Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 12:59 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,530,120 times

Advertisements

I'm so over Oprah and her network.

I hated the idea that she would give Rosie O'Donnell a show in the first place considering that Rosie is such an unpleasant individual. I'm glad that Oprah personally made the decision to cut Rosie loose. Maybe Oprah will realize that she can't simply throw what was basically a repeat of the old Rosie show up on her network and have people tune in to watch just because Oprah says so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2012, 01:01 PM

639 posts, read 828,301 times
LOL suprised she lasted this long. Did she do outdated imitations of a Chinese accent and rant against the 2nd amendment (even though she has armed bodyguard) like previous failed shows?

Old 03-19-2012, 01:15 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,196,909 times
I guess Rosie "ranting" image could not be overcome. She did go off the deep end and on the attack quite a few times, it certainly turned me off. You know the saying: "You can never go back" She is not the nicey, nice Rosie from her first talk show...

I think Oprah's network would do a lot better if it was on basic cable TV, having to upgrade your cable to get the OWN channel (at least in my neck of the woods) is so not worth it!! I really stop watching Oprah many years ago when she started to seemingly preach about living the simple and "perfect" life, no such thing, we all have issues and just because you talk about it privately or to the world doesn't mean all is resolved. Oprah and her "aha" moments never fooled me as she revealed in her last shows that she was still struggling with many issues...

Oprah, despite being a bazillionaire and having many self help gurus as her close and personal friends still seems to struggle internally...

Old 03-19-2012, 01:17 PM

639 posts, read 828,301 times
Rosie is a prime example of someone who is ugly on the inside AND outside

Old 03-19-2012, 01:25 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,530,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
I guess Rosie "ranting" image could not be overcome. She did go off the deep end and on the attack quite a few times, it certainly turned me off. You know the saying: "You can never go back" She is not the nicey, nice Rosie from her first talk show...

I think Oprah's network would do a lot better if it was on basic cable TV, having to upgrade your cable to get the OWN channel (at least in my neck of the woods) is so not worth it!! I really stop watching Oprah many years ago when she started to seemingly preach about living the simple and "perfect" life, no such thing, we all have issues and just because you talk about it privately or to the world doesn't mean all is resolved. Oprah and her "aha" moments never fooled me as she revealed in her last shows that she was still struggling with many issues...

Oprah, despite being a bazillionaire and having many self help gurus as her close and personal friends still seems to struggle internally...
I agree. I have always said that once Oprah started with telling everyone how to live their "best life" and what-not that she became too "over-our heads" in her approach to her audience.

Whenever the issue of dieting, exercise, weight came up on her show I would think to myself, "Oprah, how are you going to tell America what to do and you can't even maintain a healthy weight?" Her weight loss experts must have felt like frauds (Bob Greene, particularly) sitting up on her stage, telling us what we need to do while Oprah stands there big as a house nodding in agreement. There were numerous "off" moments like that on her show.

Old 03-19-2012, 01:36 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,196,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I agree. I have always said that once Oprah started with telling everyone how to live their "best life" and what-not that she became too "over-our heads" in her approach to her audience.

Whenever the issue of dieting, exercise, weight came up on her show I would think to myself, "Oprah, how are you going to tell America what to do and you can't even maintain a healthy weight?" Her weight loss experts must have felt like frauds (Bob Greene, particularly) sitting up on her stage, telling us what we need to do while Oprah stands there big as a house nodding in agreement. There were numerous "off" moments like that on her show.
She mentioned as much on her later shows, I think it was getting to her and she addressed it with Dr. Oz, but than I think she blamed it on a misdiagnosed thyroid condition. Lately she is looking so sad and it looks like her weight may be getting out of control. Since she is an "emotional eater", her inner turmoil might be getting the better of her...of course this is all speculation on my part

Old 03-19-2012, 01:39 PM

2,401 posts, read 4,683,928 times
Rosie is sooooo not even yesterday... is like why even "ever" bother???

Old 03-19-2012, 08:11 PM

2,092 posts, read 3,224,245 times
Looks like she is making some changes...hopefully she will also change some of her programming.

Oprah Winfrey Network lays off one-fifth of staff *| accessAtlanta (http://www.accessatlanta.com/celebrities-tv/oprah-winfrey-network-lays-1391084.html?cxntlid=thbz_hm - broken link)

Old 03-19-2012, 09:32 PM

4,947 posts, read 10,813,054 times
Good riddance to old, filthy rubbish.
Rosie is a horrible human being.

Old 03-19-2012, 09:46 PM

3,769 posts, read 8,800,032 times
Agreed - Good. Riddance. My elementary schooler knows that if the TV is even on for background noise - if Rosie comes on - he rushes to change it before I yell out - "change the channel!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV