U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 05:58 PM

24,866 posts, read 34,455,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Hell, I knew where babies came from and what sex was before I was 13. My area has a ridiculously high teen pregnancy rate and my parents made SURE I knew how pregnancy occurred so I wouldn't do it.

Me and my boyfriend have been together for nearing 6 years, living together for 4 and we spent 3 months decided whether or not to adopt a new dog

I'm just really curious to see which Duggar will be the first to completely rebel..maybe join a rock band, get a few piercings/tattoos and start hooking up with an Atheist

That is exactly what I'm waiting for!
Rate this post positively

Old 06-16-2009, 06:02 PM

14,862 posts, read 40,818,793 times
Quote:
I'm just really curious to see which Duggar will be the first to completely rebel..maybe join a rock band, get a few piercings/tattoos and start hooking up with an Atheist
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
[/b]

That is exactly what I'm waiting for!
One of them hooking up w/ one of Ozzie's offspring would be a HIT TV show. Can you see the holiday's w/ both families together. Maybe someone could do the hooking up for that setup.

Old 06-16-2009, 06:07 PM

24,866 posts, read 34,455,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
One of them hooking up w/ one of Ozzie's offspring would be a HIT TV show. Can you see the holiday's w/ both families together. Maybe someone could do the hooking up for that setup.
someone posted that Jinger "gives off a gay vibe." I don't know about that, but I do think she sometimes gives a look that tells me she may not be into this lifestyle. Almost like rolling her eyes w/o actually doing it.

Old 06-16-2009, 06:16 PM

1,219 posts, read 4,081,912 times
Quote:

Don't know about the atheist part, but there are Christians who play/sing in rock bands and/or have piercings or tattoos I personally know more than a few, and I have a piercing, myself.

I know some of the long skirt variety, too. We come in all sorts of appearances

Old 06-16-2009, 09:35 PM

13,814 posts, read 27,351,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
someone posted that Jinger "gives off a gay vibe." I don't know about that, but I do think she sometimes gives a look that tells me she may not be into this lifestyle. Almost like rolling her eyes w/o actually doing it.
I think the father, JimBob, refers to that as "speaking in tongues".

Old 06-17-2009, 06:13 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,850,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderintonc View Post
Don't know about the atheist part, but there are Christians who play/sing in rock bands and/or have piercings or tattoos I personally know more than a few

Yes, Mylon and Broken Heart were a great Christian rock band. Mylon got picked on a lot by the Jimmy Swaggert types because his hair was long and he didn't dress up in a suit and tie.

But back on topic before I get spanked, I think the Duggars are ok. They are a little bit strange to me with the same hairstyles and long skirts and striped polo shirts, but eh... there are far worse fashion offenses out there that bother me.

Old 06-24-2009, 02:15 PM

8,039 posts, read 4,348,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitterific View Post
I don't know because I hardly watch the show. If she is I don't blame her. With all that responsibility and crying babies I'd be on Xanax, Lithium and Valium.
Now that's funny and I agree with you I also would be on all that stuff not to mention a big bottle of Jack by my side!

Old 06-24-2009, 04:27 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,550,207 times
I still think Michelle needs a total makeover. The pics of her last night from her younger days...she was a piece of...

Old 06-24-2009, 06:48 PM

19,111 posts, read 29,511,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderintonc View Post
Don't know about the atheist part, but there are Christians who play/sing in rock bands and/or have piercings or tattoos I personally know more than a few, and I have a piercing, myself.

I know some of the long skirt variety, too. We come in all sorts of appearances

Ha, I know I played temp bass for a very well known Christian band, and was a studio bassist for another Being an Atheist, this always threw people off, but I know good music when I hear it, regardless of genre.

I just figured that dating an Atheist would be just about as opposite as you could get with their core beliefs being quite fundamentalist.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:00 PM

1,488 posts, read 5,009,331 times
There are quite a few families and churches in our area with the same beliefs and similar lifestyle of the Duggars....not as many kids, of course, but the same dress and attitude toward life. Most of their children do go to public schools, but the schools are rural and they are very well accepted there.....most of them are the outstanding kids in school - bright, well-liked, self-confident. They participate in activities (some of the girls used to play basketball in their long denim skirts but it didn't slow them down - one went on to become a coach!). A number of them have gone on to college (they lived at home and commuted) and have become teachers in the area. They are good role models for kindness and consideration and self-discipline....we could use a lot more just like them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.