Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2023, 06:58 AM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,026 posts, read 6,543,117 times

Advertisements

Watched S2 E1&2. So far I am not liking it as much as season 1.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2023, 09:16 AM

5,459 posts, read 8,176,344 times
On their way to the house, to make a bomb, they stop by a “hardware store” where they manage to buy a length of pipe, two end caps, one with a hole in it to put a fuse through, gunpowder, and a fuse.

Small women beat the crap out of professional hit men twice their size.

This show is a fantasy.

Old 12-16-2023, 10:53 AM

32,638 posts, read 48,015,234 times
Off to a good start.

Reacher is looking a bit sunburnt and weather beaten which is very appropriate for a man who lives outdoors walking the roads. He is looking a bit more authentic and a bit scarier this year, except he is even bigger, so I suppose as he walks the country he stops every day to do bench presses with the odd stray railroad tie. Alan Ritchson was a good choice of actor to portray Reacher. A much better choice than Tom Cruise.

Old 12-16-2023, 11:21 AM

5,459 posts, read 8,176,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Off to a good start.

Reacher is looking a bit sunburnt and weather beaten which is very appropriate for a man who lives outdoors walking the roads. He is looking a bit more authentic and a bit scarier this year, except he is even bigger, so I suppose as he walks the country he stops every day to do bench presses with the odd stray railroad tie. Alan Ritchson was a good choice of actor to portray Reacher. A much better choice than Tom Cruise.
And when he eats his chicken-fried steak at the diner, he asks for a side order of steroids.

Last edited by karlsch; 12-16-2023 at 12:50 PM..

Old 12-16-2023, 04:47 PM

26,723 posts, read 26,798,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlsch View Post
On their way to the house, to make a bomb, they stop by...

This show is a fantasy.
She's one of Reacher's former teammates from the 110th Special Investigations Unit, his hand picked crew of Army cops. The books describe their training in more detail.

Old 12-16-2023, 06:28 PM

9,453 posts, read 5,212,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlsch View Post
On their way to the house, to make a bomb, they stop by a “hardware store” where they manage to buy a length of pipe, two end caps, one with a hole in it to put a fuse through, gunpowder, and a fuse.

This show is a fantasy.
Of course it's a fantasy. That's why it's fun....and an escape from an oftentimes wretched reality.
Cheers!!!

Old 12-17-2023, 08:08 AM

29,513 posts, read 22,641,616 times
Enjoying it so far after two episodes. Loved the first one, can count on one hand how many fictional series I've watched on TV so it takes a lot to motivate me to watch an entire series.

Cuts right to the chase. I don't know how Reacher is in the books since I never read them, but I wonder if he is as violent as in this series. The guy's like a cartoon character walking around bashing people's heads through car windows. I suppose there's always that appeal for representations of extreme alpha males who can more than handle themselves physically, often in the service of innocent women and children.

I don't know if it was a deliberate easter egg but I had to laugh at the Robert Patrick character getting all mad upon hearing a certain alias spoken by the guy on the other phone.

Old 12-17-2023, 02:58 PM

22,920 posts, read 28,263,704 times
I am enjoying the plot/conflict of Season 2 more than Season 1, but the new characters --- at least so far --- have not grabbed me as much as the Season 1 cast. I miss Finlay and Roscoe and Mosley. None of the Season 2 cast have half their charm.

The Terminator callback was hilarious.

Old 12-17-2023, 03:07 PM

13,070 posts, read 7,505,741 times
"Where are you going?"
Reacher, "to get more guns."
S2, E2 ending.

Not going to watch E3 until later next Friday. Will power.

Old 12-17-2023, 03:13 PM

12,386 posts, read 8,146,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
She's one of Reacher's former teammates from the 110th Special Investigations Unit, his hand picked crew of Army cops. The books describe their training in more detail.
From "Tom Cruise is wrong" forward this series seems to rely a lot on the audience knowing the books. Since everything else about the Army has been wrong on the show I am guessing that the book has Army CID agents wrong also.

Forget Dixon using a crowbar, an attack from which Reacher survived in the first season, to hold off the the hitman, that was fine. I was laughing at the other local talent who knew he had lost the element of surprise and still climbs alone into the ambush Reacher had to have set up for him.

I'm surprised they even had a ready to kill Reacher get slashed as he had time to recover and knock a winded knifeman right down the building before he could have done anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV