Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2021, 06:58 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,964,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I posted earlier about maybe getting rid of Discovery+ unless I can watch it on a channel on TV. Today, a notice on xfinity said there would be one, and they would notify us when that happened. I presume other cable companies will do the same.
Interesting! Keep us posted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2021, 07:05 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,561,054 times
Quote:
I posted earlier about maybe getting rid of Discovery+ unless I can watch it on a channel on TV. Today, a notice on xfinity said there would be one, and they would notify us when that happened. I presume other cable companies will do the same.

Interesting. Where on Comcast did you see it? I didn't catch it.

Old 03-21-2021, 07:21 AM

50,371 posts, read 63,977,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Interesting. Where on Comcast did you see it? I didn't catch it.
I asked for Discovery+ on voice command, and the notice popped up. All you get now are previews of upcoming shows.

Old 03-21-2021, 07:50 AM

Quote:
I asked for Discovery+ on voice command, and the notice popped up. All you get now are previews of upcoming shows.

Thanks. I've never used the voice. My grandson always uses it

Old 03-21-2021, 02:41 PM

9,880 posts, read 7,209,711 times
And it won't be a channel but like other streaming services available on Xfinity, it will be sideloaded. You'll have to access it via voice remote and it will appear as an app, just like they do for Netflix and Peacock. You'll still have to pay extra for it.

The goal is to make it easier for you to view Discovery+ via the Xfinity platform to keep you from cutting the cord. And you'll have to be an Flex or X1 customer.

Old 03-23-2021, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
And it won't be a channel but like other streaming services available on Xfinity, it will be sideloaded. You'll have to access it via voice remote and it will appear as an app, just like they do for Netflix and Peacock. You'll still have to pay extra for it.

The goal is to make it easier for you to view Discovery+ via the Xfinity platform to keep you from cutting the cord. And you'll have to be an Flex or X1 customer.

That works for me because I don't want to watch TV on my cell.

Old 03-23-2021, 06:26 AM

9,880 posts, read 7,209,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
That works for me because I don't want to watch TV on my cell.
My point was that some folks might think it'll be as easy as entering channel "555" for Discovery+. It won't and if one isn't tech savvy, it might be a chore.

I can add it today to my Roku TV as an app and no phone/tablet/computer required.

Old 03-23-2021, 07:54 AM

118 posts, read 87,369 times
Now I am very glad we did not get Discovery+. It would have been another waste of money.

Old 04-16-2021, 04:26 AM

Has anyone with Discovery+ watched the expedition: back to the future? The limited series will honor the film and support The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research (MJFF) by uniting familiar faces, including Michael J. Fox and actor Christopher Lloyd.

I see they did find a car to have custom built into a time machine to auction off. Starting bid was $150k, it was expected to net at least $500k. I found the auction but just missed it, it closed yesterday! There's no info on how much it ended up going to and if it met or passed the original $500k they thought it would bring.

Discovery+ Goes on a Timeless Journey Through “Expedition: Back to the Future” to Support MJFF

Quote:
Avid explorer and host of Discovery Channel’s hit-series Expedition Unknown Josh Gates brings audience members through an epic journey going 88 miles per hour to find all the DeLorean cars used in the film franchise. Watch the series. Then, you can bid on exclusive, one-of-a-kind items (including a custom DeLorean Time Machine) through Charity Buzz to benefit the Foundation and its work to speed a future without Parkinson’s disease.

Great Josh! The OG Doc Brown and Expedition Unknown Search for THE DeLorean

Quote:
But now, where he is going, he won't need roads! Josh will team up with the man behind Doc Brown, Christopher Lloyd, on the adventure of a lifetime. The duo will journey across the country in search of the iconic car from BACK TO THE FUTURE–The DeLorean Time Machine. If they find it, they hope to donate it to The Michael J. Fox Foundation.
Custom Built DeLorean Time Machine Based on Back to the Future - Experience expires on Apr 15, 2022. - This lot is now closed

Old 04-16-2021, 07:18 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,964,704 times
UPDATE: So I finally pulled the plug on cable and am SO GLAD I did; should have done it much sooner! I'm actually enjoying my basic cable stations (it had been years since I watched our local public television station, and I also love the oldies on the retro channels; plus I still have 100% saved to my DVR to watch and countless DVDs and VHS tapes with old classic movies in the hopper to get around to one day), and so far I've been able to find my trashy TLC reality TV shows uploaded to You Tube.

No need for Discovery+, but thanks for all the info!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV