Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2024, 12:41 PM

64 posts, read 42,009 times

Advertisements

Just in a weeks time Laura and Anna are ready to put what friendship they have with Sonny aside and actually go forward to arresting him for his crimes.

Maurice Bernard has been hinting retirement a few times and it seems like his character Sonny going to prison will officially close the chapter on his 30 year story on the show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 07:26 AM

13,402 posts, read 28,719,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celticsfan08 View Post
Just in a weeks time Laura and Anna are ready to put what friendship they have with Sonny aside and actually go forward to arresting him for his crimes.

Maurice Bernard has been hinting retirement a few times and it seems like his character Sonny going to prison will officially close the chapter on his 30 year story on the show.
I'm starting to wonder that myself. On another note Anna was over the top out of line with Molly, as Molly has strong valid reasons to recuse herself

Old Yesterday, 11:31 AM

11,790 posts, read 12,025,773 times
Lots of chatter about that, and I’m not sure.

I’m not happy that there is another storyline involving tampering with meds and Ava being involved, given what happened with Morgan. And what is Ava’s endgame.

For all of Sonny’s criminal activity, Cyrus is no better so I really don’t understand Laura’s motivations. Cyrus should be in prison.

Old Yesterday, 04:07 PM

8,069 posts, read 4,743,239 times
Laura has inconsistent reactions to the criminal activities of her relatives, dependent mostly on plot.

I'm not sure this whole umbrella plot is an effort to write Sonny out. I mean, what if Benard changes his mind about retiring, as so many actors seem to? This is not a ship that can be easily turned around. The storyline is intertwined with the "return of Jason" story, which was the story that got these new writers their jobs and how would they have known at that time to write a permanent exit for Sonny when they pitched this story? it could definitely be a story to make Sonny's grip on the town come into question (since he'd gotten too comfortable) but like all other threats he's encountered, they can have him "win" like always.

Anna as Police Commissioner has NO say about which member of the DA's office prosecutes cases. The only reason I can imagine she was so insistent that Molly take the case (despite her being Sonny's niece) is because she is working some kind of plan that has not been revealed yet. In the real world the DA would do such a high-profile case himself, but Tristan Rogers (DA Robert) seems so frail these days that they likely don't want to put him through that.

Old Yesterday, 06:36 PM

2,919 posts, read 1,982,376 times
I watch some of Benard's episodes of his State of Mind podcast on Youtube. Haven't watched enough of them recently to get a real clue one way or another if he's leaving, but in at least one of them his comments didn't seem to reflect that he was. He has said he's thought about it in the past, so it's not far off. His character does seem to be fading out, not in minutes per episode but in terms of plots the show is going with. Maybe Sonny goes to prison and the actor ends up with a reoccurring role or whatever they call it. And Jason either becomes boss or decides to be 100% legit just operating the coffee business so he can be around his sons. Different possibilities.

I haven't always been a fan of Sonny (not the actor), at other times he's been more likeable.

Old Yesterday, 07:46 PM

16,417 posts, read 12,495,187 times
Nah. I think it will come out that his meds were interfered with, and he'll get out of any charges.

Old Today, 07:47 AM

13,402 posts, read 28,719,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Nah. I think it will come out that his meds were interfered with, and he'll get out of any charges.
Kind of like the road they are taking with Heather and the bad hip replacement poisoning her. I like Heather she brings comedy to the show

Old Today, 10:39 AM

16,417 posts, read 12,495,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Kind of like the road they are taking with Heather and the bad hip replacement poisoning her. I like Heather she brings comedy to the show
And the Franco brain tumor.

They've been relying on this trope too much.

Old Today, 02:29 PM

8,069 posts, read 4,743,239 times
The revelation that his meds were tampered with might also be used by the writers as Sonny's latest "Get out of jail free" card with all the PC citizens who have turned their backs on him (esp. Laura and Anna). Which would make the last month or so a complete waste of time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV