Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2009, 11:25 AM

295 posts, read 838,439 times

Advertisements

Oh you have no idea. My friends and I are having a "Blood Bash" tomorrow for the season premier. Check out the books...they are ridiculously good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2009, 11:29 AM

4,550 posts, read 11,704,888 times
I already have checked out the books!!! I feel a fever in me taking hold like no other......I may join others in Las Vegas with this fever

Old 06-13-2009, 12:09 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,229,493 times
The short trailer I saw on TV makes it look like a real departure from the books. Is this true?

Old 06-13-2009, 12:13 PM

295 posts, read 838,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
The short trailer I saw on TV makes it look like a real departure from the books. Is this true?

Yes and no. The only BIG differences in the books is:

1. Tara is a minor character in the books, but she's a big part of the show.

2. Bill's "daughter" is not in the books.

The show keeps as close to the books as they can, but it is entertaining in its own way.

Old 06-13-2009, 04:20 PM

266 posts, read 867,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Organized Mess View Post
Yes and no. The only BIG differences in the books is:

1. Tara is a minor character in the books, but she's a big part of the show.

2. Bill's "daughter" is not in the books.

The show keeps as close to the books as they can, but it is entertaining in its own way.
I agree. The show has its own flair but i was seriously surprised to see how related it was to the books. Usually movies are nothing like the book so i figured the same would be for trueblood. I just rented trueblood from netflix and i couldn't get enough. I am extremely sad that i do not have hbo to watch the new season tomorrow

Old 06-13-2009, 04:36 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,126,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twilight61108 View Post
I agree. The show has its own flair but i was seriously surprised to see how related it was to the books. Usually movies are nothing like the book so i figured the same would be for trueblood. I just rented trueblood from netflix and i couldn't get enough. I am extremely sad that i do not have hbo to watch the new season tomorrow
I ordered HBO just for True Blood last year. I can't wait until Sunday!!

Old 06-14-2009, 10:49 AM

266 posts, read 867,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
I ordered HBO just for True Blood last year. I can't wait until Sunday!!
im really close to begging the husband to order hbo just for it too lol. If that doesn't work im sure i can get it in exchange for something he wants hehe

Old 06-14-2009, 11:34 AM

621 posts, read 3,207,751 times
I just ordered HBO last week and have since watched the 1st season of true blood and absolutely love it! Can't wait for tonight. Anyways I have a question. I haven't read the books, which is probably why I don't know the answer, or maybe I just missed it. How do they become vampires? I see the humans drinking vampire blood to make them heal and getting bitten, but they don't turn into one. So just wondering how they actually become them? Thanks!

Old 06-14-2009, 12:22 PM

561 posts, read 1,514,053 times
Truly love the show since the first episode! We record all the programs we watch, so the only thing I need to decide is whether to watch the show as they record, or let them stack up and watch all at one time.

We did that with Damages and 24 this year and really enjoyed watching them that way. Of course, we don't sit and watch all at once, but watch on our schedule and don't have to wait an entire week for the next episode!

Old 06-14-2009, 05:24 PM

621 posts, read 3,207,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msjack View Post
I just ordered HBO last week and have since watched the 1st season of true blood and absolutely love it! Can't wait for tonight. Anyways I have a question. I haven't read the books, which is probably why I don't know the answer, or maybe I just missed it. How do they become vampires? I see the humans drinking vampire blood to make them heal and getting bitten, but they don't turn into one. So just wondering how they actually become them? Thanks!
I realized I hadn't watched the last 2 episodes, so they answered my question. Now I really can't wait for tonight!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV