U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 10:06 AM

750 posts, read 1,350,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I thought she came off OK...a little better than the image I had of her from the media, and less homely looking.
That John Edwards aide (forgot his name.... Young?) who negotiated the sex tape deal was interviewed on another show and he said she's definitely had some plastic surgery. They showed some before and after photos and it's pretty evident she had the jowls resculpted and a few other things done. Not a big deal, but certainly explains the improved image. At least the physical image. I can't think of a thing that might improve the image of her character (or lack thereof). She's a snake.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2010, 10:25 AM

3,736 posts, read 7,485,403 times
gentlearts, no you can't steal someone's husband but you sure can be a home wrecker. When someone is married and you know they are and that they have kids why get into a relationship? All marriages have issues and people can be vulnerable at times and really the man should have kept it in the pants, but trust me she won't like it when he does it to her and he will.

Sometimes when men have money and power and or any type of celebrity there are vultures who seek the famed out and do whatever they can to get them.

Old 05-01-2010, 11:22 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,212,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Ok ... FOLKS!!!!

There would be no Rielle Hunter interview with Oprah if John Edwards kept his hoo hoo dilly where he supposedly made a vow to keep it decades ago.

John Edwards is a scumbag and to be honest, anyone here who trashes elizabeth edwards as a witch or shrill ... shame on you. The woman is dying. She gave up her career to give this man his dream. She supported his every political whim. Did she get a little spotlighty as a result, ok, yea, sure, but it was through her fully supportive role that enabled him to have a life in politics and have a nice family life. FAMILY ... that's the operative word. This man broke his marriage vows while his wife suffered through cancer treatments and now is dying ... this is what he does?

Rielle Hunter is an opportunistic homewrecker. She could have said no.
THANK-YOU ^^ very much for that and also to Baseballgal and Bayarea-girl..excellent points!!!

Elizabeth Edwards also had a law degree I believe and I bet she is wishing she would have taken a different path in life than wasting her life on this man only to be humiliated in the worst way years down the road. I can't even imagine her pain! I have no way of knowing her personality in real life..but no excuse for J Edwards actions at all

Old 05-01-2010, 03:30 PM

12,478 posts, read 16,480,689 times
does the term "exquisitely vacuous" ring a bell with anyone?
That one made me LOL but save the rep points for someone who cares about such. LOL

Old 05-01-2010, 03:37 PM

4,527 posts, read 5,631,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
THANK-YOU ^^ very much for that and also to Baseballgal and Bayarea-girl..excellent points!!!

Elizabeth Edwards also had a law degree I believe and I bet she is wishing she would have taken a different path in life than wasting her life on this man only to be humiliated in the worst way years down the road. I can't even imagine her pain! I have no way of knowing her personality in real life..but no excuse for J Edwards actions at all
-----i can relate--my ex began acting in that manner when my health took a downturn and he discovered i had a disease that could end my life early---hope karma gets them both

Old 05-01-2010, 04:22 PM

15,803 posts, read 10,431,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
does the term "exquisitely vacuous" ring a bell with anyone?
No, but I love it! My sister read me part of a NYT article about the interview. The journalist referred to Rielle as "serenely impervious to contradiction or sarcasm" Thought that was spot on!

Old 05-02-2010, 06:05 PM

24,851 posts, read 33,382,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I thought she came off OK...a little better than the image I had of her from the media, and less homely looking. Is she a new age loony? Absolutely. If she wants to be the mistress of a cheating lyer, then that's her business. I do agree that you can't steal someone else's husband unless he wants to be stolen.
Also, plenty of women with ticking bio clocks are getting knocked up on purpose, so that's no big shocker. JE is nice looking and intellegent, so she could do worse for a sperm donor.
In Elizabeth Edwards defense, if you had cancer and your husband was a cheating lyer, you might be a bit bi***y too.
That doesn't make it ok.

Old 05-03-2010, 09:01 AM

15,894 posts, read 16,699,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsqueezer View Post
That John Edwards aide (forgot his name.... Young?) who negotiated the sex tape deal was interviewed on another show and he said she's definitely had some plastic surgery. They showed some before and after photos and it's pretty evident she had the jowls resculpted and a few other things done. Not a big deal, but certainly explains the improved image. At least the physical image. I can't think of a thing that might improve the image of her character (or lack thereof). She's a snake.
Thanks for the info about plastic surgery. I wondered if she had had it because I remember that previously she reminded me of Linda Tripp.....which is not a compliment.

Old 05-03-2010, 10:13 AM

43,856 posts, read 47,481,216 times
Makes you have a new respect and appreciation for the early settlers.
She would've had a nice scarlett letter on her clothes....
and he would be in the town square in shackles with folks throwing old lettuce at him.

Old 05-03-2010, 10:25 AM

4,527 posts, read 5,631,022 times
let's petition to bring that back--i would sew those a's on for free!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV