Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 04:43 AM

1,942 posts, read 8,496,317 times

Advertisements

Ok, yes, I think Brandon should have went home. He has not been stepping up his game this whole time and he blew the words the other night. BUT...that little Sanyja child should have been first!!!!!! Then again, he should have been before Sundance and Sabrina as well!! I don't really like Phil, but I think he did one of the better jobs on Diana Ross so I don't think he deserved to be in the bottom 3.

I am not liking this show this year. No one is realllllllly good (besides 2), and the wrong people are getting off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2007, 10:17 AM

4,781 posts, read 2,084,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshvo View Post
Ok, yes, I think Brandon should have went home. He has not been stepping up his game this whole time and he blew the words the other night. BUT...that little Sanyja child should have been first!!!!!! Then again, he should have been before Sundance and Sabrina as well!! I don't really like Phil, but I think he did one of the better jobs on Diana Ross so I don't think he deserved to be in the bottom 3.

I am not liking this show this year. No one is realllllllly good (besides 2), and the wrong people are getting off.
I completely agree with you!

Old 03-15-2007, 11:08 AM

2,815 posts, read 12,995,037 times
I really enjoyed Diana Ross' performance. She rocked my world.
Sanyja doesn't have the talent, but I think a lot of the female audience are attracted to his androgeny and prettiness and keep voting for him.
I really, really like Melinda! None of the men are, in my humble opinion, anywhere near the talent of the top women.

Old 03-15-2007, 12:09 PM

22 posts, read 106,373 times
I agree!!! ...but I love Chris! Love him!..personality..hair...and glasses...seems like a really nice guy

Old 03-15-2007, 11:13 PM

2,408 posts, read 14,403,489 times
I didn't watch the Results show. I rarely do just because they drag it out so long and it irritates me, so I just get the results and summary online afterwards. I was surprised Sanjaya was even in the bottom two. Maybe he's not going to be as safe as I thought. No surprise that Brandon got the boot with his forgetting lyrics and general poor song choices.

I'm wondering at this point if it's pretty much already a given that either Melinda or Lakisha will win it. It seems like most years, even from the very start, there are two favorites or so, generally at least one of whom makes it to the final and wins while the other may make it all the way or may get booted early. Last year it was Taylor Hicks and Chris Daughtry, the year before it was Carrie Underwood and Bo Bice, and the year before that it was Fantasia and LaToya London. It just seems at the moment that Melinda and Lakisha are just so far beyond the other performers in terms of caliber that it's a given that one of them will win.

Old 03-16-2007, 11:40 AM

8,984 posts, read 21,192,695 times
Sanjaya should have been voted off two weeks ago. Brandon has a lot of talent but he wasn't well-prepared. I think Chris has the best voice out of all the remaining guys; I actually like his Coldplay-inspired take on "Endless Love". (Maybe it could have started out a bit softer?) Blake and Chris would do well in a "boy band" together. I agree that it will (or should) come down to Lakisha or Melinda at the end. The rest are more or less "just ok, dawg" as Randy might say.

Speaking of Randy, this might be cruel but I got such a kick out of his reaction to Sanjaya's performance that I found it on YouTube. Whenever I need a good laugh, I'm going to throw that on! LOL

Old 03-16-2007, 04:27 PM

266 posts, read 1,196,325 times
I find I have very few opinions this year - I have watched since the first season, and like so many others have said, this is a poor top 12 as Melinda and Lakisha are so clearly in a different league than the rest, who seem very mediocre.

The one thing I do feel (somewhat, ) strongly about is that Sanjaya is wasting valuable air time!! I'll have to look up Randy's reaction to him... I don't remember it offhand.

Old 03-17-2007, 03:49 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,112,128 times
I love Sanjaya, but he definitely should have gone a couple of weeks ago. Really the only good ones IMO are Melinda, LeKisha, and perhaps Blake. In the long run, it doesn't really matter what order the other contestants are booted off.

Old 03-20-2007, 10:14 PM

2,408 posts, read 14,403,489 times
To me, this was now the fifth week in a row where Melinda was the best of the night. She's just so flawless it seems.

I like weeks like this where there's more uptempo songs. Even if the song is bad, at least I can tap my foot along to it.

I have no clue who Peter Noone is and I had only heard of Lulu before but didn't know of a song she sang. They both seems cool though.

Lakisha seems to be losing a bit of steam to me while Jordin is picking up her slack. I still think Blake is the best of the guys and his performance was interesting tonight but I thought the chorus sort of fell flat but then again, in the actual song, I feel it does too. I do NOT like Chris Richardson. His voice is so obnoxious and nasally, but I guess he was okay. Haley sure sexed it up tonight didn't she? She was actually quite good performance-wise as well. While she and Sanjaya were the surprise finalists for the Top 12, I think Haley has proven that she's at least on par and deserving of her spot. Gina seemed alright during the performance but then when I caught the clip at the end, wow did she sound awful. I don't even know where to start with Sanjaya but well, he was the worst again. I will say though that he at least took a step somewhat in the right direction by showing some personality and actually being forceful with his voice; but unfortunately, the actual vocals just weren't really there. An "A" for effort though, but he still should go home although I doubt he will. I predict the bottom three to be Phil, Sanjaya and Stephanie (maybe Gina) with Phil going home.

Old 03-21-2007, 05:12 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,145,906 times
lulu sang "to sir with love"
I also wasn't sure who peter noone was though I htink he hit the nail on the head when he said it wasn't a vocal competition but a voting competition(might not be his exact words but something like that)

I agree with Melinda being great and the thing is she really has Simons support
I also like Lakisha

I just don't get Sanjaya
I almost fell off the sofa when I think it was Randy that said it was his best performance ever, I don't think he can sing I think it is the teenage girls voting for him that is keeping him on the show.

oh well just mho
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV