Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2010, 10:01 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,807,792 times

Advertisements

I'm gonna watch but I'm still not liking the new format and I dislike all of the designers this season. They should call it the Nina and Her Nincompoops show
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2010, 11:29 AM

Default you can vote for your favorite designer

for your fav to win their own online show.

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv-design-star-vote-for-your-favorite-designer/package/index.html
You can vote up to 10x per day.
Now if I only had a favorite

Old 07-11-2010, 09:00 PM

I really dislike this show more each week.
I dislike Nina more each week.

I have NO idea what Alex says when he speaks. It's like a whole other language.

Old 07-11-2010, 09:01 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,458,537 times
I just couldnt bring myself to watch the show tonight. This has always been my favorite show of all but the combination of the changed format and the individuals (as well as the re-runs last week) have dampened my enthusiasm considerably. Pippy, I laughed at the "Nina and Her Nincompoops" comment...what a great observation!

Old 07-11-2010, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
I just couldnt bring myself to watch the show tonight. This has always been my favorite show of all but the combination of the changed format and the individuals (as well as the re-runs last week) have dampened my enthusiasm considerably. Pippy, I laughed at the "Nina and Her Nincompoops" comment...what a great observation!
you didn't miss anything. Every week after it's over I find myself thinking,"that's an hour of my life I can't retrieve".
I hope they fire Mark Burnett or whatever his name is.
The challenges could not be more stupid.

Old 07-12-2010, 06:43 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,245,736 times
What is it with the 'group' thing and having to show style in the room based on some object?? It was okay as a concept for one show....but now it is the trend for the whole season. The eliminations make no sense. The wins don't even bring a smile to your face. The deliberations are too secretive. It's so boring and stupid now. I'm so mad they messed up one of my most favorite shows of all time.

I don't like Nina or Mike and I wouldn't watch their show even if one of them won. The rest may have talent, but we can't see that because they are having to express themselves through some weird inspiration object.

Old 07-12-2010, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
for your fav to win their own online show.

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv-design-star-vote-for-your-favorite-designer/package/index.html
You can vote up to 10x per day.
Now if I only had a favorite
I'm glad Dan is winning. He worked really hard for the team and NO ONE stood up for him. Well, maybe some of them would have if given the opportunity.

Old 07-12-2010, 02:10 PM

1,786 posts, read 3,464,032 times
Does anyone know how much time they are given for the challenges? I heard Vern say "it was a really tough week". Is it possible that they had a good 5 days to get these designs done? I am still stuck on the old format of the clock ticking down (and normally a short time frame). Again, these people just seem to be throwing money (via furniture/accessory items) rather than being pushed to make something original with everyday OR unusual items. With a seemingly unlimited budget (we're never told how much per team), I think ALL of US could do better ourselves. But maybe that's just me.

And just as a repeat complaint of mine: Bring back the freaking paint cans! This man vs. woman team thing is just annoying and predictable. Why not allow it to be switched up every week with a different grouping of the individuals.

Did any of you see see the promo for next week? Really?! Spending time with NYC Firefighters and seeing what they do each day? What an ORIGINAL idea .... Yeesh!!! Clive, Clive - please come back!!!

Old 07-12-2010, 05:29 PM

I read around online a bit and it seems EVERYONE is complaining about the new format and the lack of Clive! Maybe they will put together a better season next time.

I think there are probably some great designers in the bunch....but how would we know? The format is too wacky for us to really figure out who did what or had what ideas.

Old 07-12-2010, 08:50 PM

1,818 posts, read 1,530,019 times
I completely agree with all of you - the format this season is awful and the challenges beyond stupid. SO disapointed!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV