U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 06:12 AM

396 posts, read 1,222,923 times

Advertisements

Canceled shows don't count of course.
Also, if a show that is still running was good at one point but isn't anymore, it doesn't count (although you can mention that it used to be good).

My current favorites:
-Battlestar Galactica (probably the best TV show in history)
-Chuck
-Dexter
-Prison Break
-Reaper
-The Office
-South Park (it has its ups and downs though)
-Supernatural

24 is a great show but season 6 wasn't that good. I have reservations about season 7. After the great season 5 I still won't proclaim the show dead, though.

Meanwhile, The Simpsons and King of the Hill used to great shows but they're just unbearable now. (Now that I think about it I'm not sure I'd like old King of the Hill episodes anymore, but I don't know for sure.) Family Guy has also been going downhill the last couple of years. Smallville used to be pretty good as well but the writing has gotten unbearable (not to mention the acting). At least the writing was good enough to cover up the terrible acting earlier in the show.

There's tons of cable shows that I've wanted to get around to watching but I can only afford basic cable. I only know Dexter because it came to NBC, after which seeing season 1 I immediately went out and bought it on DVD because of how mind-blowingly awesome it is. I also haven't gotten to watching Heroes yet, which I've heard such good things about.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2008, 05:05 PM

1,364 posts, read 2,783,746 times
My favorite current running shows include:

-It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
-LOST
-Dexter
-Futurama (technically back I guess)
-Reno 911
-South Park
-The Office
-My Name is Earl
-Kitchen Nightmares
-Hell's Kitchen

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is not a show for everybody but I find it hilarious. Best comedy to come along since Arrested Development. LOST still is outstanding and really looking forwad to the new season. Dexter has had two quality seasons and can't see it slowing down. Futurama is all time favorite show and smartly written. Reno 911 always cracks me up and love the cast and guest stars. South Park wasn't that great last season and hope they rebound in October. The Office is quality and love the characters. My Name is Earl can be hit or miss but usally entertaining. Love Kitchen Nightmares and Hell's Kitchen which surprises me as I usually don't like loud confrontive people like Gordon Ramsey. He seems like a genuinely good guy though when he doesn't have his act going. Part of me wants to add American Dad but it's hit or miss too much. I still enjoy the Simpsons somewhat.

Old 09-14-2008, 05:33 PM

1,510 posts, read 4,879,380 times
-LOST!
-The Office

Thats about it. I got into Dexter through Netflix, but I dont have Showtime, so I wont be able to watch season 3.. unless I find it leaked online somehow.

Quote:
I also haven't gotten to watching Heroes yet, which I've heard such good things about.
I just recently saw the first couple of episodes of Heroes. It seems ok. Netflix has all 3 seasons, so I may continue catching up to it.

Old 09-14-2008, 06:02 PM

14,691 posts, read 25,065,956 times
Lost
IASIP
The Shield
Venture Brothers
Weaponology
Future Weapons
How It's Made
NatGeo prison shows (MSNBC tries to make theirs a TV show)
Dirty Jobs

Old 09-14-2008, 08:55 PM

93 posts, read 274,986 times
My favorite shows:

1. Nip/Tuck
2. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
3. Desperate Housewives
4. Brothers & Sisters
5. CSI: Miami
6. Ugly Betty
7. The New Adventures of Old Christine
8. Family Guy
9. Project Runway
10. The Soup

Nip/Tuck is THE BEST show that I have ever seen in my entire life!! Hands down, I will always love it, and i'm not gonna miss a single episode when it starts its new season this January. IASIP, is HILARIOUS!! hahaha! Everything about that show is funny. I love it! DH and B&S are both very fun to watch. The plot gets twisted every week, and you never know whats gonna happen next! CSI: Miami is the only CSI that I'll watch b/c I like the actors. Ugly Betty is funny. TNAOOC is extremely funny! Everyone said there was a Seinfeld curse, but Louise Dreyfus definitely broke it with this one! Family Guy is always funny. PR is fun to watch what other people actually make and think looks good. And the Soup is extremely funny! So, basically I like funny shows that make me laugh, and shows that keep me on my toes guessing.

Old 09-15-2008, 12:41 AM

396 posts, read 1,222,923 times
It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia is definitely a show that I've always wanted to check out. Everything I've seen of it (which isn't much to be honest) looks hilarious.

Old 09-16-2008, 12:21 PM

318 posts, read 902,893 times
Lost
Prison Break
Dexter
Eureka
My Name is Earl

Old 09-16-2008, 01:51 PM

12,975 posts, read 32,214,687 times
South Park - Comedy Central
Monday Night Football - ESPN 7
Family Guy - Fox
Curb Your Enthusiasm - HBO
Ninja Warrior - Female edition only - G4TV
House Hunters - HGTV
Attack Of The Show - G4TV
Flight Of The Conchords - HBO
Dancing With The Stars - FOX
From The Vaults - Smithsonian Channel
Sound Revolution - Smithsonian Channel

Old 09-16-2008, 08:43 PM

20,792 posts, read 24,783,799 times
Is Reaper coming back? I heard it wasn't. Then I heard it was. But that was a long time ago.

Old 09-16-2008, 09:59 PM
LML

7,097 posts, read 8,689,084 times
1. The Closer
2. Monk
3. Psych
4. Amazing Race
5. Rachel Maddow
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV