Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2023, 09:25 AM

17,874 posts, read 15,925,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
The problem being there is already a modern day Kung Fu which is using the more iconic name than one of the series that didn't last or produce a spinoff, (Xena Warrior Princess) like its stable mate Hercules did.
I dont quite follow. Do you mean the Kung Fu with Chris Potter? Vanishing Son started with like 3 TV movies and then one season. Doesnt mean they cant reboot?

Warrior on Cinemax is like a Vanishing Son in the 1800s. It is suppose to get another season. I am waiting for it to come out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2023, 10:35 AM

6,138 posts, read 4,500,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlsch View Post
It started out really good as a dark comedy for about 4 episodes, although it took a little suspension of disbelief that a young man would have the “hots” for Amy, an older homely woman, and then it went downhill from there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
Crazy take. I wouldn't say Amy is homely.

Also, being a successful wealthy self-made women is a big deal for immigrants. They find that very attractive.

Much of the show is about money. Hence why I said the LA lifestyles...the have and have nots.

Take away the money, it's a pretty standard stereotype, a young guy "getting lucky" with an older woman.

Old 04-27-2023, 10:45 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,665,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
Crazy take. I wouldn't say Amy is homely.

Also, being a successful wealthy self-made women is a big deal for immigrants. They find that very attractive.

Much of the show is about money. Hence why I said the LA lifestyles...the have and have nots.
The actors are also roughly the same age, so it seems like a strange comparison to me, especially since Amy doesn’t LOOK old and is clearly wealthy enough to pay for high-end beauty treatments.

Old 04-27-2023, 02:27 PM

3,247 posts, read 2,333,796 times
I very much enjoyed it. Great acting and so many crazy things happening.

Old 04-28-2023, 04:56 AM

12,383 posts, read 8,136,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
I dont quite follow. Do you mean the Kung Fu with Chris Potter? Vanishing Son started with like 3 TV movies and then one season. Doesnt mean they cant reboot?

Warrior on Cinemax is like a Vanishing Son in the 1800s. It is suppose to get another season. I am waiting for it to come out.

As a show a martial artist violinist on the run from China over Tiananmen Square and drifting around America instead of a flute playing drifter on the run for killing a royal Vanishing Son was the same show as Kung Fu without paying for the naming rights. And now someone else has paid for the naming rights for the in demand Kung Fu and it airs on the CW network.

Vanishing Son being among the rotating movies from which Hercules emerged as the big hit was thus just another show left behind. The name itself carries little cultural value so why would someone pay the old writers for the rights to use the name? They would just make up a story of an Asian fighter on the run from home in America and give it a new name like was done with Vanishing Son in the first place.

Old 04-28-2023, 09:04 AM

9,821 posts, read 11,536,738 times
Well, A24 Studios has been, "Killing it" as of late. Everything Everywhere All at Once, is a great Movie with an almost all east Asian Cast.

Old 04-28-2023, 10:10 PM

99,508 posts, read 4,489,231 times
Very enjoyable series with interesting twists and turns.

Old 05-02-2023, 06:27 PM

9,821 posts, read 11,536,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by merv1225 View Post
Very enjoyable series with interesting twists and turns.
It really was, although I don’t think they do a second season, just let be.

Old 05-20-2023, 07:15 PM

6,391 posts, read 4,896,864 times
The show was surprisingly good. It dragged a bit in spots but overall it was well done and enjoyable to watch. The 2 leads played off each other well. Acting was quite good.

Old 06-05-2023, 06:49 PM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
I really liked this. I was almost going to blow it off after the 2nd episode. Glad we hung in there. It went in places I never expected.

The acting was great too. I thought that scene with Danny in the church having that moment where he starts breaking down was just great stellar acting.

The guy playing Isaac did a good job. We've all bumped in to people like him that you just know instinctively that you should avoid them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV