Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 09:13 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,496,245 times

Advertisements

How many Duggars would a Duggar-digger dig, if a Duggar-digger could dig Duggars?

Old 07-13-2009, 10:45 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,954,207 times
I haven't been watching the Duggars this season, but see the previews. It sure seems like they are jumping on the free trips bandwagon that The Gosselins and the Roloffs started.

Old 08-03-2009, 02:31 PM

1,230 posts, read 3,176,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I seriously doubt it. They are "mini me's" of their parents and probably always will be, which, for them, may be a good thing. None of those children would be able to cope with the real world or a relationship with anyone outside of their beliefs. IMO.

I find your statement amusing. The Duggar's happen to be a part of my extended family. The Duggar's are not as navie to the world as people think they are. You see them on TV associating with families with multiples, that home school, etc but they also associate with "regular" people such as my husband and myself on a frequent basis. There are many people that the Duggar's associate with that choose not to be on TV.

Old 08-03-2009, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyG View Post
They ARE creepy.

Birthing a kid every 18 months?

Older kids in charge of the younger kids? Handed off, is more like it.

Eventually that woman's uterus is going to slide out with a placenta.

I think they are selfish jerks b/c if they had to take care of the 4 youngest on their own...they wouldn't have any time to baby-dance. I don't get the "we have out older kids to work the baby farm", so to speak, mentality of these nothing more than baby makers. What are they trying to prove? That YOU TOO can have 18 kids and counting if you brain wash your kids with fear and have them tend to all the parenting aspects of the kids younger than them...(while you have more sex and make more babies)?

I'd have more respect for them if they tended to the needs of all their children as parents..not signing up one of their "eldest" to tend to the needs of the little ones that they don't have time for.

There will be a book written by one of the kids when they break away from the cult. And all the creepiness of Jimmy Bobby and the Uterus will come out....

You can like one, the other or neither...at least Jon and Kate appear to be human.
Your comments are out of line. You can not accuratly judge people by what you see on a TV show. If you want to make actuare judgements get to know them.

Old 08-03-2009, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunky View Post
now that little scenario did sort of creep me out. The whole "josh reveals the answer to anna on camera" bit. For one thing, what if the result was negative? I'd have killed my husband in cold blood if he set me up for that kind of disappointment on camera. With that, Josh doesn't seem like the type to do that to his wife....so she had to know it was positive and therefore, the whole thing was stupid.

Of course Anna knew the test was positive, they found out they were expecting in late January .

Old 08-03-2009, 03:09 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,167,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrenee View Post
Of course Anna knew the test was positive, they found out they were expecting in late January .
The show aired in April. How fast do you think they turn these things out? Not hard to believe that they filmed in January and aired the show in April.

I caught an episode the other night where Jim Bob took his daughters and 2 of their friends who had lost their fathers to a camp. I though it was nice that he included the friends.

Old 08-03-2009, 03:11 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,167,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrenee View Post
I find your statement amusing. The Duggar's happen to be a part of my extended family. The Duggar's are not as navie to the world as people think they are. You see them on TV associating with families with multiples, that home school, etc but they also associate with "regular" people such as my husband and myself on a frequent basis. There are many people that the Duggar's associate with that choose not to be on TV.
Do you really know them? How accurately are they portrayed on TV?

Old 08-03-2009, 03:30 PM

540 posts, read 1,329,382 times
The other day, I saw this couple interviewed. They were both standing with no airspace between them

When speaking, she would look up to hubby's face, and answer in a baby soft voice. I wondered what the heck is wrong with these people. Is she brainwashed? A 3 minute interview was putrid. I can't imagine watching a whole show of them. Blech!

Old 08-03-2009, 07:41 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,494,356 times
Time to close this one as it is no longer comparing the two shows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV