Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2023, 11:23 AM

72 posts, read 35,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCDave View Post
I wonder if Carson voted Helen to avoid a 2-2 tie. But that would mean he’d have to know Sarah had no vote. Or they suspected Carolyn would play the idol. We’ll have to see……
Carson voted off Helen because he thought she found the item that was in the cage, based on his "expert interrogation" abilities (she was crossing her arms). Yeah he's an idiot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2023, 01:46 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,425,556 times
So far, so good. Enjoying the new season. The woman that found the key to the cage is running with good luck. Even the gay, dark skinned guy said Carolyn couldn't possibly have the key "because her bag was empty". He said this right after she did find the key, lol.

Old 03-10-2023, 04:13 PM

11,769 posts, read 5,783,856 times
I'm really enjoying this season. I know some of the guys miss the eye candy but I'd rather see regular people - especially those outcast due to their geekiness play the game.

There was a comment about the big strong ones whimping out and whining first - but you have to remember Brandon Day 1 lugged those coconuts for 4 hrs with little nutrition. The temps are extreme and in the challenge - he was the muscle since the other guy hurt his shoulder and Brandon was shouldering much of the weight of that chest as the others really were weak. I can see anyone getting dehydrated after that so am cutting him a pass.

Old 03-10-2023, 06:51 PM

44,622 posts, read 61,590,826 times
Can't figure out how Carolyn could possibly be a "drug counselor". Her actions indicate she needs one herself.

Old 03-10-2023, 08:52 PM

130,099 posts, read 12,078,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
Can't figure out how Carolyn could possibly be a "drug counselor". Her actions indicate she needs one herself.
True, she definitely comes across as a strange person & Lol at her son telling her not to be strange. I kinda like her, but if I was on the same beach as her, I could see how she would become tiresome, so I expect her to be voted off soon.

Old 03-10-2023, 11:21 PM

1,898 posts, read 2,262,367 times
Helen was boring. Carolyn will produce more drama. CBS is probably happy with the outcome.

Old 03-11-2023, 10:57 AM

175 posts, read 97,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
They had the chance to vote off the Blonde, but no, they didn't, they will suffer for that.
I agree. She may not be as off as she appears at first. Carolyn is growing on me. I liked when she asked why Carson would want to keep her. And she figured out she didn't need to play her idol. I underestimated her after the first episode.

I loved the editing where they showed all the would-be sleuths wrongly deducing who had opened the cage. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCDave View Post
I wonder if Carson voted Helen to avoid a 2-2 tie. But that would mean he’d have to know Sarah had no vote. Or they suspected Carolyn would play the idol. We’ll have to see……
I was wondering that, too. I think Carson made a good move. Sarah may have told him she lost her vote. Carolyn may have told him she had an idol. He was third on his alliance with Sarah and Helen; he has a better chance with YamYam and Carolyn. Also, he needs an ally with brawn, he has brains covered.

I wasn't happy when Maryann won; she annoyed me all season. I don't want to see Carolyn win. If she does, we'll see a steady stream of similar players in future seasons.

The preview showed someone (YamYam?) fainting on the beach. I hope we don't lose another player to dehydration.

Old 03-11-2023, 06:05 PM

1,292 posts, read 5,000,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post

Plenty of drug counselors are former drug users....

Old 03-11-2023, 06:58 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,598,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
There was a comment about the big strong ones whimping out and whining first - but you have to remember Brandon Day 1 lugged those coconuts for 4 hrs with little nutrition. The temps are extreme and in the challenge - he was the muscle since the other guy hurt his shoulder and Brandon was shouldering much of the weight of that chest as the others really were weak. I can see anyone getting dehydrated after that so am cutting him a pass.
I was just including Brandon in the mix of big muscle bound guys who don't do well on Survivor. I've been watching all the seasons starting with season 1, and it is pretty consistent that the muscle bound guys don't have the stamina that women and wirey guys have. Of course there are exceptions, like James from China. But he may be the exception that proves the rule, at least as far as I remember.

And, could I do it? Heck no!

Old 03-15-2023, 04:45 PM

1,898 posts, read 2,262,367 times
I wonder if Carson is the next Cochran.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV