Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2021, 10:47 AM

4,344 posts, read 4,721,445 times

Advertisements

They have now set the top 24. Some less than stellar choices, IMO, but also some really talented singers. We'll see how they stand up to the pressure.

Divided by male/female. No way are half of those listed better than Murphy. He got screwed big time.

Beane
Chayce Beckham
Graham DeFranco
Deshawn Goncalves
Colin Jamieson
Caleb Kennedy
Hunter Metts
Wyatt Pike
Cecil Ray
Willie Spence
Jason Warrior

Alana
Ava August
Casey Bishop
Cassandra Coleman
Hannah Everhart
Grace Kinstler
Liahona
Anilee List
Alanis Sophia
Andrea Valles
Madison Watkins
Alyssa Wray
Mary Jo Young
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2021, 08:23 PM

19,721 posts, read 10,124,301 times
I agree, Murphy should have made the cut. But there is a lot of talent this year.

Old 03-30-2021, 08:36 PM

4,490 posts, read 4,983,147 times
They made 2 wrong choices for the 24.
Just my opinion.

Old 03-31-2021, 02:44 AM

869 posts, read 1,125,015 times
I was rooting for Murphy all along , I dont have a 2nd choice.

Willie Spence and Grace Kinstler clearly have the pipes but are both boring to my ears

Madison Watkins is more engaging, she has the looks and voice but may look too old to attract the votes

Based solely on their very last performance I guess Beane would be my pick

Old 03-31-2021, 03:32 AM

4,344 posts, read 4,721,445 times
At least Murphy got a job offer out of it.

Http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...o=taboola_feed

Josh Gad reaches out to eliminated American Idol singer Murphy and asks him to write a song for his animated series Central Park

Old 03-31-2021, 05:55 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,033,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cal View Post
At least Murphy got a job offer out of it.

Http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...o=taboola_feed

Josh Gad reaches out to eliminated American Idol singer Murphy and asks him to write a song for his animated series Central Park
That’s terrific to hear! Glad he at least got exposure on AI and hopefully great things will happen for him.

I love Willie but my #1 is Alyssa Ray.

Old 03-31-2021, 09:19 PM

9,860 posts, read 7,732,644 times
The talent is incredible this year. I would've liked to hear more from a few of those who didn't make the top 24.

I can't even pick favorites yet, I like so many of them.

Old 04-01-2021, 02:18 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,439,670 times
I'm enjoying this season a lot. There's some really incredible talent. I made a list of the Top 24 and made some notes as I was watching. I put smiley faces after the ones I'd like to see in the Top 10.

1 Alyssa Wray
2 Jason Warrior (This performance gave me chills.)
3 Andrea Valles
4 Chayse Beckham - Maybe?
5 Caleb Kennedy
6 Wyatt Pike
7 Cassandra Coleman
8 Beane (I love this kid. AI sure has come a long way from the Clay Aiken and Adam Lambert days when they had to hide their flare.)
9 Hannah Everhart - Maybe?
10 Graham DeFranco - Maybe?
11 Alanis Sophia (She's a fabulous Alanis Morissette impersonator, but who is she as an artist? At least Murphy knows who he is.)
12 Casey Bishop (She's totally forgettable.)
13 Willie Spence
14 Mary Jo Young (Another forgettable one)
15 Hunter Metts
16 Grace Kinstler
17 Deshawn Goncalves
18 Colin Jamieson
19 Ava August (She's so young, but she knows exactly who she is as an artist. She reminds me of a young Taylor Swift.)
20 Liahona Olayan (Ridiculous. She's terrible. Althea Grace sings circles around her but got sent home.)
21 Madison Watkins
22 Alana Sherman (Amber Riley sang this way better as Mercedes on Glee.*)
23 Anilee List (White girls should not sing Black girl songs. She doesn't have the gravitas to pull that song off.)
24 Cecil Ray (He's a bar singer. Drake should have gone through. He's so much better. )

These two would have been on my Top 10 list, but the producers probably shot them down, because I can't imagine these judges cutting them in favor of a few of the others.

Murphy. I'm so angry that they didn't put him through. He would've been this year's Alejandro.

Althea Grace is another one I'd have placed in my Top 10. She at least has a personality and a style and isn't a generic white-girl-belter-outer.

*Funny story. My husband worked on the Paramount lot for 10 years,. He saw a lot of stars in that time, and he'd come home with stories now and then. This particular day, he came home and declared "OK, I am officially old."

So of course I asked why.

"It was overcast and chilly all day. As I walked across the lot to grab lunch, I saw the cheerleaders from Glee filming or rehearsing this car wash scene. All the girls were dressed in skimpy costumes with their midriffs exposed while spraying water all over each other, and my first thought was, 'Oh, those poor girls. They're going to catch their death of cold!'"

:: feels his forehead to check his temperature ::

Last edited by Jill61; 04-01-2021 at 02:48 AM..

Old 04-01-2021, 10:20 AM

30,636 posts, read 18,227,675 times
I really did not know that American Idol was a thing still. Will have to check it out as I enjoyed it from the earlier days!

Old 04-01-2021, 10:23 AM

6,904 posts, read 7,605,159 times
OK, I have my list down to just 3 favorites:

Willie Spence (doubt if anyone could beat that beautiful voice, but worried about his health)

Grace Kinstler (doesn't she remind you a little of Wynona Judd without the fake dyed red hair?)

Ava August (ok, she's a lot like Taylor Swift, but I think her voice has a lot more depth. She just needs to carve out her own niche. Can't believe she's so young!)

I usually stop watching after Hollywood Week, but I'll be keeping my eye on these 3!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV