U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2009, 02:45 PM

3,790 posts, read 8,517,723 times

Advertisements

I watched the first episode, thought it was so-so and did not tune in last night. Do you like this show or should they chop it out of the lineup?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2009, 02:59 PM

2,072 posts, read 3,598,331 times
Replaces (sort of) "Without a Trace" - I like it for what it is...

Old 09-30-2009, 03:41 PM

247 posts, read 653,720 times
I almost posted this same thing last week. I'll give almost anything a chance, and watch most things--but this one I didn't like quite as much as I would have hoped I would. Watched the first episode, thought about giving it another try, and then took it out of the lineup. Good enough, but missing something for me. Given my busy line up it wasn't worth keeping in the loop, for me.

Old 09-30-2009, 03:46 PM

14,785 posts, read 22,523,340 times
I dont care for christian slater after his show over at nbc got cancelled last yr . I dont care for this one either . I think they will axe this one and the fast forward one too sci fi and weird for me .

Old 10-01-2009, 01:45 AM

24,510 posts, read 22,777,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I dont care for christian slater after his show over at nbc got cancelled last yr . I dont care for this one either . I think they will axe this one and the fast forward one too sci fi and weird for me .
Why don't you care for Christian Slater anymore, phonelady? It wasn't his fault "My Own Worst Enemy" got cancelled before it could fly.

Didn't catch the premier but caught tonight's eppie, I don't see what's so terribly wrong with "The Forgotten". It's a lighter, fluffier forensics show.

Old 10-01-2009, 06:19 AM

2,637 posts, read 12,190,360 times
I watched the pilot. The second episode is on the DVR but I haven't watched it yet. I found the pilot to be kind of boring. It does have Christian Slater who I have always liked, but I think My Own Worst Enemy had a much more interesting premise and more opportunities for Slater's unique delivery of dark humor. This show just seems serious and depressing, like watching SVU. I hope it gets more compelling and I'll try to give it a few more episodes before I give up.

Old 10-01-2009, 07:28 AM

14,691 posts, read 25,324,679 times
Bad. I have given up on it already. For one thing, I thought it was too unrealistic that this bunch of Joe Schmoes is able to solve a crime in 5 days that the cops couldn't in a year. Not saying it doesn't happen but my guess it will every week on this show.

Old 10-16-2009, 02:39 PM

14,785 posts, read 22,523,340 times
okay i for one did not like the pilot epi as stated above but I am starting to like it more as I watch it more . but yeah it is a little far fetched about how they solve crimes and the police cant . I think it is meant by the writers to show if the police had taken more time with the information they had , the police might have been able to solve it . I think that is more the premise of the show . I am liking it especially walters charecter . i think he is awesome and he has one of those faces you would just really help him .

Old 10-16-2009, 04:20 PM

24,510 posts, read 22,777,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
okay i for one did not like the pilot epi as stated above but I am starting to like it more as I watch it more . but yeah it is a little far fetched about how they solve crimes and the police cant . I think it is meant by the writers to show if the police had taken more time with the information they had , the police might have been able to solve it . I think that is more the premise of the show . I am liking it especially walters charecter . i think he is awesome and he has one of those faces you would just really help him .
Which one is Walter, phonelady? The telephone repairman?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV