Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 12:23 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,597,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
Women are not physically able to compete with males in alot of sports.
But that's what I meant; if someone can't compete, then they shouldn't. But if they can, then they should definitely be allowed to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2008, 09:07 AM

1,372 posts, read 3,764,438 times
Wow. I can see that city-data was a horrible place to float this kind of argument. Definitely not middle of the road opinion like my beer drinking friends. This is more like the tofu and tea drinking crowd...

Old 10-18-2008, 10:58 AM

3,681 posts, read 9,057,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big mean bear View Post
Wow. I can see that city-data was a horrible place to float this kind of argument. Definitely not middle of the road opinion like my beer drinking friends. This is more like the tofu and tea drinking crowd...
I'm sure you and your beer drinking buddies would dig watching Erin Andrews announce a game. My beer drinking buddies and I think she has great hair!!!

Look her up and let me know what you think!

Old 10-19-2008, 10:09 PM

Erin Andrews was put on earth for two reasons; making battle and making love!

Keep her on the field interacting with players, but keep her out of the press box. If you let her sit next to John Madden, next thing you know there will be an ugly chick sitting next to John Madden. Give a mouse a cookie and they'll ask for milk. I hope that franchise sports realize that if they bend to the PCP (Political Correctness Platoon) and open the flood gate they will lose ratings and most importantly... $money$$$$

Old 10-19-2008, 10:19 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,242,030 times
I dont care who commentates as long as Jeff van Gundy or Ryan Seacrest is not involved. I'd even take Dennis miller over those two clowns anyday.

Old 10-20-2008, 08:32 AM

3,681 posts, read 9,057,165 times
Quote:
Erin Andrews was put on earth for two reasons; making battle and making love!

Keep her on the field interacting with players, but keep her out of the press box. If you let her sit next to John Madden, next thing you know there will be an ugly chick sitting next to John Madden. Give a mouse a cookie and they'll ask for milk. I hope that franchise sports realize that if they bend to the PCP (Political Correctness Platoon) and open the flood gate they will lose ratings and most importantly... $money$$$$

Thank you for posting Erin Andrews picture! Actually this is one of my MOST favorite pictures of her! Do you notice how great her hair looks??

Old 10-20-2008, 10:58 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,163,418 times
Quote:
like your beer drinking friends hu? lol.....sorry that we actually use our brains....we'll try harder next time for ya' k?

Old 10-20-2008, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
like your beer drinking friends hu? lol.....sorry that we actually use our brains....we'll try harder next time for ya' k?

It's funny how unintentional internet insults still manage to sting some people... Some have super thin skin...

Old 10-20-2008, 12:46 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,174,114 times
Quote:
but now the Political Correctness Platoon (PCP) has invaded the press box and mandated that 50% of all words spoken "on air" come out of a lipstick-mouthed female commentator.
How would a lipstick-mouthed male commentator work for you? Just because he's a male he knows more about sports reporting than a female? Wrong-o.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Anybody who knows what they're talking about is welcome to be doing broadcasting, as far as I'm concerned.
Amen. It's not about X or Y chromosomes; it's about the ability to report a story.

Quote:
This is more like the tofu and tea drinking crowd...
Beer and tofu works for me. When's happy hour?

Old 10-20-2008, 12:50 PM

8,629 posts, read 9,134,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
How would a lipstick-mouthed male commentator work for you? Just because he's a male he knows more about sports reporting than a female? Wrong-o.

Amen. It's not about X or Y chromosomes; it's about the ability to report a story.

Beer and tofu works for me. When's happy hour?
I don't think it's about sports reporting at all, it's the "*** *** ***" or the "cluck ckuck ckuck" sound that men hear when women chime in-in the middle of a male growling organized slug fest .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV