Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 05:16 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,444,796 times

Advertisements

I think for the Duggars it's a form of "spreading the word" - it's a religious mission...which is fine. And the girls would be wearing those ugly skirts even if TLC was not there!

Old 05-31-2009, 05:23 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,155,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
I think for the Duggars it's a form of "spreading the word" - it's a religious mission...which is fine. And the girls would be wearing those ugly skirts even if TLC was not there!
when asked why they all have long hair, the girls said because their dad likes long hair. In my entire life I NEVER have had a hair style because my dad liked it!

Old 05-31-2009, 05:27 PM

1,015 posts, read 2,161,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
when asked why they all have long hair, the girls said because their dad likes long hair. In my entire life I NEVER have had a hair style because my dad liked it!
That's kinda gross! I wonder if those children will ever learn to think for themselves?

Old 05-31-2009, 05:49 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,694,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Those skirts seem to be a Christian thing. I am no fan of the skirt thing but they seem very comfortable with them so that is ok. They are better than PJ's that I see all over the place

Old 05-31-2009, 06:00 PM

91 posts, read 365,263 times
I love the Duggars. I think they raise good, upstanding, and respectful children. We need more of that today.

Old 05-31-2009, 06:05 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,444,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
Those skirts seem to be a Christian thing. I am no fan of the skirt thing but they seem very comfortable with them so that is ok. They are better than PJ's that I see all over the place
I don't think it's a "Christian" thing per se. It might be their interpretation but most Christians I know don't do this so that's painting with a pretty broad brush.

Old 05-31-2009, 06:14 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,537,332 times
I don't think so because I don't think they are the same people. The Duggar came into a show after having many children already. They lived there lives earning a living before the show. THe Duggars are a Christian family and I 'm a Christian I 'm not saying I agree with everything they say but I don't find it wrong. I think they are doing the show more to share there belief. I think they are more grounded people and I do think they would stop the show if they thought it wasn't right for the family. I also because they weren't mentioned the Rolhoff;s I think are as well better grounded than Jon and Kate. Jon and Kate biggest problem was that are not the same as the other two families is that they worked to market the family. The more they got the more they wanted and the more important this show meant. Being Jon and Kate plus 8 shouldn't be the only thing this family is about. What the word and maybe it was Kate more Greed . Table of 12 better take a look and do some thinking really hard.

Old 05-31-2009, 06:23 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,184,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy S in PBC View Post
That's kinda gross! I wonder if those children will ever learn to think for themselves?
I seriously doubt it. They are "mini me's" of their parents and probably always will be, which, for them, may be a good thing. None of those children would be able to cope with the real world or a relationship with anyone outside of their beliefs. IMO.

Old 05-31-2009, 06:33 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,896,876 times
Does anyone else notice that Kate looks like she is on Xanax?

Old 05-31-2009, 06:34 PM

1,627 posts, read 3,215,642 times
Default Why is this important to you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom48 View Post
I don't think so because I don't think they are the same people. The Duggar came into a show after having many children already. They lived there lives earning a living before the show. THe Duggars are a Christian family and I 'm a Christian I 'm not saying I agree with everything they say but I don't find it wrong. I think they are doing the show more to share there belief. I think they are more grounded people and I do think they would stop the show if they thought it wasn't right for the family. I also because they weren't mentioned the Rolhoff;s I think are as well better grounded than Jon and Kate. Jon and Kate biggest problem was that are not the same as the other two families is that they worked to market the family. The more they got the more they wanted and the more important this show meant. Being Jon and Kate plus 8 shouldn't be the only thing this family is about. What the word and maybe it was Kate more Greed . Table of 12 better take a look and do some thinking really hard.
First of all (trying to be as polite and to the point as possible) you being Christian, does that mean you have to compare families and judge? Is that is how Christians are taught? To judge?
Really, we don't know the motives of any of these people. When I watch the Duggar family, I watch them making their own laundry soap to save money and buy clothes/shoes at a secondhand store, then I see them pile in a $600K motorhome to attend their eldest son's wedding. I find all the reality shows with children entertaining and I don't give one thought about their motives, as I really don't know them and to make a negative comment, it is all about me. I just enjoy these shows for what they are, entertaining.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV