U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2008, 01:39 PM
zas zas started this thread

95 posts, read 267,564 times

Advertisements

I love my Sunday on HBO, what do you think of House of Saddam.. and what is going to be HBO big Sunday's nite show after House of Saddam......
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2008, 07:05 PM

3,106 posts, read 2,964,032 times
I was going to post about this but didn't get a chance to.

It is a great show. Very interesting how his son Uday is just out of control and can do what he does and get away with it because he is his son. Also, interesting how Saddam lives in a fantasy world, where he thinks Iraq is great because 35 countries are invading during the gulf war.

Old 12-10-2008, 08:18 AM

3,131 posts, read 11,047,891 times
is this available on-demand? I totally missed it.

Old 12-10-2008, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgresident View Post

I dont know but i saw in the guide for my cable it is going to be on again a couple times during the week.

Anyone know how many episodes they are going to have?

Old 12-10-2008, 12:37 PM

3,224 posts, read 6,707,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgresident View Post
Yes, I'm going to watch it tonight!

Old 12-10-2008, 12:50 PM
zas zas started this thread

95 posts, read 267,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
I dont know but i saw in the guide for my cable it is going to be on again a couple times during the week.

Anyone know how many episodes they are going to have?
2 episodes

Old 12-15-2008, 01:09 AM

725 posts, read 2,008,106 times
Its actually 5 episodes. They gave the 3rd one yesterday.

Old 12-15-2008, 03:06 PM

36,428 posts, read 37,263,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveChick View Post
Its actually 5 episodes. They gave the 3rd one yesterday.
They have done 4 episodes and it's over. It was two episodes back to back yesterday and the Sunday before. It was good.

Old 12-15-2008, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
They have done 4 episodes and it's over. It was two episodes back to back yesterday and the Sunday before. It was good.

What a great show. The end where he was hiding after the invasion was very interesting.

Also how dumb were his two generals who came back to Iraq after saying they will tell all about Iraq's WMD's. I mean how long did they work with Saddam and to think he would let them live, come on.

Old 12-18-2008, 08:16 AM

17,700 posts, read 37,539,191 times
I thought it was pretty good. I was disappointed how they made his first wife the woman scorned, which she was, don't get me wrong, but that woman was as bloodthirsty as her husband. She fled the country and has been feeing ever since. Nobody knows where she is and she's wanted in Iraq for the same crimes as her husband. The second wife, I believe, is living in Beirut and isn't wanted for anything. I also wonder if Qusay's character was really as sympathetic as he appeared. They made Uday absolutely over the top, which he was, but I have to think that Qusay was equally as psycho, just not as flamboyant.

The guy who played Saddam and his ill fated son in law, Hussein, were fantastic and deserve emmys for their performances.

I liked how they showed how the CIA deserted the son in laws ... really nice of our government. The least they could have done is give them asylum somewhere.

I thought the addition of the little boy by the river was great. Wonder if that's true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV