Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 06:10 PM

1,518 posts, read 3,056,573 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
ok then, sorry didnt know you were in the SERIOUSLY elite riding group. i just upgraded to 125cc so i can manage the tyler hills a little better. of course, it will still be considered a leisurely pace. thanks anyway.
Put some knobbies on that scooter and I'll go riding with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2011, 10:16 PM

1,449 posts, read 2,354,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshi View Post
Put some knobbies on that scooter and I'll go riding with you.
thanks for the offer kenshi. i might just take you up on it sometime

Old 10-29-2011, 05:44 PM

3 posts, read 9,213 times
I am from Louisiana seeking to live in Texas and found that Tyler,TX seems to be wear I will be. Any info on schools, colleges, hospitals, apartments or houses, and military bases

Old 10-31-2011, 08:34 AM

118 posts, read 218,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mff8033g View Post
I am from Louisiana seeking to live in Texas and found that Tyler,TX seems to be wear I will be. Any info on schools, colleges, hospitals, apartments or houses, and military bases

I have been looking around the area quite a bit. Renting vs. buying and stuff like that.

No military bases... so I am unsure why you would live there or want to.

Old 10-31-2011, 11:56 AM

3,028 posts, read 5,085,037 times
Being the medical center of East Texas - More medical jobs in Tyler. The regions only level one, ETMC, Level Trauma center. Only one in the city of Fort Worth. Tyler Junior College with 12,000 students, all kinds of medical two year degrees, University of Texas at Tyler, some 6,500 students offering more subjects, degrees each year, growing.

All kinds of apartments, houses, more than 50 per cent live in apartments. Need more information on what you think you are looking for? Help if we can. email directly if you like. Tyler Information is "my thing".

Old 11-02-2011, 08:45 PM

18 posts, read 40,602 times
I was trying to PM Metro Matt but can't figure out how to do it!!

So Metro Matt, or anyone in the know....I see mentions in this thread about the growth and traffic on the southside of Tyler. My husband and I are looking to relocate and are considering a business in that specific area, on Broadway. Would a retail business do well in this area? Is there good "people traffic"? What is this area mostly made up of....what types of businesses or residential?

Thanks for any help!

Old 11-02-2011, 09:18 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,994,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamallama1 View Post
I was trying to PM Metro Matt but can't figure out how to do it!!

So Metro Matt, or anyone in the know....I see mentions in this thread about the growth and traffic on the southside of Tyler. My husband and I are looking to relocate and are considering a business in that specific area, on Broadway. Would a retail business do well in this area? Is there good "people traffic"? What is this area mostly made up of....what types of businesses or residential?

Thanks for any help!
South Tyler is restaurant row.

Everything from local Italian to Mediterranean.

People eat out A LOT in Tyler.

No people traffic, but there sure is automobile traffic!

Last edited by Metro Matt; 11-02-2011 at 09:31 PM..

Old 11-02-2011, 11:08 PM

941 posts, read 1,914,946 times
To OP, I have been in Tyler and it seemed to me large enough to find singles. Am not sure though with your criteria, although I agree on the handlebar moustache, lol.

I have read here it is more of a family place but hey 50% of marriages end in divorce so there is always that option, j/k

Old 11-03-2011, 07:53 AM

18 posts, read 40,602 times
Thanks for the info! Good to know. Do you see many restaurants go out of business or do most of the ones (in south Tyler) seem to do ok? I know thats a very general question, but my husband saw a picture of a block on Broadway and thought it looked like an older section of town....one- story 70's looking strip center. He was concerned it might be an area on the decline and therefore not a good place to buy a business. As a local, can you tell us if we are wrong? Thanks.

Old 11-03-2011, 10:21 AM

12,498 posts, read 26,994,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamallama1 View Post
Thanks for the info! Good to know. Do you see many restaurants go out of business or do most of the ones (in south Tyler) seem to do ok? I know thats a very general question, but my husband saw a picture of a block on Broadway and thought it looked like an older section of town....one- story 70's looking strip center. He was concerned it might be an area on the decline and therefore not a good place to buy a business. As a local, can you tell us if we are wrong? Thanks.
Restaurant row starts at Amherst & ends at Hertitage on Broadway (HWY. 69)

This is about a 5 mile long strip if I had to guess.

No problem with businesses going out in this part of town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler