Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2022, 07:26 PM

186 posts, read 94,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Pairing anyone with Olajuwon is malpractice.

I cannot get over that one chick showing up to her wedding already drunk.

The girl with 10 wedding dresses is insane.

And one woman walks out on her brand-new husband at the reception next week?! That was fast.

I used to watch this show hoping to see good people really trying to make marriage work and staying together at the end, with a few exceptions. Now it's just a joke of a train wreck and I tune in to see what crazy ish they're all gonna do.
Cheers! Same here. lol....it's not even comical....it's borderline sociopathic at this point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2022, 05:23 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Pairing anyone with Olajuwon is malpractice.

I cannot get over that one chick showing up to her wedding already drunk.

The girl with 10 wedding dresses is insane.

And one woman walks out on her brand-new husband at the reception next week?! That was fast.

I used to watch this show hoping to see good people really trying to make marriage work and staying together at the end, with a few exceptions. Now it's just a joke of a train wreck and I tune in to see what crazy ish they're all gonna do.
You may be right. I have doubts too about the guy who showed how low he can go during the bachelor party. If that was my future husband or behavior of future wife then I would be appalled.

Some may say that they are single when they have the bachelor party but it shows who they are. I like more classy people.

Maybe the Australian version will have better candidates. The Australian show is more fun to watch.

I know the experts have more information about each candidate than we have so I wonder if the editing is showing us the miss matching more than the information the experts have as otherwise these experts are not very good.

Old 01-20-2022, 09:23 AM

4,725 posts, read 4,420,706 times
Very good point that the show used to be about watching a couple try to make it work. I haven't watched most of the seasons but I do watch a few episodes from each season. I think the experts now are expert in finding what might be interesting and drama laden in terms of matches. They are not seeking out compatible couples though that's for sure.
Because a male and a female lost a mother or have 2 brothers does not make a match.
I think while it's not fun to watch someone like Alyssa, she was at least more real. When they said to squeeze up against him and she said that she doesn't do that, I know it seemed harsh but then again she said it respectfully and explained that's not who she is. Even when they did the bachelorette party and she didn't do the shots, it can be taken as thinking she is superior or snobby but I think she was just more real and reserved. Too bad that doesn't come across nicely on the screen, and her intended, Chris really does seem like a very nice guy.

Old 01-20-2022, 11:02 AM

10,306 posts, read 6,842,111 times
That's one nice thing about MAFS. There's so much "repeating" going on, that you can miss 4 or 5 episodes, and still only miss 10% of the show. I saw EP.2, and don't need to revisit until #6 or so. Not like it really matters, anyway.

Old 01-20-2022, 12:59 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,439,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
You may be right. I have doubts too about the guy who showed how low he can go during the bachelor party. If that was my future husband or behavior of future wife then I would be appalled.

Some may say that they are single when they have the bachelor party but it shows who they are. I like more classy people.

Maybe the Australian version will have better candidates. The Australian show is more fun to watch.

I know the experts have more information about each candidate than we have so I wonder if the editing is showing us the miss matching more than the information the experts have as otherwise these experts are not very good.
Actually, it's looking like I may be wrong. Based on the previews of what's to come this season, it's Olajuwon who's committed and his wife who has to be reminded that she's somebody's wife now, not some internet ho bag.

Once the experts went from hands off to more involvement in the process, I thought they'd teach these people effective, nonviolent communication skills. But no, it's television, so they still let stressed people blow up inappropriately at each other for ratings. This show sucks.

Old 01-20-2022, 02:51 PM

3,661 posts, read 2,947,010 times
I think guys were just scared to hit Alyssa before she did the show. I can't take my eyes off her even when she does not have makeup on.

Old 01-20-2022, 03:02 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:

Any idea when a new Australian season will be available? All I can find are old ones.

Old 01-20-2022, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Any idea when a new Australian season will be available? All I can find are old ones.
I know they show up on demand on Direct Stream. But most shows if you use a search engine you find how to watch them..

I didn't think it was rude not to lean into a man you just got to know and you are not attracted to at that point.

Others said the same thing, when they mentioned they like nice teeth. The guy she is matched with has such a crooked teeth which if he is a successful realtor and like to have a good smile, he easily could have done something about. For me that was also a turn off. On top of his friends telling her how he feels he has to lecture other people and how he is looking down on others, wasn't helpful.

Clearly his own friends threw him under the bus and made an already not happy bride, more unhappy and insecure.

Remember season 1 when the couple (I forgot their names...she hosted the after show for years) was so appalled with his appearance and now they have two beautiful kids. It took her weeks to be touched by her husband but the husband, although not the most handsome guy, has such a great character and he has charisma, so his not so handsome appearance was overshadowed by his kindness and being so nice. That won her over.

We will see who will make it as sometimes things are broadcast and edited so we keep watching and are thrown off.

Old 01-20-2022, 03:53 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
I know they show up on demand on Direct Stream. But most shows if you use a search engine you find how to watch them..

I didn't think it was rude not to lean into a man you just got to know and you are not attracted to at that point.

Others said the same thing, when they mentioned they like nice teeth. The guy she is matched with has such a crooked teeth which if he is a successful realtor and like to have a good smile, he easily could have done something about. For me that was also a turn off. On top of his friends telling her how he feels he has to lecture other people and how he is looking down on others, wasn't helpful.

Clearly his own friends threw him under the bus and made an already not happy bride, more unhappy and insecure.

Remember season 1 when the couple (I forgot their names...she hosted the after show for years) was so appalled with his appearance and now they have two beautiful kids. It took her weeks to be touched by her husband but the husband, although not the most handsome guy, has such a great character and he has charisma, so his not so handsome appearance was overshadowed by his kindness and being so nice. That won her over.

We will see who will make it as sometimes things are broadcast and edited so we keep watching and are thrown off.
That was Jamie and her husband right? She ended up being a moderator on a lot of the MAFS talk shows. We don't have Direct TV anymore and when I go to Lifetime I can't find newer episodes there but I don't pay for unlimited access to lifetime either. If you run across one holler, ok?

Old 01-26-2022, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
That was Jamie and her husband right? She ended up being a moderator on a lot of the MAFS talk shows. We don't have Direct TV anymore and when I go to Lifetime I can't find newer episodes there but I don't pay for unlimited access to lifetime either. If you run across one holler, ok?
I just quit Direct TV and joined Sling, so I have to wait and see if the new shows come up or not. I just went to Apps and lifetime has their own App so it should be easy to watch.

You are correct, I meant Jamie and her husband.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV