Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2021, 02:33 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slater View Post
This one has potential and I'll keep watching it after the pilot episode peaked my interest. Unfortunately, it has the feel of a show that won't get renewed for a second season - like so many sci-fi shows on network TV.
I’ve loved the first two episodes. The music, particularly the opening theme, is excellent as is the cast.
The special effects are genuinely creepy and I want to know what happens next.

It makes me miss “Invasion” all over again.

I expect it to be pulled any second.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2021, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC refugee View Post
My favorite cancelled sci fi show was Awake. It didn't last long enough to go too far downhill, but was actually interesting.

Debris was going in too many different directions at once and had no logic to it.
Loved “Awake.” Great concept, great (lead) actor.

Old 03-14-2021, 06:28 PM

15,821 posts, read 6,527,022 times
It fits the increasingly dreary fantasy plotline of "random shyte happens". But I'll keep watching because there's not much else of interest beyond Resident Alien and The Watch.

Old 03-16-2021, 12:56 PM

608 posts, read 515,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by educator1953 View Post
Well, I liked "Debris" even though I just kept thinking about Boon on "Justified" and how his penchant for head shots led to his death by Raylan.

"Justified" fans will get the meaning.
I thought that the character Boon in Justified was just about the most over acted, and over the top character I have ever seen. Justified is one of my all time favorite shows, but I couldn't stand that character then and I guess I'm prejudiced now, but I gave up on the show quickly. Nothing personal but he comes off as a bad actor to me.

Old 03-20-2021, 08:31 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
The 3rd episode with the trapped people
Spoiler
from many different times
was the best so far...so there's hope!

Old 03-20-2021, 09:29 PM

28,661 posts, read 18,764,698 times
I watched the third episode, and will continue to watch for now.

Unlike Fringe, they seem to be putting a lot of plotting into stuff various factions are doing around the debris plotline instead of into the debris plotline itself. I'm not sure that's going to work well.

Also, they keep doing this bit of having one of the two main characters make a guess early in the episode "what it's all about, and what's going on" rather than leaving it a mystery that unfolds. Then they operate on that guess, and the guess is always right.

That worked in Fringe because it was always the "mad scientist" Walter who made the guesses, and the weird occurrences were always the disastrous results of his past fringe science experiments, or in some way connected to them...so it was natural for him to have insights into them.

But these guys are just regular folk who pull wild guesses out of their fannies, and their guesses are always on the nose.

Old 03-22-2021, 12:14 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Also, they keep doing this bit of having one of the two main characters make a guess early in the episode "what it's all about, and what's going on"...
Great comparisons with Fringe.
And I noticed the above, also.

Old 03-22-2021, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
The 3rd episode with the trapped people
Spoiler
from many different times
was the best so far...so there's hope!
Loved this episode.

I realized while watching this week, that there is something very British about the pacing of this show, which is probably why I like it so much.

Old 03-22-2021, 09:05 PM

9,523 posts, read 16,503,270 times
So what are we on now Episode 4. The people trapped in the Greenhouse. I have a hard time liking the show, but I like the subject matter. I will watch the remaining episodes. I can't see the show going another season, but I said that with Manifest. It returns Apr 1. So who knows with shows in this day and age.

Old 03-24-2021, 08:39 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
Sci-fi is my favorite genre. I loved Fringe, Under the Dome, The 100, etc. I was disappointed when Emergence was cancelled. I think Manifest is full of bad acting but I really want to know what happens so I'll watch the second season. Debris is an intolerable train wreck. The acting is terrible, there are too many unconnected plots and subplots, and it has no suspense because it's so unintelligible. I reluctantly watched the third episode tonight and told my wife this was it; I was done with the show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV