picking on her at all. For me, a woman could look at my big ugly feet and say "nope", lol.

ADogNamedSam, in person, I might agree with you. She could very well be a 9. In my mind her personality and commitment is very attractive as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV