Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2008, 03:08 PM

2,905 posts, read 7,362,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Last night's episode was an instant classic for Survivor! Randy was getting awful and desperate--he HAD to go. Thank god it played out so well last night. I was really impressed with how Bob has revved his play up a few notches in the past couple of episodes--he's doing what he can to not get voted off!!
As to how the game will continue to play out, I think the preview for the next episode just shows Bob telling Corinne a lie to cover why he gave the fake idol to Randy. He's gotta make up a lie so she won't absolutely hate him--for the sake of a jury vote in the future. As for Bob being able to stick around--well, the only things he has are to 1. win immunity 2. rally Sugar and/or Susie or Matty to his side somehow for an alliance against someone else.
Here is one scenario:
next episode voted out: Corinne
next voted out: Bob
That leaves Matty, Crystal, Kenny, Susie, and Sugar.
Matty is the favorite to win immunity, as-is Kenny. If either one has immunity in this group, I think Susie would be first to go.

If they were angling a way to get Sugar to play her idol, they should vote out Corinne next show, then vote Sugar the next, and then Bob would go. Sugar would have to play her idol to stay in the game. That would leave Sugar in the top 5, but then she could be voted out next episode if she didn't win immunity....they have to get her to play that idol...I think Crystal/Kenny/Matty look like a strong possibility to go top 3.
true but the idol is almost worthless at this point, because it seems like no one actually plays it when they need to. Has it actually saved anyone's a$$ yet (i have a terrible memory)? it seems like the one who has it always gets blindsided and doesn't even play the idol. Idiots! So what's it good for beyond people being EXTRA careful when they scheme behind your back when they are planning to vote you off, so that you suspect nothing and hold onto the idol?
Didn't one guy get voted off, when he had the idol, and I think it was the last round it could have been used anyway?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2008, 03:11 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,135,092 times
I'm with you mommytotwo, on being out there for 27 days. I would have stripped on national tv and not batted an eye to get the bath. LOL

I cannot believe I forgot about Crystal reading her vote so loudly!
That's when I started laughing!!! I have no idea how they will be able to top this Survivor season. Next season's crew has their work cut out for them.

Old 11-21-2008, 03:12 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,135,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytotwo View Post
true but the idol is almost worthless at this point, because it seems like no one actually plays it when they need to. Has it actually saved anyone's a$$ yet (i have a terrible memory)? it seems like the one who has it always gets blindsided and doesn't even play the idol. Idiots! So what's it good for beyond people being EXTRA careful when they scheme behind your back when they are planning to vote you off, so that you suspect nothing and hold onto the idol?
Didn't one guy get voted off, when he had the idol, and I think it was the last round it could have been used anyway?
James was voted off when he had 2 idols!!

Old 11-21-2008, 03:22 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,693,914 times
I think I would've saved my money for food. Everyone stinks anyway.

Old 11-21-2008, 03:24 PM

2,905 posts, read 7,362,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
James was voted off when he had 2 idols!!
Oh, James! JAMES! for the love of God why didn't he use an idol!:sm ack::sma ck::smac k:

Old 11-21-2008, 03:34 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,805,517 times
I forgot about the James vote off. That was just.....DOH!

Old 11-21-2008, 04:00 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,227,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
That was the BEST episode and tribal council!!!! All the time I was laughing thinking of all of you having hysterics too!! I don't think Jeff liked that ahole either. What a nasty piece of work that Randy is. Did you catch him wishing a Mamba would bite them? Crystal was priceless not keeping her voice down at her voting! Corrine winking at the jury...I'm was so waiting for the votes to be read. Now to get that b*tch off. I was surprised Randy didn't turn around and give them the finger. Who knows, maybe he did. THAT wouldn't surprise me. Rupert stealing the shoes and this tribal council will forever be etched in my mind. Way to go Survivors!
Ummmm you saw I just had to come over to the computer at the beginning of the show to say how stupid Kenny letting Corrine buy the advantage for the next challenge didn't ya? My kids are like "mom your talking to a computer you know that right"? I just laughed and said "uh uh my Survivor friends will totally understand on this thread". So see I brought ya all into our living room now who left the beige blankey on the couch?

Have to admit Crystal getting loud while voting was pretty funny. Did ya all see Jeff's face after the auction when Randy handed him back his money? I think in his mind Jeff as saying "you are an arrogant selfish idiot that is fixin' to get your butt handed to you soon buddy". Randy must be an alcoholic with all the references about his drinking last night maybe that is why he is such a bear he is going through withdraws.

Old 11-21-2008, 04:09 PM

638 posts, read 1,921,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
I forgot about the James vote off. That was just.....DOH!

Don't forget about the idiot last season (was it Rob?) or the season prior where he was on the chopping block and won the II and that bitchy woman talked him into giving it to her at tribal counsel and in front of everybody he took off his II and handed it to her and James and Ozzie (on the jury) were laughing in amazement.

he proceeded to be voted off. James said something to the effect that he no longer holds the record for stupidest move in Survivor.

Old 11-21-2008, 04:47 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,259,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Ummmm you saw I just had to come over to the computer at the beginning of the show to say how stupid Kenny letting Corrine buy the advantage for the next challenge didn't ya? My kids are like "mom your talking to a computer you know that right"? I just laughed and said "uh uh my Survivor friends will totally understand on this thread". So see I brought ya all into our living room now who left the beige blankey on the couch?

Have to admit Crystal getting loud while voting was pretty funny. Did ya all see Jeff's face after the auction when Randy handed him back his money? I think in his mind Jeff as saying "you are an arrogant selfish idiot that is fixin' to get your butt handed to you soon buddy". Randy must be an alcoholic with all the references about his drinking last night maybe that is why he is such a bear he is going through withdraws.
So that's where I left that thing! Ummmm, did you happen to find a pair of pink fuzzy bunny slippies too, Jaxson???

Thank you, lovinCarl, for reminding us of James' statement of not being the stupidist Survivor anymore. That was so good!

I think Jeff's thoughts may have been a little more X-rated than that!

Oh wasn't last night SO fun???? I've never seen so many people in agreement about 1 person!! Kewl!

Old 11-21-2008, 05:00 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,227,677 times
lovinCarl I remember him saying that now! That was pretty stupid of him to give it up. Although James getting voted off holding 2 idols was pretty lame playing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV