Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2021, 01:05 PM

831 posts, read 334,865 times

Advertisements

I have youtube tv live right now, but considering switching to fubo. I know I don't care for sling. Tired of paying for direct tv at 150$ a month and I only watch like 15-20 channels. I watch a lot of college football and certain shows like the Chicago series (fire,pd and med), good doctor, yellowstone, first 48, masterchef,hells kitchen etc so mostly local channels there....what's everyone's opinion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2021, 05:12 PM

16,439 posts, read 12,597,426 times
Go back a page to the thread list. Click on "Search This Forum" over on the right side. Click "Advanced Search"

Under Keyword(s), type "streaming" then drop down the box just below that field and select "Search Titles Only." Then click "Search Now" at the bottom.

Some of the threads won't be relevant to your question, but many will. Happy reading!

Old 09-03-2021, 09:59 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,991,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EducatedRedneck View Post
I have youtube tv live right now, but considering switching to fubo. I know I don't care for sling. Tired of paying for direct tv at 150$ a month and I only watch like 15-20 channels. I watch a lot of college football and certain shows like the Chicago series (fire,pd and med), good doctor, yellowstone, first 48, masterchef,hells kitchen etc so mostly local channels there....what's everyone's opinion?

We have DirecTV and soon to be rid of it. The monthly fee is out of sight now and since AT&T bought them the tech support is terrible. We have been looking around and thought about trying YouTube TV. Why are you considering switching?

Old 09-04-2021, 06:33 AM

11,394 posts, read 16,783,251 times
This site will help you decide. First by selecting your market (too left) and then the channels you would like.

https://www.suppose.tv/tv?m=1&f=1l1l...l1&r=SylwwkZGK

Old 09-04-2021, 11:06 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,337,489 times
Interested in getting more idea's as well. Not a fan of Sling, but my husband raves about "what a great deal it is", $35 a month, versus the terrible high price of DirecTV after idiots AT&T bought it and wrecked it. So, I do not watch a lot of TV anymore, prefer reading. And when I try to get certain channels to come up in Sling, I have to click it 20-30 times, and sometimes that works. Or close the app out, bring it back, click it a lot, close it out, repeat all the steps. Then throw the TV in the trash. (not really, but it sure makes me want to) It pixelates a LOT! Especially while watching AMC. I guess a lot of the smaller streaming startups are like this. Too bad the big guys have to gouge everyone with their pricing, and most of what they offer is nothing that I want to watch! Waste of money.

Old 09-04-2021, 12:05 PM

19,751 posts, read 10,193,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
We have DirecTV and soon to be rid of it. The monthly fee is out of sight now and since AT&T bought them the tech support is terrible. We have been looking around and thought about trying YouTube TV. Why are you considering switching?
Not surprised that A t & T ruined it. For several years the only internet here was theirs. If it went out, it was usually a week before they got around to fixing it.

Old 09-04-2021, 08:32 PM

12,804 posts, read 15,082,426 times
I thought I'd have to start streaming for my main source of TV-watching a couple of mos ago, but still don't need to yet. So far, I still have cable, but I've had a Roku stick. The only streaming services I've had was:

Peacock - It's never had any tech glitches so far for me, but then, I don't watch it hardly
Curiosity Stream - All kinds of educational shows.
HBO Max - Had it for the 6 mos that I got it for the promo price of $69.99 & literally only watched 1 movie right before I canceled it. I would have liked to see more & I had a lot that I added to my watch list, but didn't have time to really watch.

After I did some homework 2 mos ago, I think I'll start off trying Hulu & Philo unless something better comes along, so that's a fabulous $31 which has been unheard of for TV for me for decades! . I know, I'm sure I'll hate the 6-min commercials w/ Philo that you can't fast forward as people were saying, but they offer a good variety of channels I personally like for that $25/mo so I hope I can get used to the commercials. Then, I'll probably add 1 or 2 more (Netflix & something to see movies...don't know about HBO Max though).

For the local channels (2, 4, 5, 7, & 11), because I watch shows on all of those too, I'll see what I can get for free & then probably try Locast. I don't want to get an antennae, but I guess I will if I really have to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EducatedRedneck View Post

I literally just found out yesterday there's a DirecTV STREAM service. Will you ever try that? (I never have.)

https://www.directv.com/stream/

Old 09-14-2021, 08:55 PM

2,507 posts, read 3,262,984 times
We have a new Amazon Firestick. It works perfectly; never a problem.
We are keeping DirecTV for now.

Old 09-14-2021, 09:01 PM

5,819 posts, read 7,262,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaboy View Post
We have a new Amazon Firestick. It works perfectly; never a problem.
We are keeping DirecTV for now.
I use Roku, but also keep DirecTV. Best of both worlds!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV