Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2023, 06:53 AM

21,930 posts, read 9,498,367 times

Advertisements

This happened to be on the other night and I have some thoughts:

1) Wow, is Graceland cool. I have never really seen it other than a few photos, especially the inside. Beautiful. LOVE how they kept it as it was. Retro kitchen....classic colonial in a 60's vibe.

2) Sad they had to wokify it by putting in Cher, Jennifer Hudson, John Legend, none of whom knew Elvis.

3) WTF with Dolly Parton's satanic 'Xmas' song? Appeared to be titled 'Go to hell'? Ugh. Even my 20 year old daughter was saying "Nothing says Xmas like Satanic images'. Epic fail, Dolly.

4) And speaking of Dolly, while I have nothing against lady, why is she verging on sainthood lately?

5) The diamond of the show other than the house, the old home movies of Elvis and his family and having fun was his granddaughter, Riley Keough! She is gorgeous, seems down to earth and sweet, even asked the interviewer about herself and all the singers that she spoke with. NOT what I expected at all. She looked lovely in her white Chanel sweater. Also noticed, she does not appear to have had plastic surgery (read boob job) fillers, etc. I hope she sticks with aging gracefully, unlike her grandmother.

Anyone else see it. I admit I didn't not watch all the singers. The one in the jungle room seemed like she was on downers. I liked the ones performing out front.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2023, 06:58 AM

11,467 posts, read 5,995,398 times
"Go to Hell" by Dolly Parton from here album "For God and Country", does sound like a weird choice by the staff to play during Christmas, but just so you know it is not a satanic song.

My brothers and my sisters (ah)
I'm here to tell you that Satan is real (ah)
He is real and walking around amongst us trying to destroy everything that's good and beautiful (ah)
He wants to break our hearts and minds (ah)
Destroy our dreams and plans (ah)
He wants to tear us up in little pieces, break us down and send us straight to Hell (Oh, my God)
Ah-ha, you said a mouthful brother

Oh, my God. Oh, my God can do anything (ah)
My God can heal the sick (ah)
Mend broken hearts and take our souls to heaven (ah)
So Satan, listen up (ah)
In God's name I rebuke you (ah)
I stand up in his name, look you in the eye and laugh in your ugly face (ha, ha, ha)

https://genius.com/Dolly-parton-go-to-hell-lyrics

I'm glad you enjoyed Graceland. I have yet to visit.

Last edited by Igor Blevin; 12-23-2023 at 07:13 AM..

Old 12-23-2023, 07:24 AM

21,930 posts, read 9,498,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
"Go to Hell" by Dolly Parton from here album "For God and Country", does sound like a weird choice by the staff to play during Christmas, but just so you know it is not a satanic song.

My brothers and my sisters (ah)
I'm here to tell you that Satan is real (ah)
He is real and walking around amongst us trying to destroy everything that's good and beautiful (ah)
He wants to break our hearts and minds (ah)
Destroy our dreams and plans (ah)
He wants to tear us up in little pieces, break us down and send us straight to Hell (Oh, my God)
Ah-ha, you said a mouthful brother

Oh, my God. Oh, my God can do anything (ah)
My God can heal the sick (ah)
Mend broken hearts and take our souls to heaven (ah)
So Satan, listen up (ah)
In God's name I rebuke you (ah)
I stand up in his name, look you in the eye and laugh in your ugly face (ha, ha, ha)

https://genius.com/Dolly-parton-go-to-hell-lyrics

I'm glad you enjoyed Graceland. I have yet to visit.
Thank you for the post. I think the imagery was more at issue that what it was about. And the lyric 'Go to hell' just sounded kind of well....not Christmasy.

Old 12-24-2023, 12:54 PM

11,467 posts, read 5,995,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Thank you for the post. I think the imagery was more at issue that what it was about. And the lyric 'Go to hell' just sounded kind of well....not Christmasy.
You shocked me linking "satanic" with Dolly Parton. She is a very devout Christian. There is no way she would be into anything remotely evil. She is not only devout, but she is nice and generous to a fault. Love or hate her music, she is one of the good guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV