U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 08:13 PM

1,747 posts, read 2,893,510 times

Advertisements

I missed the first half but I must say, the second half was great. The fellow on whom they ended was spectacular! He's a returnee from last year and man, can he DANCE!!! I've always loved the music he selected -- he brought it to life!

I'm probably going to follow this one. I love dancing, doing it or watching others do it. Will I be alone or will someone join me here (Twinkle Toes, I'm looking at you )?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2009, 09:03 PM

9,845 posts, read 21,560,029 times
I notice this year they focused on the great dancers and stopped showing the auditions of the silly people that couldn't dance and just wanted to be on tv.

Looks to be a good season and they are already gearing up for a fall season which is the first ever I believe.

Old 05-21-2009, 11:47 PM

18,285 posts, read 22,307,574 times
My DD tuned in tonight we liked it so we will probably be watching this one. This is more variety in dance than Dancing with the Stars that is too old for her to watch so says she.

Old 05-21-2009, 11:53 PM

15,607 posts, read 39,406,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelly Nomad View Post
I missed the first half but I must say, the second half was great. The fellow on whom they ended was spectacular! He's a returnee from last year and man, can he DANCE!!! I've always loved the music he selected -- he brought it to life!

I'm probably going to follow this one. I love dancing, doing it or watching others do it. Will I be alone or will someone join me here (Twinkle Toes, I'm looking at you )?
I saw you staring!!! That's why I'm here!

I watched the whole thing. This is my most favorite dance show on TV. I have a couple of friends who are on the show this season. I suspect they will be showing their auditions (or not - they don't show us every audition) next Thursday. So far every season (except season 1) there have been people I know.

I thought there were a lot of really good dancers. I liked those two black guys with the green faces who did that freaky monster stuff (2nd dance). I too was confused by the two guys dancing samba. I could see their point - they were each trying to show their lead and follow skills, but it is strange to see samba (or any ballroom dance) done in such an unconventional way. Typically one leads and one follows.

What I like about this show is there are actual, real dancers - not celebrities trying to dance, like DWTS. This is a real competition, based on one's actual dancing abilities rather than a popularity contest.

Overall, I was happy with the show and sooooooo glad it's back on! I miss it when it's not on!!!

Old 05-22-2009, 07:24 AM

45,585 posts, read 56,891,233 times
I loooove this show. I missed the first hour, but thankfully I caught the second. Unfortunately, I must suffer my husband's sarcastic comments through the whole show.

Old 05-22-2009, 11:42 AM

12,975 posts, read 32,496,659 times
This is one of my favorite shows too (my wife says its OUR favorite show) as its much more interesting than DWTS. This is the one show that is guaranteed to make my wife cry during every episode. A very good friend of hers (and her parents) choreographed for the show last year. The Russian dance with the two black guys (cant remember their names) and Im sure he'll be back this year again.

I'll ask Dmitry if he's going to be doing any choreography for the show this year.

The guest judge WAS HOT HOT HOT!!!! Now THAT is what Im talking about. I normally hate tattoos on women but those who are obvious artists are the only ones who can pull it off and look GOOD!!

Old 05-22-2009, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
This is one of my favorite shows too (my wife says its OUR favorite show) as its much more interesting than DWTS. This is the one show that is guaranteed to make my wife cry during every episode. A very good friend of hers (and her parents) choreographed for the show last year. The Russian dance with the two black guys (cant remember their names) and Im sure he'll be back this year again.

I'll ask Dmitry if he's going to be doing any choreography for the show this year.

The guest judge WAS HOT HOT HOT!!!! Now THAT is what Im talking about. I normally hate tattoos on women but those who are obvious artists are the only ones who can pull it off and look GOOD!!
Are you talking about Sonja - the one with the black mohawk?

Old 05-22-2009, 12:07 PM

12,975 posts, read 32,496,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Are you talking about Sonja - the one with the black mohawk?
Yep. Me likey me some Sonja. I told the wife that I'll be taking her classes if she's teaching at her studio.

Old 05-22-2009, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
Yep. Me likey me some Sonja. I told the wife that I'll be taking her classes if she's teaching at her studio.
Wow! My husband thinks she's a kook. I think she's pretty, but not sure about that hair. LOL She's definitely unique!

I'm now training at a different studio. New partner, new teacher, new studio (in Fullerton) and it's a LOT of driving!!!

Old 05-22-2009, 01:01 PM

1,747 posts, read 2,893,510 times
I like the hair. And the lip ring. They work for her. Not for everyone but on her, aces. But Mary is still my fave. Love that laugh .

Twinkle Toes, are you a teacher, coach, student or all three? I know you're a competitor. Will we see YOU on SYTYCD?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV