Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2009, 03:07 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,245,229 times

Advertisements

if your into what looks to be sort of an anti-true blood british comedy revolving around vampires and werewolves.
July 25th on BBC.
I just watched the sneak previews on BBCA On Demand - while not typical vampire or werewolf fare at all it could be funny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2009, 04:04 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,750,728 times
I am so looking forward to this

Old 07-07-2009, 02:59 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,366,656 times
Thanks for posting. I will be sure to watch it.

Old 07-07-2009, 05:53 PM

22,956 posts, read 28,362,305 times
What's the name of the show?

Old 07-08-2009, 04:56 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,245,229 times
Its called Being Human. It looks to be a sort of sitcom type show with 3 young working class not so functional people who also happen to be a vampire, new reluctant werewolf and ghost. So not your standard werewolf, vampire stuff, more like a sitcom of normal people who's problems stem from their abnormalities.

Being Human - Pilot Episode: New BBC3 Drama About a Flat-Sharing Vampire, Werewolf and Ghost | Suite101.com

Old 07-26-2009, 08:58 PM

22,956 posts, read 28,362,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
Its called Being Human. It looks to be a sort of sitcom type show with 3 young working class not so functional people who also happen to be a vampire, new reluctant werewolf and ghost. So not your standard werewolf, vampire stuff, more like a sitcom of normal people who's problems stem from their abnormalities.

Being Human - Pilot Episode: New BBC3 Drama About a Flat-Sharing Vampire, Werewolf and Ghost | Suite101.com
I watched it. Liked it. Didn't love it. Liked it.

Being BBC, it's VERY well-written. Good dialogue. Good drama. The cast is great.

But the way the show handles "the monsters" kinda bugs me. The vampires are walking around in daylight, eating pizza, drinking beer, and seemingly don't have to kill if they don't want to. These aren't vampires.

And I'm very confused by the physics of the ghost. Some can see her. Some can't. She can seemingly disappear and reapper when she wants to, but she seems to have no trouble interacting with the material world. Maybe they'll explain this in future episodes...?

The vampires' upcoming plot seems very reminiscent of F. Paul Wilson' Midnight Mass. Not that that is a bad thing. Just saying.

The werewolf was definitely fun, though I have a hard time believing he couldn't have busted out of the flat. Since when do windows stop werewolves?

I'll definitely keep watching, but I have to admit I was disappointed in the typical PG-13 GQ monsters. For a show with the "for mature audiences only" disclaimer after every commercial break, I was hoping for a bit more monstrosity in the monsters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV