Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2020, 05:54 PM

1,350 posts, read 813,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoliz View Post
Could be. I'm also wondering if "RUN" doesn't mean "run," like they kind of lead you to believe in the ads for the series (as in, there is danger - run, as in run away from someone or something) but maybe it shorthand for "reunite" or something?
Another good point... Why do they have RUN all in capital letters? Like you said, maybe it stands for something else. And obviously they had it all worked out ahead of time about where to meet, etc. There was no other text correspondence after the RUN part. How did they know to catch the same train at the same time?

I hope they show us a flash back soon about them making the RUN pact.

And, I'd like to know more about Ruby's family.

Do you think the stranger guy on the train that was in the bathroom... will he be back later? They sure spent a lot of time on that story, which seemed unimportant to that episode. Unless he is coming back for some reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2020, 06:51 PM

4,249 posts, read 3,697,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffodil_fields View Post
Another good point... Why do they have RUN all in capital letters? Like you said, maybe it stands for something else. And obviously they had it all worked out ahead of time about where to meet, etc. There was no other text correspondence after the RUN part. How did they know to catch the same train at the same time?

I hope they show us a flash back soon about them making the RUN pact.

And, I'd like to know more about Ruby's family.

Do you think the stranger guy on the train that was in the bathroom... will he be back later? They sure spent a lot of time on that story, which seemed unimportant to that episode. Unless he is coming back for some reason.
I don't know -- I had assumed not, but now that you bring it up, they spent an inordinate amount of time on him. And there was an indication in the preview that there is more to why he texted "RUN" to her beyond just what she seems to think -- there was an ulterior motive. So, maybe we do see that several people who we think are 'throwaway' characters actually are all part of some intricate scheme. And maybe, as you suggested earlier, he did contact Ruby's husband and spilled the beans or maybe told him that Ruby had officially run away with him or something.

I hope it does all tie together in some reasonable way. I'm still not sure if I like the show.

Old 04-22-2020, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoliz View Post
I don't know -- I had assumed not, but now that you bring it up, they spent an inordinate amount of time on him. And there was an indication in the preview that there is more to why he texted "RUN" to her beyond just what she seems to think -- there was an ulterior motive. So, maybe we do see that several people who we think are 'throwaway' characters actually are all part of some intricate scheme. And maybe, as you suggested earlier, he did contact Ruby's husband and spilled the beans or maybe told him that Ruby had officially run away with him or something.

I hope it does all tie together in some reasonable way. I'm still not sure if I like the show.
I don't dislike it, not sure about liking it, but I figure I've already watched 1/4 of it, might as well see how it ends lol. It's only 25 minutes a week, so I'm in.

I just think the stranger guy will have something to do with Billy, later on. That guy's story was about half the episode! And, drinking with this guy after, too? What was the point of all this?

The previews show a lot of action scenes involving Billy's side of life, but I am interested in if Ruby has anything going on besides being a regular housewife and mother.

Old 04-23-2020, 05:15 AM

11,754 posts, read 14,603,730 times
Quote:
It was all worked out in advance and neither was sure that the other would be there. Still, from their conversation you learn that they had agreed to be on the first train after 5:00 after they exchanged the "run" message.

Old 04-23-2020, 12:37 PM

11,195 posts, read 9,035,204 times
i saw the trailer again. Did she keep his # for 15 years??

Old 04-23-2020, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
It was all worked out in advance and neither was sure that the other would be there. Still, from their conversation you learn that they had agreed to be on the first train after 5:00 after they exchanged the "run" message.
Ohhh. I guess I missed that part in the first episode. Interesting that they would both be living in the same general area, 17 years later... I wonder... had they been in any other contact before this day??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
i saw the trailer again. Did she keep his # for 15 years??
Yes. Because it came up as "Billy" when the text came in, so she must have inputted his information at some point, or kept it from 17 years earlier. Guess her husband never questioned who that Contact was?

Old 04-23-2020, 03:41 PM

4,249 posts, read 3,697,550 times
Quote:
Ohhh. I guess I missed that part in the first episode. Interesting that they would both be living in the same general area, 17 years later... I wonder... had they been in any other contact before this day??

Yes. Because it came up as "Billy" when the text came in, so she must have inputted his information at some point, or kept it from 17 years earlier. Guess her husband never questioned who that Contact was?
They weren't living in the same general area. She was in California (I think L.A. area), and he was, I believe, in Scotland. Both flew to NY and then got on the train.

It is weird about her having his contact info after all this time. I suppose it's right on the cusp of when she might have had a cell phone -- if they were in college around 2000, cell phones existed, but I don't think every college kid would have necessarily had one. And I'm not sure how easy it would be to transfer all the contacts over -- it's easy now with the smartphones, but I don't think those earlier generation phones from pre-2007 or so would be so easy to do. So, she must have individually put in his info into at least her first smartphone.

Old 04-23-2020, 04:51 PM

11,195 posts, read 9,035,204 times
Quote:

I guess he "hit" it right for her to keep it for 15 years.

Old 04-24-2020, 01:12 PM

9,802 posts, read 11,482,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
I guess he "hit" it right for her to keep it for 15 years.
lolololol I know Right, she didn’t wait long to type Run.
My thoughts on the episode.
Something is wrong with billy. I don’t think he’s playing with a full deck.
Only reason why I said that was, he was really out there in the opening scene, sweating mumbling ect...
Also, Why is he playing head games with Ruby, hit it already, what an Ahole
On to Ruby,
This isn’t the first time Ruby has cheated on her husband, I can guarantee. I can tell by her interaction with her husband on the phone call. “What about my Tennis game on Sunday” ok buddy.
Rubys husband seems like the overachiever type. Those type of men only care about their next challenge and nothing eles.
Finally I don’t think billy had anything to do with her credit cards being canceled, I think Ruby was sloppy in phone call with her husband and, he overheard the intercom in the background before she hung up.
The stranger she took back to the room was pretty good. I wish I was that smooth talking sexy to the ladies.
I’m liking it so far.

Old 04-26-2020, 09:24 PM

Episode 3 (SPOILER!!!) -

Well, this was certainly a different kind of episode... full of information, finally.

I have questions, lol...

"Previously on Run..." still showed that guy from the bathroom, I am still thinking he will be part of the show later on.

The flashback to Ruby's wedding day, was that her mother? And, what did she mean - has he texted today? Billy? Or someone else? Ruby did text RUN on her wedding day.... that's what I was wondering before, has Ruby and Billy had any contact before today.

I can't always see what Fiona is texting on Billy's phone, my TV is too small, all I saw was "I'm downstairs." Were there other texts she sent that were important?

Is Fiona just a business partner?

Since Fiona is tracking his location (can't he turn that off on his phone, Turn Off Location?), I will assume it wasn't a coincidence that Fiona was in the same dressing room as Ruby. And, that Fiona said Ruby should go home to her husband.

What is Billy's occupation? That he does these tours, 3 day seminars? Is he a psychic, or life coach?

The upcoming previews shows Ruby's husband asking if she is having "another" break down.

And, Fiona was recording them outside the hotel room... I guess she is going to blackmail Billy.

Going to be interesting next week, with Fiona being on the same train as them. And, Ruby talking by phone to her husband, so we get to see a little more about Ruby's life.

Anyway, those are my thoughts. What did you think of the episode?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV