Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 09:13 AM

181 posts, read 629,664 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if I'm the only one who things General Hospital is a sad mess. I was a regular watcher to this show and I remember my Grandpa watching the show. I was a big fan during the Luke and Laura days. But for some time the show is nothing but mobs and violence and killing. It is sad. I'm not that old but I remember younger Dr. Hardy and nurse Lucile and Jesse. The show is called General Hospital and yet is about Mobs and Mob families. Kids being shot in the head and women loving men in the mob. I think to be truthful it started with Liuke and the mob stuff but then it was a story line that was like a adventure. Like the ice princess on the Island. I know that Gloria Monty used to write and I think she passed away . Everytime I read about this show I read about fans who stop watching it they are sick of this mob stuff and I'm sad that they killed off so many long charaters like Alan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2008, 09:37 AM

1,594 posts, read 5,267,391 times
I totally agree. I have been a loyal watcher since 1992 and haven't watched an episode in months. They keep saying they are going to go back to their roots and emphasis hospital story lines then they go and add a new mob family like the Zaccarahs. They have killed off almost all the Quartermaines because of mob activity even though they have nothing to do with it, however, anyone in the mob is fine and dandy. Now they bring Sarah Brown back and why? You know that she is going to end up with Jason and that sucks. Are there any fans who want to see that? Its like the writers do not care that people are tuning out? I haven't watched an episode in months. The writing was better when the real writers were on strike!

Last edited by cmj_fla; 07-06-2008 at 11:09 AM..

Old 07-06-2008, 10:01 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,621,030 times
I have been a GH fan as well, since Laura and Scotty days. I don't like all the MOB stuff going on. I like Sonny and Jason, but there is more to the show then them.
They need to bring back some "good" things. I use to enjoy the Nurses Ball, and some
singers on the show. (remember Jack Wagner and Shaun Cassidy?) I heard Rick S. is coming back soon again. He is a fav of mine. I know Bobbie doesn't show up often, but it'd be nice to know she had a guy in her life at this point. And the part with Felicia, gosh what a Mother she is huh?

I still watch, but find myself not as interested as I use to be.

Old 07-06-2008, 10:48 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,093,083 times
Remember Robert Scorpio? Bobbi is still on? Alan is dead? Oh my!

I used to watch and watched Laura and Scotty grow up. The last time I really watched was when Luke and Laura got married, then real life got in the way. Doesn't sound like it would be very interesting to me now.

Old 07-06-2008, 10:52 AM

I still enjoy some of the episodes, but they are getting a little strange lately. They need some better story lines and bring back some of the old characters. As for Alan,
they really need to make a story up where he isn't really dead and bring him back. (I mean he is there now and then as a ghost anyway! lol)

And word has it that Scorpio is coming back...

Old 07-06-2008, 01:15 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,765,403 times
I haven't watched in a while, life took over, now i turn it on every so often and i couldn't tell you what's going on. I was a huge Luke and Laura fan, would love to see her come back to stay, love Genie Francis!!

Old 07-06-2008, 01:59 PM

They are getting ready on Soap channel toi have this General Hosptal Night thing. I guess Robert will be on that. I just think there is so much violence in life already that is real. Soaps are realistic but they should be full of personal relationships. I know that soaps do take on story lines that can be ground breaking and General Hosptal had done that as well. It just is all the same story and they make no sense. Like Tony Geary I don't know how he won the Best Actor award at the daytime emmys he is on vacation more than he works. Like I said when they used to do these stories it was like a mini story and it was more adventure like Luke, Laura, Robert and Tiffany on the Island.

Old 07-06-2008, 07:19 PM

What is up with Scotty's son now? He is just strange...

Old 07-07-2008, 11:00 AM

I'm not sure who he is for sure but I think if it is the guy I think he is he is about to be killed off. What made no sense to me is that Scottie is there but doesn't have his daughter Sabrina.

Old 07-07-2008, 11:08 AM

3,011 posts, read 6,281,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Remember Robert Scorpio? Bobbi is still on? Alan is dead? Oh my!

I used to watch and watched Laura and Scotty grow up. The last time I really watched was when Luke and Laura got married, then real life got in the way. Doesn't sound like it would be very interesting to me now.
I am along the same lines..I really got into the show from the early to late 80s and after that, things just changed and I eventually stopped. I also enjoyed a soap called "Capital" back then as well.

Lots of different actors/actresses, characters and events transpired during that time period, notably Luke and Laura. To the best of my recollection, the late 70s and through the 80s were the shows "glory days".

I did attempt to watch it a few months ago, and I just could not finish it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV