Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2020, 08:02 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,080,350 times

Advertisements

I don't know anyone that still watches soaps. Or at least has ever mentioned it. I think I know 1 person, my mom (in her 80s) that watches 2 reality shows. I liked most of the Marvel movies.
Personally, I think when they really first started airing the reality shows they wanted us to like them and so many channels were full of them that sometimes there weren't too many options (at the time). They were shoving them down our throats until the masses got on the bandwagon. I did watch Deadliest Catch for the first few seasons until they started adding unnecessary drama to it. But, like the others said, you must hang with a different crowd than I do.

Old 07-25-2020, 09:45 AM

37,730 posts, read 40,772,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coney View Post
I don't see anyone of any age watching those shows in my circles. They do like HBO stuff like Chernobyl, GOT, Perry Mason. FWIW, I don't have HBO, but that's what most people talk about in my experience, as well as Homeland.
HBO creates shows for the people who vote for awards - Hollywood. Why Hollywood? Since they have no advertising the only way HBO makes money is by getting new subscribers. The way they get new subscribers is by touting their award winning shows. You may notice they don't brag about movies (probably because people can see them in various ways other than HBO).

Not everyone likes the same shows that people in showbiz like who vote for TV awards. Those people don't watch HBO.

Homeland is over (Showtime).

Old 07-25-2020, 09:50 AM

37,730 posts, read 40,772,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coney View Post
Today on ESPN, I saw part of a fishing contest. They are really reaching to find new content. Can you imagine watching a bunch of guys standing around holding fishing rods while the commentators tried to make up something to say.
Not as bad as golf as a spectator sport and where the announcers whisper while you are already falling asleep at home while watching it.

Old 07-25-2020, 09:51 AM

8,215 posts, read 8,531,914 times
Many people binge watch those shows after they have a few seasons out. I don't watch anything when it is on. I would rather watch about 5 episodes of the same show in one night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.