Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2020, 10:47 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,419,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrassTacksGal View Post

I do not understand why Amelia was matched with Bennett because her one requirement was that he had a job and be self sufficient because she won't be able to support him when she's in her residency program. Bennett is not self sufficient, he lives in a house without plumbing or heat/AC. He said he was bad with making money and had none. He couldn't even find/buy a decent pair of socks! He does not appear to be capable of supporting himself in any kind of normal lifestyle.
I don't remember that at all. I thought her requirement was that the guy had to be willing to move wherever her residency would take her, and that he be willing to not work so he could be a stay-at-home dad.

I'm dying to hear how they know each other and see if they go through with the wedding. Next week should be very interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2020, 10:51 PM

3,236 posts, read 2,314,774 times
Yes, later he can be a stay at home Dad, but when Amelia is in residency she said she needs someone who can support himself because she won't make enough money to support them.

Old 07-26-2020, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Yes, later he can be a stay at home Dad, but when Amelia is in residency she said she needs someone who can support himself because she won't make enough money to support them.
Ah, I must've missed that. Who knows if she'll marry him anyway, since they seem to already know each other.

Old 07-29-2020, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post

Ah, I must've missed that. Who knows if she'll marry him anyway, since they seem to already know each other.
OK, I love their story. And I love their dynamic. Bennett's mother is a hoot. Amelia's friends dressed up like lampshades in a bordello is cracking me up.

Henry is a complete dud. I probably shouldn't say that because he's looking more and more like he's on the autism spectrum. Henry's family are rednecks. Not that there's anything wrong with that, it just doesn't seem like a fit for Christina. Henry's friends are a-holes. They're going to try to sabotage this marriage for sure.

I love Miles and Karen, and their parents' advice to each of them was really good. Did they not show them as much as the other couples, or does it just feel that way?

I still can't stand Brett's family. Olivia's friends can't stand Brett, and I don't blame them.

I love how Woody embraced having two father figures in his life now. I am really rooting for this marriage. Amani is hilarious! "Oh, you're getting married? That's great. Do you know your wife?"

The umbrella dances were so much fun. This episode was really edited well. It just fills you with joy and hope.

Old 07-30-2020, 05:39 PM

5,586 posts, read 8,370,226 times
For Bennett to admire the fact that Amelia doesn't shave her pits -- this could be true love!

Henry sure did have a hard time even looking at the camera, so I get why you're thinking possible spectrum. I feel like he's just super shy and even more so on camera. Remember what's-his-name in Miami (the AirBnB guy) -- very similar personality. But Christina seems obnoxious to me! I didn't see the matchmaking episode so I don't know whether that's her normal personality?

I am getting a vibe from Karen that she still may not be into Miles. I hope not, because I think he's adorable and so sweet.

I didn't even recognize Amani on Unfiltered -- she was so overly made-up for the wedding and then had no makeup on for Unfiltered. I wonder if Woody prefers a more natural look, remember he asked her if she normally wears makeup, which I thought was an odd question. They seem like a good match, I'm rooting for them.

Olivia seems really sweet and I guess I'll need to warm up to Brett and his family. I had no idea what his father's accent was, never heard it before, but someone said it's New Orleans "Yat", which almost has a touch of NY in it.

The funniest thing was comparing Woody's umbrella dancing to Henry's!

Old 08-06-2020, 11:53 PM

Oh mannn, no comments from this week?

Old 08-07-2020, 11:59 AM

OK, I'll go:

There seems to be a glaring omission on the part of the experts on the "wants children?" box this season. Olivia doesn't want any; Bennett wants to adopt; this is all news to their spouses. Isn't that kind of a biggie, experts?

Also, relocation and travel: Bennett gets paired with a spouse who may have to relocate for a few years. Henry gets a spouse who travels all the time for work.

Speaking of Christina, did you know that she travels extensively? You may not have caught it. (rolling eyes) She is treating Henry like a child who's going to Disneyland for the first time. So what he's never been out of the country??

I'm not getting why Henry is a Patriots fan and has no accent like his Dad. Did he actually grow up in Nola? And wow, his Dad at that brunch! I get that some guys tease each other but Henry's Dad seems pretty passive-aggressive. Does he even LIKE the kid? I do, however, think he's right -- Christina is going to be able to dominate Henry because he's so namby-pamby. What were the experts thinking when they matched them -- that Christina would bring him out of his shell?

Worried about Woody and this fire anger that his Mom mentioned. And he's even been in counseling for it! But apparently it hasn't helped, because his Mom just saw the devil anger last week. Yikes.

Miles still seems good so far. Still worried that Karen is going to be Lion King Wig 2.0 from last season.

Old 08-07-2020, 12:35 PM

3,236 posts, read 2,314,774 times
On wonders where all this over population is that Bennett worries about. Didn't that idea fade after the 70's? Where does he expect to find a baby to adopt? First, it's very expensive to adopt. Where is going to get $50K? And more importantly where he is going to find this baby who needs a home? There are no such babies in the US and overseas adoptions are difficult, time consuming, and expensive. Many countries no longer allow foreign adoptions.

Not wanting a baby is a different thing. Men and women often change their minds as they approach their mid 30's. Olivia's spouse should have been told she didn't want children prior to their marriage but she well change her mind if the marriage lasts which isn't looking good.

Henry's dad is awful. Why does Henry's mom allow him to treat their son that way? It's just mean.

Old 08-07-2020, 02:17 PM

Quote:
On wonders where all this over population is that Bennett worries about. Didn't that idea fade after the 70's? Where does he expect to find a baby to adopt? First, it's very expensive to adopt. Where is going to get $50K? And more importantly where he is going to find this baby who needs a home? There are no such babies in the US and overseas adoptions are difficult, time consuming, and expensive. Many countries no longer allow foreign adoptions.

Not wanting a baby is a different thing. Men and women often change their minds as they approach their mid 30's. Olivia's spouse should have been told she didn't want children prior to their marriage but she well change her mind if the marriage lasts which isn't looking good.

Henry's dad is awful. Why does Henry's mom allow him to treat their son that way? It's just mean.
I think he's thinking of world over-population. Maybe he's thinking of third-world countries in Africa. And maybe that's where he'd be trying to adopt a child. Which is noble, but I would definitely want to know his thoughts on that BEFORE marrying him!

You don't think Olivia and what's his face's marriage looks good? Seemed as of latest episode that both were very happy, but I think we've seen previews of troubles ahead. That's why I don't like watching those previews. Sometimes they're misleading, like the time they showed Danielle being upset with Bobby for yelling at the dogs. Then in the real show, we never saw that actually happen.

Yeah, Henry's Mom was getting a real kick of out her husband putting Henry down to his new wife.

Old 08-08-2020, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post

Oh mannn, no comments from this week?
We had to put one of our dogs to sleep on Wednesday, so I didn't much feel like posting.

Poor Olivia. She's such a sweet woman to have been paired with such a jackass.

Henry has Asperger's and it was really unfair to Christina not to prepare her for how to deal with his social awkwardness. It's painfully uncomfortable watching them. Although I married a well-traveled European man, all of his travel experience centered around adventure traveling, so I remember being really excited to introduce him to chill-out traveling when I booked us at the Club Med in Turks & Caicos for our 10-year anniversary (which he fell in love with, btw). I don't see anything wrong with Christina's enthusiasm.

Bennett is actually fine with having children of his own. I suspect they'll do a hybrid type thing a la Angelina Jolie. They can always foster to adopt and it costs nothing. They actually pay you.

I'm still rooting for Miles & Karen and Woody & Amani. I think their tense previews are hyped up for drama.

Last edited by Jill61; 08-08-2020 at 11:36 AM.. Reason: Added Henry's wife's actual name, which I had forgotten.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV