Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 02:26 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times

Advertisements

I’ll admit when I first saw an episode of this show I didn’t give them a chance but my boyfriend is addicted to them and so I’ve been watching them lately. Although you have to have a high tolerance for the N-word and get used to lil kids cussing it’s hilarious – I love John Witherspoon. Last night I saw the episode about the crazy wolf ***** grandpa met online and I couldn’t stop laughing. Does anyone else watch?

Attack of the Killer Kung-Fu Wolf *****
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2009, 09:43 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,922,581 times
One of the best cartoons out there. Granted a white guy can't go around repeating the commentary. The Dr. King episode is a classic. I love the characters that get introduced... Thugnificent, Gangstalicious, Stinkmeaner, and the Wuncler kid.

Old 01-15-2009, 11:03 AM

1,720 posts, read 6,727,876 times
Pretty funny...although pretty much all of my black friends don't like it. My friends are not exactly Carlton Banks, but they don't like the light it casts on the "community".

I find it funny though. Really liked the episode where they had Samuel L Jackson talking about N technology or whatever.

Old 01-15-2009, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry For Cheese View Post
Pretty funny...although pretty much all of my black friends don't like it. My friends are not exactly Carlton Banks, but they don't like the light it casts on the "community".
That was my first impression of it too when I saw the Usher episode but its no worse than any of Dave Chappelle's or Chris Rock's jokes about black people - sometimes we have to laugh at ourselves.

The N word episode is one of my favorite

Old 01-19-2009, 05:33 PM

I also like "a Pimp called Slickback"...The comedian Katt Williams did some stand-up which hands down used the N word more than any comic I have ever heard.

I look forward to an episode comparing Huey and Rileys aspirations with the Obama presidency.

Old 01-25-2009, 01:48 PM

544 posts, read 1,058,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
I also like "a Pimp called Slickback"...The comedian Katt Williams did some stand-up which hands down used the N word more than any comic I have ever heard.
really? i would have thought it would have been chris rock or bernie mac. nah i think bernie macs works was sumbitch and mutha****a i think he said **** about 80 times in the first 10 minutes of soul men

Quote:
I look forward to an episode comparing Huey and Rileys aspirations with the Obama presidency.
are there going to be other episodes? i heard they **** boondocks down after they made an episode hating on bet for being a sellout network lol i just caught the katrina episode - theres a lot of truth in boondocks episodes. its sad that we're being better depicted in cartoons then actual television shows black people need to get real and stop being so offended by **** we do

Old 01-30-2009, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLater View Post
really? i would have thought it would have been chris rock or bernie mac. nah i think bernie macs works was sumbitch and mutha****a i think he said **** about 80 times in the first 10 minutes of soul men

are there going to be other episodes? i heard they **** boondocks down after they made an episode hating on bet for being a sellout network lol i just caught the katrina episode - theres a lot of truth in boondocks episodes. its sad that we're being better depicted in cartoons then actual television shows black people need to get real and stop being so offended by **** we do
I loved the BET episode mainly because I hate BET. When i saw American Gangsta I was like "whats the purpose of this? To make legends out of the drug dealers who did irreparable damage to the black community with crack cocaine" what further pisses me off is that the have the former drug dealers all on camera smiling as they recollect over how much money they used to bring in daily.

Anyway yeah I liked the Katrina episode and the Hoe's coming to dinner episode too.

Old 02-01-2009, 08:53 AM

Living in Houston, I got the same impression of the Katrinaites as some of my colleagues in the AA community. So I thought the episode was to the point.

Old 01-18-2012, 09:18 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,566,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
One of the best cartoons out there. Granted a white guy can't go around repeating the commentary. The Dr. King episode is a classic. I love the characters that get introduced... Thugnificent, Gangstalicious, Stinkmeaner, and the Wuncler kid.
3 Words for ya....More Cindy McPhearson!

Old 01-18-2012, 09:25 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,566,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry For Cheese View Post

I find it funny though. Really liked the episode where they had Samuel L Jackson talking about N technology or whatever.
Lol at Black people offended at Boondocks exposing the flaws of the black community. That is one of the biggest reasons I love the show & Huey Freeman. I wish the show & the brand Peanuts/Snoopy success!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV