U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 07:28 AM

15,803 posts, read 10,447,792 times

Advertisements

I didn't even notice what she was wearing but I will say...

1. I'd never let TV cameras into my place!
2. Whatever she was wearing was by design to send a message. The casual look probably was meant to underscore how comfortable she is (with her crappy, unowned choices)
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2010, 10:39 AM

24,851 posts, read 33,432,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
I didn't even notice what she was wearing but I will say...

1. I'd never let TV cameras into my place!
2. Whatever she was wearing was by design to send a message. The casual look probably was meant to underscore how comfortable she is (with her crappy, unowned choices)
I'm not the kind of person who usually comments on what a person is wearing. I shouldn't have mentioned it. I'm a very casual dresser myself. It just popped into my head while I was watching.

Old 04-30-2010, 10:55 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,217,850 times
Interviews like this are why I continue to admire Oprah's skills! Excellent points rkb, Toosie and Dockside I couldn't have said it any better. The crux of the matter to me is that if you have morals and respect for yourself as a woman, you wouldn't involve yourself with a married man, but yet we all know woman like this are out there who are actually on the hunt for the already involved man and they don't really care who gets hurt.

Old 04-30-2010, 10:59 AM

5,013 posts, read 8,412,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
I saw most of the interview earlier and was astounded. She really does come across as pathological in her lack of remorse and her purported belief that her actions were of no consequence to anyone else - as if there is no reason to judge her based on established social convention - that if anyone judges her it is because they were hurt by someone else. She. Is. Whack!
It'll be interesting to see in the future if either Rielle or John cheat on each other. Whatever new age spin Rielle puts on it, it's still cheating.

If he happens to cheat on her later, I hope she can be as philosophical about it then as she is right now.

Old 04-30-2010, 04:49 PM

15,894 posts, read 16,720,253 times
I was disgusted by that interview. I'm not a goody-two-shoes but this was outrageous.

She is out of touch with reality. Putting the spin on it with new age stuff is actually hilarious. I really was laughing at the things she said about being so spiritual. She's not spiritual. I think she's clueless about good vs bad. How she could say that she was a truthful person is beyond me. Amoral. That's her.

I think she is a sociopathic personality and I'd be very afraid being around her. People like this have no sense of right and wrong.

Last edited by Ketabcha; 04-30-2010 at 05:06 PM..

Old 04-30-2010, 10:06 PM

3,736 posts, read 7,494,448 times
My take is that she wanted to come off like she is spiritual and a good person so that at some point her and Johnny can come out with their relationship and he can get back into politics. I think this was Johnny's master plan. But she came off looking bad and it would have been better if she kept her mouth shut.

This woman wanted to have the man's baby especially since she knew that one day he could be President. It is just like all the women who claimed they had an affair with a Kennedy it should be shameful and nothing to brag about but they get their hopes up that one day they will be able to make money off of the scandal.

Hate how she flaunted her relationship on the show. Couldn't they wait until his wife is gone. I really feel it for her. The previous poster you shouldn't be so hard on Elizabeth since she has lost a child, she has terminal cancer, and has a failed marriage that is playing out in the public. I'd have cold eyes too, hell I'd be on the war path.

Old 04-30-2010, 10:26 PM

540 posts, read 1,268,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
LOL--I liked her. Found her refreshing in contrast to that drab,biotch Elizabeth Edwards.
I wonder how exciting and charming you would be, if you were fighting terminal stage 4 cancer and watching your spouse's sexcapades unravel on a national stage?

In the interview, Miss Spirituality, ( as Oprah mockingly referred to her) came across as a psycho delusional ditz.

An interview with a John Edwards' aide after the Oprah visit, revealed more of her insanity. She told this guy while she was pregnant, that her baby was being sent to 'save the world'

How refreshing, indeed

Last edited by baseballgal; 04-30-2010 at 10:36 PM..

Old 04-30-2010, 10:44 PM

12,478 posts, read 16,502,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballgal View Post
I wonder how exciting and charming you would be, if you were fighting terminal stage 4 cancer and watching your spouse's sexcapades unravel on a national stage?

In the interview, Miss Spirituality, ( as Oprah mockingly referred to her) came across as a psycho delusional ditz.

An interview with a John Edwards' aide after the Oprah visit, revealed more of her insanity. She told this guy while she was pregnant, that her baby was being sent to 'save the world'

How refreshing, indeed
I have a right to express what my impression of her was. No biggie to you.
I saw Elizabeth Edwards interview a year or so ago and was not impressed with her. I doubt her cancer made her the cold,ugly and drab biotch she seems to be and is according to things I've read.
You got your right to feel whatever and so do I.

Old 05-01-2010, 06:14 AM

43,486 posts, read 54,212,346 times
I thought she came off OK...a little better than the image I had of her from the media, and less homely looking. Is she a new age loony? Absolutely. If she wants to be the mistress of a cheating lyer, then that's her business. I do agree that you can't steal someone else's husband unless he wants to be stolen.
Also, plenty of women with ticking bio clocks are getting knocked up on purpose, so that's no big shocker. JE is nice looking and intellegent, so she could do worse for a sperm donor.
In Elizabeth Edwards defense, if you had cancer and your husband was a cheating lyer, you might be a bit bi***y too.

Old 05-01-2010, 07:42 AM

17,700 posts, read 37,549,663 times
Ok ... FOLKS!!!!

There would be no Rielle Hunter interview with Oprah if John Edwards kept his hoo hoo dilly where he supposedly made a vow to keep it decades ago.

John Edwards is a scumbag and to be honest, anyone here who trashes elizabeth edwards as a witch or shrill ... shame on you. The woman is dying. She gave up her career to give this man his dream. She supported his every political whim. Did she get a little spotlighty as a result, ok, yea, sure, but it was through her fully supportive role that enabled him to have a life in politics and have a nice family life. FAMILY ... that's the operative word. This man broke his marriage vows while his wife suffered through cancer treatments and now is dying ... this is what he does?

Rielle Hunter is an opportunistic homewrecker. She could have said no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV