Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 11:47 AM

579 posts, read 761,673 times

Advertisements

Episode was OK. Felt like a re-run centered around Dubose Wife thinking he's soft/push over etc. In the end the episode didn't have much to do with Chris Brown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2014, 02:33 PM

9,820 posts, read 11,536,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPeach2 View Post
I didnt think this new Pretty Boy Flizzy episode the greatest, it had some funny parts, but the episode seemed rushed. After 4 years of making us wait, I would think all 20 episode would be pretty solid by now. There were some forced humor moments in this 1st episode. Chris Brown has nothing to worry about. I was expecting a backlash from the feminist womens rights crowd. Pretty Flizzy made some very interesting comments about women in general, and how some of Chris Browns fans operate.

"a woman would rather be beat to death than bored to death"
Totally agree
It's what we thought it would be, "Funny but No Substance"
I will say that they pegged Chris browns legal woes pretty good.
Flizzy advice to tom wasn't that far off, but that's for another thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by akatrk View Post
I agree with you. Was looking forward to the new season and came away thinking I hope it gets better.
yep because that Ep. felt really pushed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Devil View Post
Watching 'Pretty Boy Filizzy' now.

Opening scene utter race baiting crap. But I'll see where this goes.
How?
You know you're watching the Boondocks right?

Quote:
Episode was OK. Felt like a re-run centered around Dubose Wife thinking he's soft/push over etc. In the end the episode didn't have much to do with Chris Brown.
Agree ^^^
Tom and his wife did feel like a rerun.
Blackmen are extra paranoid when married to white women
We Get It sony

Old 04-26-2014, 11:07 AM

4,586 posts, read 7,706,146 times
The first episode of every season usually sucks so I'll will to give my opinion.

Chris Brown story is tired. That's the only problem with this shows creation time. By the time, its gets to air, it is old and boring.

Old 04-26-2014, 01:00 PM

579 posts, read 761,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Agree ^^^
Tom and his wife did feel like a rerun.
Blackmen are extra paranoid when married to white women
We Get It sony
It's interesting that this is your perspective.

I guess that's the beauty of this show, tackles not-PC issues in our society and then we get a view into how everyone percieve it

Old 04-26-2014, 02:26 PM

8,632 posts, read 12,990,645 times
I can clearly see a lot of posters on here did not get the subliminal messages of that episode. It went a lot deeper than the just the Chris Brown storyline and Tom being extra paranoid with his white wife.

Old 04-26-2014, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKCorey View Post
The first episode of every season usually sucks so I'll will to give my opinion.

Chris Brown story is tired. That's the only problem with this shows creation time. By the time, its gets to air, it is old and boring.
The Chris Brown story is old and dated. But at the time the show ran Chris Brown was also in jail cell.
So it might old but unfortunately for Mr.Brown it's not Dated.

Quote:

I guess that's the beauty of this show, tackles not-PC issues in our society and then we get a view into how everyone percieve it
I'm around a lot of interracial couples here in So Cal daily. Tom being Jealous everytime Sara mentions a black celebrity male is not uncommon. But it's Taboo and not talked about so I'm stopping there!
You still didn't answer my race baiting questions.
J/k
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
I can clearly see a lot of posters on here did not get the subliminal messages of that episode. It went a lot deeper than the just the Chris Brown storyline and Tom being extra paranoid with his white wife.
Explain?
Because while I picked up on a couple things(lol women wanting things both ways) the episode seemed to be missing something.
Also is it me are the animation seem to be over the top this season?

Old 04-26-2014, 08:53 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,543 posts, read 16,528,077 times
The animation style has changed a little bit.

The episode overall was horrilbe though

Old 04-26-2014, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKCorey View Post
, first episode of every season usually sucks so I'll will to give my opinion.

The Chris Brown story is tired. But at the time the show aired Chris Brown was in a jail cell as usually.

Quote:

Taboo Subject.among AA males in interracial relationships.
You still didn't answer my question about race baiting?
J/k you don't have to answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
Explain?
To me the show seemed to be missing something. Only subliminal message I got was that some women want it both ways
Also is it me are is the animation over the top this season?

Old 04-27-2014, 09:40 AM

863 posts, read 1,128,778 times
Quote:
The Chris Brown story is tired. But at the time the show aired Chris Brown was in a jail cell as usually.
I think it has to do with how long it takes for them to animate the show. For instance, if they decided to do season 5 now, the episodes may be filled with events from 2014 when they're premiering them in 2018. They probably started animation when Chris Brown was a hot topic (the parking attendant incident, throwing a chair, etc.).

Regardless, I did like the episode despite it being a rehash of the Usher one. LOVED when Flizzy said women had no self-respect. While this obviously isn't true for all women, it's definitely true for groupies like the ones waiting for him outside the clothing store.

Quote:
You still didn't answer my question about race baiting?
J/k you don't have to answer.
I think that poster was banned. If you've read any of his posts on other threads, you'd be surprised that he watched the show in the first place. Let's just say Uncle Ruckus would be that poster's favorite character lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The animation style has changed a little bit.
It seems that they make it more and more...anime-ish every season. Riley doing a back flip corkscrew kick (?) just to turn off the light was a bit much lol.

Old 04-28-2014, 03:29 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,520,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akatrk View Post
I agree with you. Was looking forward to the new season and came away thinking I hope it gets better.
Yea hope so...I dont want a black version of South Park and Family guy. Poop jokes and gags was never The Boondocks. Still the after another view of Pretty Boy Flizzy there were some good parts. When does the next episode come on anyone know?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV