Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 11:10 AM

3,131 posts, read 11,649,051 times

Advertisements

i wanted to bring this thread back, as I am glad that ABC decided to run the final episodes of these shows. I recorded them and have completed the pushing daisies, and just finished Eli Stone last night. Eli Stone was such a good show, I will really miss it. It did have a nice ending! looking forward to final episodes of dirty, sexy money too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2009, 11:30 AM

208 posts, read 469,619 times
I liked Eli Stone but never watched the other 2.

Old 07-30-2009, 06:04 PM

895 posts, read 4,249,467 times
I have to agree about Eli Stone. I really enjoyed the show and found it very entertaining. I was pretty disappointed that it got cancelled but relieved that they aired the final episodes and there could be some closure.

Old 08-01-2009, 07:03 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,734,665 times
I've been watching the final episodes of Dirty Sexy Money and I have to say IT'S FREAKING AWFUL!!! The first one with the stupidly bad acting of the chauffer/pilot being interviewed by Vanessa Marcil ... oy! Then last week's with karen wanting to be pregnant and is pregnant ... I don't know, it seems like the writers are giving us crap to fill out the rest of the series, or maybe some hack wannabe tv writers were hired cheap to finish it all up.

I can't wait for it to be over. I hate that this once fantastic television show is ending on such a stinky note.

Old 08-01-2009, 08:32 AM

23,867 posts, read 33,568,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
I've been watching the final episodes of Dirty Sexy Money and I have to say IT'S FREAKING AWFUL!!! The first one with the stupidly bad acting of the chauffer/pilot being interviewed by Vanessa Marcil ... oy! Then last week's with karen wanting to be pregnant and is pregnant ... I don't know, it seems like the writers are giving us crap to fill out the rest of the series, or maybe some hack wannabe tv writers were hired cheap to finish it all up.

I can't wait for it to be over. I hate that this once fantastic television show is ending on such a stinky note.
How very true.

Old 08-01-2009, 09:35 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,734,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
How very true.
I think there are 2 more shows and then it's over.

Old 08-01-2009, 10:54 AM

23,867 posts, read 33,568,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
I think there are 2 more shows and then it's over.
Very hard to watch that 1st one; don't think I watched the whole thing; it was so boring.

Maybe it's because we know it's been pulled, who wants to invest time into this when the 1st one didn't make any sense?

I wish someone would pick it up. So sad since it was a really good show, the new line up is garbage from what I saw

Old 08-01-2009, 02:57 PM

1,722 posts, read 3,749,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I wish someone would pick it up. So sad since it was a really good show, the new line up is garbage from what I saw
Exactly...look at the crap ABC is putting on the air this fall and you have to wonder if any of these new shows will come close to the ratings Eli Stone had. Stupid ABC...but other than Eli Stone, the only show I watch on ABC is Wipeout and once that's done this summer...I'm finished with them!

Old 11-05-2023, 05:48 PM

3,734 posts, read 2,563,582 times
I just watched a couple episodes of Eli Stone for the first time (think it was just recently added to Hulu).

Not great, but not bad. I like the cast a lot, tho I think I like Miller better as Sherlock Holmes, but..

Old 11-05-2023, 06:41 PM

11,484 posts, read 6,008,999 times
Eli Stone was a solid show. Very entertaining with a great cast and original premise. It deserved far more than 2 short seasons. Hollywood is dumb. But then, most shows I like get cancelled prematurely. Shows with the lowest common denominator and mass appeal seem to go on for ages. Not because they are quality shows, but because they are easily digestible for the greatest number of undemanding audience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV