U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 06:32 PM

24,507 posts, read 22,908,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I agree. Most of it is crap. People getting rich and famous for doing nothing, or for doing things they should be embarrassed about, not flaunting on TV.
I totally agree with that statement and the younger generation looking at us as if there is something wrong with the family!!!!
Rate this post positively

Old 06-02-2009, 06:34 PM

242 posts, read 760,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I they have 2 VERY different marriages from the start. I think J & K have had a lot of factors working against them from the start - married young, kids young, way more kids than they planned for, personality traits that clash. The money and being in the spotlight put them over the edge, IMO. The Duggers seem to work better as a team. actually, in their marriage, the man is in charge I guess, but that seems to work for them. They planned for all the kids that they have, and having one/year seems to work out better than having 6 at one time. Only one infant to care for at a time, and older ones to help out. They seem so used to living on a budget, buying 2nd hand, and doing without, the money doesn't seem to be affecting them.
I agree with you %100. I think Jon and Kate were doomed from the start. I used to watch the show when it first came on but I got sick of watching Kate yell at him in the store and never watched it again. So I am not suprised that they find themselves in this mess. The Duggars seem more stable and like you said they go without and live within their means.

Old 06-02-2009, 11:59 PM

1,243 posts, read 2,595,906 times
Maybe it's been said already...the Duggars were an established family before any of the TV stuff happened...and they are older. their values are set they aren't making stuff up as they go.
Like tonight..I saw Michelle talking about the one who married..."You're on your own buddy"
YES! Sink or swim... you think you're an adult? Go live it.
I think too, Michelle has set absolute boundaries with the crew....My family --- you tv people....
family >

Old 06-04-2009, 05:33 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,851,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
While I didn't watch LPBW regularly, kids destroy stuff.
Yes, but most parents discipline their children when they do so. Matt and Amy don't seem to do anything but say " now now, please stop doing that, guys. " I would have gotten my hyde tanned but good if I trashed the house as much as those kids do, or take my parent's vehicle and abuse it.

Old 06-04-2009, 05:38 PM

1,863 posts, read 4,126,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
Does anyone else notice that Kate looks like she is on Xanax?
I don't know because I hardly watch the show. If she is I don't blame her. With all that responsibility and crying babies I'd be on Xanax, Lithium and Valium.

Old 06-04-2009, 05:50 PM

1,863 posts, read 4,126,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
or spouse-swapping...JimBob & Kate (plus 8) vs. Jon & The Duggars!
The Duggar wife will get a taste of free will and won't ever go back to the farm!

For fans of these types of shows, there are more on the way. Raising Sextuplets and some other one, I don't remember the name. Something with the number 12.

Old 06-04-2009, 06:21 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,553,018 times
Does anyone else think that Michelle Duggar would look good if she got a makeover and wore some makeup? Of course, I drink too much so that may cloud my judgement...lol

Old 06-04-2009, 06:31 PM

24,866 posts, read 34,472,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
Does anyone else think that Michelle Duggar would look good if she got a makeover and wore some makeup? Of course, I drink too much so that may cloud my judgement...lol
She was pretty in the older pics of her before the long hair and long skirts.

Old 06-04-2009, 06:32 PM

2,212 posts, read 4,970,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainegirl View Post
Yes, but most parents discipline their children when they do so. Matt and Amy don't seem to do anything but say " now now, please stop doing that, guys. " I would have gotten my hyde tanned but good if I trashed the house as much as those kids do, or take my parent's vehicle and abuse it.

Wow. Like I said, I really have only seen just a few shows...most of what I see are snippets of commercials. You're right...I would kick my kids' butt if they trashed the house...I thought it was Amy's housekeeping skills!

Old 06-04-2009, 08:39 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,365,395 times
Matt and Amy are permissive parents but, at least so far, the kids seem to be turning out okay. They have a relaxed, supportive parenting style which I kind of like.

I don't know how those reality show families do it. I would go nuts if I had a camera following me around all day. I hate having home movies taken at family events...lol

Has anybody watched the new show about the little couple? I think they're adorable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.