Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2021, 04:02 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,438,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post

... It is sad to see that the match makers don't have the information or put the information aside that people with so many issues first should work on themselves before getting married. That's not fair to either of them, IMO.

Haley and Jake are just a wrong match and I can't blame Haley. She even had sex with him and clearly she didn't feel anything and got more turned off. It looks like meeting someone back in the days and I thought oh wow, and the longer and more I saw the person the less I liked what I saw.

Maybe on paper they were a match but clearly there is too much that she doesn't like. I can't blame either one of them for that feeling.
I totally agree with you about the experts being remiss in not helping these people work on themselves and their issues. This was what I said about Haley and Jake before even the first episode aired:
Haley & Jacob
She's also a homeowner. He's 38 and ready to have kids; she has trust issues. I smell disaster.
I sure called that one, didn't I?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2021, 01:35 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,438,931 times
I would love to see them dedicate an entire episode to Pastor Cal's session with Mr. Narcissist. I loved how he called out that low life every single time he said some other stupid thing.

I'm still dumbfounded how his extreme narcissism could have escaped all of them during the vetting process.

I can't stand any of the men this season except for Vincent.

Old 04-08-2021, 07:54 AM

4,725 posts, read 4,419,194 times
I thought they were almost giving a glimmer of hope for Haley and Jacob last night. I did not watch all the earlier episodes, but I am finding Jacob much more sympathetic than Haley- and I think he is a good catch.
I am more confused with Ryan and Clara- both nice people for sure but .....

Old 04-08-2021, 01:30 PM

5,589 posts, read 8,403,838 times
How can Clara rate her marriage a 10?? She is clearly upset and feeling rejected by the lack of REAL sex. And Ryan, of course, acts like everything is just super duper great. He just blathers a bunch of nonsense that he thinks sounds good. Last night he said something like "active listening" or some such crap.

Jacob looks great with a beard. Someone on Twitter said if he had started with a beard, we wouldn't be where we are now LOL.

How did you like Brianna's version of compromise when Vincent said he wanted to sleep late: "Well, you could go to bed earlier", or "You could stop looking at your phone when you get in bed", etc. Just because SHE thinks it's the most productive time of the day? Why does he also have to get up?? The man seems to have a job, so let him sleep! I think her wedding party calling her "bossy" was spot-on.

We all know why Virginia doesn't want to get pregnant. And come to think of it, she still wants to act like a single person so I'm not even sure why she's in this thing.

And I'm not even going to waste my time talking about that a-hole and what he said to Pastor Cal.

Old 04-08-2021, 02:38 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,743,916 times
The couples are a hot mess.

Haley and Jacob are such a miss match. Jacob seems like a nice guy, but something is off with him. He’s very jealous and accusatory. I really don’t blame Haley for shutting down.

Brianna and Vincent I like, but that woman needs to learn to compromise or they are not going to make it.

Ryan and Clara I just don’t get. Why did she say her marriage is perfect?? he is off with him too. I wonder if he is in the closet.

Erik and Virginia- he wants so badly to be in love it’s sad. She is not ready for marriage at all. He doesn’t know how to allow a woman to be independent....

Paige and Chris: how Chris fooled the experts is crazy. He is a horrible person.

Old 04-09-2021, 04:36 PM

11,780 posts, read 5,792,331 times
Watching Married at First Sight Australia - 10 times better than the US version.

Old 04-11-2021, 06:56 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Watching Married at First Sight Australia - 10 times better than the US version.
When I was reading the posts I thought the same thing. I’m enjoying the Australian version ten times better. The coupes are also a mess but that’s a hot mess and compared to the US version the Australian version is more interesting with the stay or leave and dinners.

I also wondered how the experts didn’t see so many things as from day one of introduction I had more than one. Character judged correctly.

Old 04-15-2021, 06:26 AM

4,725 posts, read 4,419,194 times
Maybe I should try Australia again. I remember having a real problem hearing and understanding them ( without subtitles). I am not the biggest fan of the show in general bu this season for some reason I was able to watch most of the episodes and sought them out. I did miss last night so I wonder if anything more was revealed especially with Haley and Jacob. Last week it looked like ( at least per editing) there was hope renewed.

Old 04-15-2021, 07:02 AM

7,367 posts, read 5,481,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post
Maybe I should try Australia again. I remember having a real problem hearing and understanding them ( without subtitles). I am not the biggest fan of the show in general bu this season for some reason I was able to watch most of the episodes and sought them out. I did miss last night so I wonder if anything more was revealed especially with Haley and Jacob. Last week it looked like ( at least per editing) there was hope renewed.
Nope. Things are worse with Haley and Jacob. Production must have forced them to go to a batting cage where she won more points than him. And to mini golf where he beat her and she was kind of a sore loser. He revealed that she never wears the bracelet he bought her as a wedding gift and she said he never wears the hat she bought him as a wedding gift.
Haley later found the hat on her dresser which he returned to her. She called her mom and asked her to mail the bracelet so she could return it to him ( she had sent the bracelet home to Alabama after the wedding with her mother for some reason).
These two should just stop with this farce, they don’t like each other at all.

Old 04-15-2021, 11:11 AM

11,780 posts, read 5,792,331 times
I actually think Jake would like her if she didn't act like a diva. The looks she throws his way when he says anything says it all. I know a few socially awkward people but once they get comfortable with you they aren't as awkward.

Can't wait for Australia tonight - this group is boring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV