Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2021, 08:45 PM

5,331 posts, read 8,538,811 times

Advertisements

I confess to having over 100 episodes saved to my DVR. I like to watch one as my last show before bed. Pole Lox is a great one, also the one where Carrie gets her hair cut and looks like a boy, the one where the neighbors build an above ground swimming pool, the one where they get twin beds after Doug breaks the bed frame, and the one where Carrie loses her eyesight after cheap laser surgery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2021, 09:49 PM

33,313 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellamax2 View Post
Great posts everyone !

For the King of Queen fans, which episodes are your favorites?

I really like: Inn Escapable, Pole Lox, the episode where Doug & Carrie go on the cruise with Deacon & Kelly.

There's so many funny episodes, even some that are just ok are still better than anything else on tv.
One of them was Deconstructing Carrie (Re her 35th birthday, Carrie is concerned about getting older, and mentions that construction workers are no longer catcalling her....so Doug pays some construction workers to catcall her). I thought it was a sweet thought.

Old 05-01-2021, 04:38 AM

4,268 posts, read 8,168,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
I confess to having over 100 episodes saved to my DVR. I like to watch one as my last show before bed. Pole Lox is a great one, also the one where Carrie gets her hair cut and looks like a boy, the one where the neighbors build an above ground swimming pool, the one where they get twin beds after Doug breaks the bed frame, and the one where Carrie loses her eyesight after cheap laser surgery.
The pool one is funny. I like the one where he won all that money and they rented the Ferrari and had Eddie Money playing in their living room.

I will still watch it when I see it on, when I was working from home during the pandemic I probably watched every episode as they had them on all day on one of the channels on Sling. I feel the show holds up pretty well

Old 05-01-2021, 05:23 AM

6,412 posts, read 3,128,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA2UK View Post
....So? The lead women in both are portrayed as bossy and mean most of the time. I'm not offended by that as a woman, I can laugh at it. All characters in comedies are massively flawed, it's what makes them funny. You're not supposed to take it that seriously.
Well, that's my opinion, and thank God that in America, at least for a little while longer, we're free to have differing opinions. Have a nice day..............

Old 05-01-2021, 06:01 AM

2,954 posts, read 1,410,761 times
King of Queens! Wish they'd get rid of the super annoying laugh track though.

Old 05-01-2021, 07:58 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,122,405 times
The Middle. lol.

Actually, Raymond.

Old 05-01-2021, 08:43 AM

8,876 posts, read 13,907,158 times
I'll be the lone dissenter. Jerry Stiller RUINS every show he's in. His over the top characters are just a PITA to watch. I watch KOQ until his character appears, then it's time to channel surf. Same thing when watching Seinfeld.

Now to me, Peter Boyle NAILED the father figure on Everybody Loves Raymond. Even with his TV wife being a little much, this show had a more realistic and entertaining feel to it.

Old 05-01-2021, 10:04 AM

8,609 posts, read 5,613,818 times
The King of Queens, BY FAR. The writing was very good and the characterizations were great. Leah Remini as the requisite eye candy was an extra added bonus. Remini and James had serious comedy chemistry, on par with Jerry Seinfeld and Julia-Louis Dreyfus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
Now to me, Peter Boyle NAILED the father figure on Everybody Loves Raymond.
Peter Boyle was an amazing actor. He and Doris Roberts were the two good things about that show.

Quote:
Even with his TV wife being a little much, this show had a more realistic and entertaining feel to it.
Not every sitcom has to be Family Ties. I don't go to sitcoms for realism, but when it's done well, that's just fine.

Old 05-01-2021, 11:16 AM

10,207 posts, read 17,859,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot4 View Post
Well, that's my opinion, and thank God that in America, at least for a little while longer, we're free to have differing opinions. Have a nice day..............
Yep, and I'm free to think that your opinions say a lot more about you than they do about the shows.

Old 05-01-2021, 11:19 AM

10,207 posts, read 17,859,740 times
Quote:
I'll be the lone dissenter. Jerry Stiller RUINS every show he's in. His over the top characters are just a PITA to watch. I watch KOQ until his character appears, then it's time to channel surf. Same thing when watching Seinfeld.
You're not alone, I essentially said the same thing. I won't turn it off as soon as he appears, but I definitely find him annoying and wish he wasn't in it. Why does he have to shout every line he has?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV