Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which campus is better Stephen F. Austin Univ. OR Univ Of Texas at Tyler
Stephen F. Austin 16 64.00%
Universty of Texas at Tyler 9 36.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 07:05 PM

1,064 posts, read 1,893,359 times

Advertisements

I believe SFA is a better campus then University of Texas at Tyler.
SFA being enrollement of 13000+ is a lot better atomsphere then U of TX at Tyler enrollement of 8,000+.The dorms at SFA are more nicer and more selection of floor design then at U Of Tx at Tyler.They have parking garage there on campus so it is covenient for students to get to there classrooms on time. They have two cafeterias that have variety of eating.
Over all SFA wins this battle........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2011, 05:21 PM

816 posts, read 1,938,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee936 View Post
SFA being enrollement of 13000+ is a lot better atomsphere then U of TX at Tyler enrollement of 8,000+.The dorms at SFA are more nicer and more selection of floor design then at U Of Tx at Tyler.They have parking garage there on campus so it is covenient for students to get to there classrooms on time. They have two cafeterias that have variety of eating.
Man Dee, you're something else...

I don't think I have ever seen you make positive things about other cities but only Nacogdoches and Lufkin.

I'll tell you one thing I hate about SFA, the food served by Aramark. That company shouldn't exist. It is that awful.

Old 08-20-2011, 08:06 PM

3,842 posts, read 8,215,351 times
I've never been to either one, but each school serves vastly different purposes. Plus Stephen F is a bit older. So this is not a good comparison.

Old 08-20-2011, 10:48 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,846,374 times
SFA is older & more of your traditional "college town", but UT Tyler is growing very fast...probably faster than SFA. Its not the same school it was even just 10 years ago. The had to open a satellite campus in Palestine (40 miles South of Tyler) because UT Tyler became over enrolled.

Old 08-21-2011, 12:27 AM

They have demolished every old dorm a stephen f.austin univ. and have built them over with parking garage.
SFA spent 168 million dollars on renovating and adding on,SFA had a little over 13,000 students show up last year and everyone was searching for a place because there was no space on campus.
Check out the new apt/dorms these developers out on NYc are building online at legends at SFA that are going to be the most upscale apt in east texas lol......don't hate.
They have room for 500 student and a pen house attachment on North st.

Old 08-22-2011, 09:56 PM

SFA is a beautiful college!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-22-2011, 10:35 PM

816 posts, read 1,938,058 times
Quote:
They have demolished every old dorm a stephen f.austin univ. and have built them over with parking garage.
SFA spent 168 million dollars on renovating and adding on,SFA had a little over 13,000 students show up last year and everyone was searching for a place because there was no space on campus.
Check out the new apt/dorms these developers out on NYc are building online at legends at SFA that are going to be the most upscale apt in east texas lol......don't hate.
They have room for 500 student and a pen house attachment on North st.
SFA did not demolished every old dorm. There are plenty of old dorms. They only demolish one which was one and half years ago, haha.

I've looked at the new apt webpage and should be very nice but I doubt it will be the most upscale apt in East Texas. If it is then how are college students going to be able to afford the very upscale apartment (what you claim) with 500 students out of 13,000 students. I don't think so.

Old 08-23-2011, 09:57 AM
k_s

405 posts, read 892,597 times
Quote:
There's nothing like a school that's "more nicer" than its peers.

Gotta love education.

Old 08-23-2011, 02:49 PM

3,028 posts, read 5,038,139 times
On this one, SFA, is much prettier but not as landscaped as UT. Tyler. I'm normally all Tyler, but as I said, I try to be a little unbiased. SFA still has many of those huge pine trees which I really like, thou many have been cut down over the years. I hope they keep the ones left.

Old 08-23-2011, 05:26 PM

1,518 posts, read 3,040,686 times
I normally wouldn't vote on another of these "Nacogdoches vs Tyler" threads, but I went to SFASU briefly in 2003 so I had to vote for it. It only had about 7,000 people back then, so it's cool that it has roughly doubled in size. I really enjoyed my semester there. I went there a few months ago and it has changed a lot, but my Hall 14 is still there.

My brother has been a student at UT Tyler for several years now and says the administration in his department is a bunch of idiots. He actually preferred his time at Tyler Junior College.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler
View detailed profiles of: