Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 07:36 AM

77,958 posts, read 60,120,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by senalj View Post
Oh BET needs to get off it! They show rappers who exploit women in their videos and have a warped sense of what is right. They can't show a gun, but they allow cussing. Give me a break! I'm so tired of BET it's unreal! Then, to make matters worse, they decide they're going to try to act all high and mighty. That's why no one is really watching them anymore! And for the record, I thought the show was funny and all the actors associated with it were funny and I think it is a good show. BET has nothing that can compete and I think they're jealous. I hope Regina continues with the show.
BET has cleaned up *some* but they got thier start as not much more than a booty-gangsta-rap video channel.

That's probably why no one watches them anymore, T&A sells.

Ok, time to go watch Telemundo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2009, 08:08 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,336,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by senalj View Post
Oh BET needs to get off it! They show rappers who exploit women in their videos and have a warped sense of what is right. They can't show a gun, but they allow cussing. Give me a break! I'm so tired of BET it's unreal! Then, to make matters worse, they decide they're going to try to act all high and mighty. That's why no one is really watching them anymore! And for the record, I thought the show was funny and all the actors associated with it were funny and I think it is a good show. BET has nothing that can compete and I think they're jealous. I hope Regina continues with the show.
Oh it's not that they're trying to compete - there was an episode where Huey did a hunger strike against BET because their mission is to destroy black people.

Old 07-01-2009, 09:12 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,832,985 times
I'm glad the show is coming back, its one of the few shows that I LOL. The differences in views of Huey, Riley and Grandad are well played. I also think Samuel Jackson voicing Ed Wuncler III is funny. A Pimp Called Slickback is my favorite side character though...it was hilarious when he discussed bros before hos with Riley.

Old 07-01-2009, 10:54 AM

1,482 posts, read 3,120,856 times
Who's the old guy voiced by? Ed Asner? I love his voice acting. He was funny as hell as the Sarge in Freakazoid!

Old 07-01-2009, 11:06 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,832,985 times
I was mistaken, at least according to Wiki...Charlie Murphy is the voice for Ed Wuncler III, Samuel Jackson is his pal Gin Rummy. Ed Asner is the voice for Ed Wuncler, hes the local rich guy selling alarm systems amongst many other things in town.

Old 07-01-2009, 11:21 AM

1,482 posts, read 3,120,856 times
LEMONADE!!!!!!

a few lowercase words....

Old 07-01-2009, 11:54 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,533,749 times
I guess I will have to start watching this!

Old 07-01-2009, 01:42 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,460,760 times
One of my favorite side character is A Pimp Called Slickback. I especially like the episode where we were introduced to him because Granddad took in one of A Pimp Called Slickback's h-s. Riley kept calling the woman a h- while they were driving home from the grocery store and Granddad turned around and started smacking Riley. I know someone is going to comment on the violence, but it was funny.

I also like the one where Riley waged war on Santa. Riley: "You gon' pay what you owe, Santa. You gon' pay what you owe!"

I also like Uncle Ruckus and the episode where he had a dream about going to "White Heaven". Granddad: "But you're black." Uncle Ruckus: "Don't hold my skin affliction against me!"

The trial of R. Kelly was pretty funny, too. Riley: "Let me ask you something, if I start p--ing right now, are you just going to stand there, or are you going to move out the way?"

Man, I may need to get the first season off iTunes! I love this show!!

Old 07-01-2009, 02:04 PM

295 posts, read 836,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
My favorite episode is the Crazy Kung Fu Wolf *****, oh and I like the Hurricane Katrina episode too. Oh and the one where he pretends to be blind so they can pimp out his car. Oh and the one with Usher. I like most of them

My faves from Season 2:

The Story of Thugnificent ("Eff Grandad" was hilarious)

Invasion of the Katrinians

The Story of Catcher Freeman

The S Word (I love the clueless teacher! "How is a n**ga gonna borrow a french fry?") LMAO!

Old 07-01-2009, 09:46 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,336,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjahedge View Post
Who's the old guy voiced by? Ed Asner? I love his voice acting. He was funny as hell as the Sarge in Freakazoid!
By the old guy do you mean the granddad? he's John Witherspoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Organized Mess View Post
My faves from Season 2:

The Story of Thugnificent ("Eff Grandad" was hilarious)

Invasion of the Katrinians

The Story of Catcher Freeman

The S Word (I love the clueless teacher! "How is a n**ga gonna borrow a french fry?") LMAO!
Eff Granddad was crazy - you got me wanting to search for this online. Catcher Freeman wasn't one of my faves but it was funny. I didn't too much care for the Gangstalicious episodes either but I cracked up at Homies Over Hoes and then skirts, purses, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV