Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2020, 08:50 AM

6,430 posts, read 4,922,941 times

Advertisements

I finally got around to watching Season 3. The high point was Vincent D'Onofrio as Kingpin aka Wilson Fisk. He is one of the finest actors ever on modern TV and was incredible on Law and Order Criminal Intent. He was brilliant on the Subway episode of Homicide Life on the Street with the equally incredible Andre Braugher. He also has an extensive movie career as Actor, Director and Producer. The rest of the cast was average, nothing special except Wilson Bethel as "Dex aka Bullseye. The first season was the best IMHO and the 3rd was torture except for D'Onofrio. The fight scenes were ridiculous with Daredevil dispatching dozens of machine gun toting baddies, there was no suspense, you knew it was going to happen. I enjoyed seeing Bullseye beat him up a few times. The final episode was great with Daredevil saving Vanessa. If they do a 4th season on Disney+ I hope Fisk is back as well as some newer characters, they have done all they can with these.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2020, 10:05 AM

3,346 posts, read 2,202,889 times
Pretty sure Netflix has given up on all the superhero shows.

IMVHO, it's the overdue beginning of the exit from the genre. (No, Marvel, no one really wants to see movies about tertiary characters that have been shelved and rebooted several times since the golden age.)

Old 05-31-2020, 01:15 PM

7,246 posts, read 7,083,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therblig View Post
Pretty sure Netflix has given up on all the superhero shows.

IMVHO, it's the overdue beginning of the exit from the genre. (No, Marvel, no one really wants to see movies about tertiary characters that have been shelved and rebooted several times since the golden age.)
Netflix didn't give up, they no longer have the rights. And Daredevil was brilliant and I could have watched it another several seasons. Jessica Jones was good too - not as good - but good and I would have watched it, too.

Disney now has the rights and are not doing anything with it.

Old 05-31-2020, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kab0906 View Post
Netflix didn't give up, they no longer have the rights. And Daredevil was brilliant and I could have watched it another several seasons. Jessica Jones was good too - not as good - but good and I would have watched it, too.

None of which changes anything I said. I think the superhero run is almost over; I'd bet that fewer than half the movies Marvel has announced will be made.

Disney can afford to throw a property in cold storage for decades.

Old 05-31-2020, 01:58 PM

12,391 posts, read 8,161,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kab0906 View Post

Technically speaking they no longer have the rights because they gave up producing more episodes.

As for Disney even before the virus put the theme park cash cow into the hospital and future box office receipts in doubt there was only so much content Kevin Feige could control and have in production at any time. To crossover to a rabbit hole the thread about Space Force took Feige trying to get all live action screen content named Marvel, Ike Perlmutter's initial goal, is like the USAF which kept aircraft types just to keep the US Army and CIA from making them.

Old 05-31-2020, 09:25 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,500,936 times
Quote:
None of which changes anything I said. I think the superhero run is almost over; I'd bet that fewer than half the movies Marvel has announced will be made.

Disney can afford to throw a property in cold storage for decades.
Why would Disney give up on the superhero genre, when it’s been proven to be a successful cash cow? There’s been a ton of momentum building up over some of these projects that it’s hard to envision them not performing at the box office.

Old 06-01-2020, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
Why would Disney give up on the superhero genre, when it’s been proven to be a successful cash cow? There’s been a ton of momentum building up over some of these projects that it’s hard to envision them not performing at the box office.
And I'm sure the big-budget western movies of about 1960-62 were sure fire winners, too.

The fad is passing. The market has been saturated. They're down to dragging up characters no one much cared for back in their brief heyday.

Old 06-01-2020, 06:40 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,881,216 times
Quote:
And I'm sure the big-budget western movies of about 1960-62 were sure fire winners, too.

The fad is passing. The market has been saturated. They're down to dragging up characters no one much cared for back in their brief heyday.
Agree.....I kinda felt like Endgame kind of put a nice close on the genre. That was the height of the popularity. They will still drag out some more characters and movies/TV shows, but the popularity is fading. No genre lasts forever in popularity. Introducing all these new characters isn’t really exciting.

I was thinking Marvel should wait several years, and then setup another Avengers-style connected universe (several films) but do it with the revamped X-men instead.

Old 05-23-2022, 06:14 PM

7,246 posts, read 7,083,322 times
Disney has signed Charlie Cox to play Daredevil again!

I'm thrilled!

Old 05-24-2022, 07:44 AM

22,922 posts, read 28,289,197 times
Thrilled at casting Charlie Cox. But given the past few years, I'm confident Disney is going to ruin this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV