Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2021, 06:32 AM

23,913 posts, read 33,736,209 times

Advertisements

I've looked online over the last few years to see if I could find the glove being tried on in court by someone other then OJ, that someone is my brother who was adopted out. He said he worked for Court TV at the time, was asked to try it on but I can't find a record of it anywhere. Does anyone know?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2021, 08:36 AM

2,568 posts, read 2,538,001 times
Robert Shapiro certainly did.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...gloves-n576046

Old 01-31-2021, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBNCHI View Post
Thanks so much Bob, I wish I could confirm what my brother said. Unfortunately brain cancer took him a few years ago.

Old 02-02-2021, 06:30 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,681,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Thanks so much Bob, I wish I could confirm what my brother said. Unfortunately brain cancer took him a few years ago.
Yes the defense knew before having OJ try it on that the glove had shrunk...Chris Darden was a complete moron...he should have fought tooth and nail not to allow it for the exact reason that a wet leather glove shrinks...the prosecution was outclassed by the defense team...and the jury was already predisposed for a not guilty verdict.

Old 02-03-2021, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Yes the defense knew before having OJ try it on that the glove had shrunk...Chris Darden was a complete moron...he should have fought tooth and nail not to allow it for the exact reason that a wet leather glove shrinks...the prosecution was outclassed by the defense team...and the jury was already predisposed for a not guilty verdict.

Yeah, everyone knows that leather shrinks when wet. They should have bought a new pair of those gloves for him to try on.

I see Websleuths has a thread for OJ so I asked there too.

Last edited by Roselvr; 02-03-2021 at 08:37 AM..

Old 02-03-2021, 09:07 AM

11,763 posts, read 14,702,041 times
To be honest, I didn't remember that Shapiro had tried it on. It seems like a real problem to let the defense handle the evidence in that way. What I do remember, though, is when I saw the video of that idiotic episode on television it appeared to me that Simpson was intentionally spreading his hand out to make it impossible to get on.

If the defense had wanted him to make a demonstration they should have been required to call him as a witness.

https://youtu.be/qVZD-HsFLGI

Old 02-04-2021, 10:10 AM

7,126 posts, read 8,681,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
To be honest, I didn't remember that Shapiro had tried it on. It seems like a real problem to let the defense handle the evidence in that way. What I do remember, though, is when I saw the video of that idiotic episode on television it appeared to me that Simpson was intentionally spreading his hand out to make it impossible to get on.

If the defense had wanted him to make a demonstration they should have been required to call him as a witness.

https://youtu.be/qVZD-HsFLGI
Exactly which they never would have done!!! The prosecution allowed OJ to testify in the best light for OJ...soooo dumb...

Old 02-04-2021, 10:30 AM

14,994 posts, read 23,965,709 times
It was a stupid move, incredibly stupid, by the prosecution. The glove may have shrunk from the blood, also OJ wasn't taking his arthritis medicine and his hands were swelling.
But the truth is the glove did fit - how could you tell really? OJ was spreading his fingers, giving his confused act, and doing everything possible to pretend it didn't fit. He could have had a custom fit glove designed that very morning and OJ could still have made an effective act over it to make it appear it didn't fit. What they simply should have done is read off the glove size, measure his hand size, and testify it fit his hand. Actually they did as I remember, a designer testified it fit his hand size, she was very convincing - they cross examined her and said it may not fit, she was steadfast "yes it does". But it was all lost when they gave it to OJ.

Old 02-04-2021, 05:06 PM

17,703 posts, read 15,441,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post

And they took OJ off his arthritis meds for a week prior or something so that his joints would swell up.

Listen.. I don't think anyone believes that OJ is innocent.. But.. kudos to the defense team for doing their job and providing the best defense they could. I don't fault them. I don't LIKE some of the things, like the above.. But..

Old 02-04-2021, 06:52 PM

9,530 posts, read 5,330,605 times
I lived through the OJ fiasco in Los Angeles.
OJ did it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV