U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 02:21 PM

17,696 posts, read 37,837,988 times

Advertisements

Just saw the preview for this sorry piece of tripe. These women actually make the NYC ladies look like LADIES!!! Holy moley!!! You've got a REALLY angry woman going through a divorce running around Atlanta like she's the good lord's gift to the world and how she's so successful, when all she has to show for it is a failed marriage and a stripper pole in her basement. Some big haired bim who has a boyfriend who most of her girlfriends don't even see ... her boyfriend is called Big Poppa ... what a white trash wannabe Mr. Big wanting hussy. There is a pretty nice woman who is married to an NBA player, she's actually pretty down to earth, but her "estate manager" is wound up tighter than a swiss watch. She hires the estate manager so she doesn't have to "deal with the rest of the staff" .. wow , simply wow. Ah who else ... there's another lady who is married to an NFL player who wants to make a comeback. She's obsessed with body image and has her hands in about 20 different pots and manages to have a 10 month old adorable baby ... then there's another one who is big hair bim's best friend who is a former single mom who's been married for the last 10 years to a man who won't let her eat starches. The mouth on her is something to behold. LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOUUUUUUUUUDDDDDD!!!!

Where are the belles???? Where's AlexSimon and Duhmona??? I'm already missing yenta jill and Bethandthecity. I doubt there are any 4th wife countesses anywhere in Atlanta are there???
Rate this post positively

Old 07-31-2008, 02:44 PM

422 posts, read 1,309,592 times
I haven't seen the preview but I am sure to watch it like I did Orange County and NYC.. even if it is bad it is enjoyable to watch.

Old 07-31-2008, 02:50 PM

14,862 posts, read 40,315,563 times
It was on last night. I caught a little bit of it but hubby FORCED me to change the channel (it really did not take much force about it as I was ready to grab a barf bag if I had watched it any longer). The only thing he was interested in seeing just for the oggle looks was the blonde bimbo that has the boyfriend hidden called, Big Papa. She called him up telling him she REALLY HAD TO HAVE this Cadillac NOW! She drove off in it. agh.

I saw one woman dropping her kid off at his dorm for school. I think it was someone from the college that she was asking about decorating the room and hanging a plasma on the wall. The guy was NOT IMPRESSED at all.

If the others are not any better than these two I will not be watching. Hubby even said he would watch the LA housewives. LOL!!!

All of the REAL women of Atlanta should be hanging their head in shame after this show airs.

Old 07-31-2008, 03:19 PM

631 posts, read 1,794,086 times
I caught the end of the sneak preview and thought it was pretty funny. I'll probably watch it. As with all the other "Real Housewives of...." shows its not like these ladies are the actual "high society" of their respective cities. The actual old money society ladies would never allow themselves to be filmed for a television shows. The nouveau riche wannabe's are very entertaining to watch though.

Old 07-31-2008, 03:24 PM

16,086 posts, read 39,065,615 times
Mom now I have to watch it to see that Cadillac schtick.

I'm just glad they didn't come here to the Dallas area because I know they would have had a lot of embarrassing people up in Frisco as 'the stars'.

Old 07-31-2008, 03:44 PM

14,862 posts, read 40,315,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Mom now I have to watch it to see that Cadillac schtick.

I'm just glad they didn't come here to the Dallas area because I know they would have had a lot of embarrassing people up in Frisco as 'the stars'.

The Cadillac schtick was HORID! It makes you really want to puke. I feel sorry for this womans two young daughters.

Heck, I was thinking about applying myself. I'd be pretty darn boring though compared to these women. Not many of them are shown doing nothing but toting their kids around, doing actual house chores, taking their husband lunch to the office, getting the car washed and cleaned up, buying school supplies, volunteering at church, cooking a NORMAL meal, etc. Wonder if those Frisco housewives would come to my "lowly" side of town

Old 07-31-2008, 03:58 PM

17,696 posts, read 37,837,988 times
Oh no ... Cadillac Bim is what she will now be called. I think her name is Kim, so Bim is a good nickname.

The lady taking her son to college is the LLLLLLLLLLLOUUUUUUUUUUUD one whose husband won't let her eat starches.

I mean, at least there was a little old money in the NYC version. And you have to admit all of those dimwits were very NYC. These Atlanta ladies ... oy vay ... I don't think there's a native Atlantan among them is there??? I don't know it could be interesting to see the cat fights ensue between them, which I'm sure will be instigated by the divorce stripper pole lady (who is in the midst of a divorce from Bob Whitfield). I can see stripper pole divorce lady really bucking heads with the LLLLLLLLLLLLOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUD one and then being really competitive with the body obsessed one. The stripper poler seems very Omarossa to me.

Oh my ... and they are ramping up a Real Housewives of NJ!!! Joisey wives!!!

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/b...ly-30-7343.php

Last edited by domergurl; 07-31-2008 at 04:17 PM..

Old 07-31-2008, 06:31 PM

14,492 posts, read 19,424,307 times
Honestly, Atlanta upper middle class/wealthy housewives are some of the most obnoxious. Of course, there are plenty of wonderful women out there- but on the whole *shudder*. I grew up in the suburbs with many friends who lived in the gated communities next to rappers and NBA stars. Some of the moms were great- others were obviously just trying to flaunt their wealth.

Real Housewives manages to get the real dead winners of all of the stereotypes of each area they cover. Sickening.. but it's like a car crash- I can't help but watch!

Old 07-31-2008, 07:36 PM

1,401 posts, read 3,627,044 times
Boy, Bravo sure knows how to hit the bottom of the barrel....

Don't overkill it...it was good with OC and maybe NY...the rest..not so much...

How about a show with REAL real housewives? After all WE who don't act like spoiled, emotionally retarded nutters, make up the vast amount of the population, so why not showcase US, our minivans, soccer games, budget worries, job, marriage, work, kids, and dare I go on?

No they can't do that. See, that would be REAL. It would be in your face and real.

Let the real bimbos of all these places have their shallow little 'all about ME' lives....

Those of us who live in the real world, really don't need 'em.

Old 07-31-2008, 08:51 PM

3,872 posts, read 8,298,246 times
I was surpised to see some African-American women on there. I didn't think that was allowed on any of the Housewives shows. I'll be watching for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV